GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was hoping that switch was integrated into the drive selector dial. Am going to be immensely irritated if i get the missing/blank space in my manual Badlands hero switch area
Badlands with manual comes with 5 switches in the hero switch pack with the left most area for a button being empty.

Ford Bronco New videos show off Bronco Trail Turn Control + testing manual in sand Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 5.36.30 AM

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This doesn't have to turn into a Zapruder film analysis. But there is nothing in the first video that shows it is a manual. There are 3 Broncos and 3 video clips. The first 2 clips demonstrate the Trail Turn Assist. The 3rd video features the clutch drop at 3500 rpms. The first video shows a 2-dr. The Bronco in the 3rd clip is a 4-dr. The 2nd video has the back seat cage that isn't in either the 1st or 3rd video.
DANG IT!!!!!!

Still...... a MT equipped Bronco should easily still be able to do the Trail Turn Assist as it's a Brake Only Function when the axle is Unlocked.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands with manual comes with 5 switches in the hero switch pack with the left most area for a button being empty.

Ford Bronco New videos show off Bronco Trail Turn Control + testing manual in sand Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 5.36.30 AM

Bummer, (appreciate the picture though!) I will just add it to the myriad of disapointments that I will rationalize away like all the rest.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that the 3rd tube door behind the passengers?
I have been asking about that for months. Just gibberish f
Is that the 3rd tube door behind the passengers?
Exactly! What,s the option code for that roll cage? Why is it needed if the BORON steel is so good?

Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does this work well at low speeds and can it be done turning either direction? It seems like all the videos have some speed to them. I would like to see it done on a tight trail and not sand.

I also would like to see a tight turn done with and without trail turn enabled to see how much it really improves things.

Very neat feature, just hope it's practical on the trail and not a mall/beach trick.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this work well at low speeds and can it be done turning either direction? It seems like all the videos have some speed to them. I would like to see it done on a tight trail and not sand.

I also would like to see a tight turn done with and without trail turn enabled to see how much it really improves things.

Very neat feature, just hope it's practical on the trail and not a mall/beach trick.
I believe that the passenger in one of the videos states that it functions a 7 MPH or less.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would bet it would be speed limited, maybe max 10mph or so. Like how the lockers and sway bar disco are limited. I assume it will only activate at full lock, thats going to be a speed limit in itself. Wonder if you have to hold the button, or if you just switch it and leave it activated.

I'd like to know what the turning radius is without the Trail turn control. Have gotten spoiled with my wife's 2dr JK, that thing can turn around in a phone booth.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would bet it would be speed limited, maybe max 10mph or so. Like how the lockers and sway bar disco are limited. I assume it will only activate at full lock, thats going to be a speed limit in itself. Wonder if you have to hold the button, or if you just switch it and leave it activated.

I'd like to know what the turning radius is without the Trail turn control. Have gotten spoiled with my wife's 2dr JK, that thing can turn around in a phone booth.
The passenger explained that the switch on the Hero Bar has to be on. It will remain in stand-by until it senses the tight wheel turn when the speed is below the threshold (Some say 7mph and another poster said 10mph). The passenger in the one clip mentions a speed at which it will operate. You might want to re-watch if it is that important of a detail. Basically, you have to be going slow with the switch on and when the tight turn is sensed, then the fun happens.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

He just posted this too. I gotta say If I tried this in my Jeep I’d probably shit a kidney

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He just posted this too. I gotta say If I tried this in my Jeep I’d probably shit a kidney
yeah, with that attitude it prolly wouldn't want to go anywhere.... also, "shit a kidney"? sell it to pay for a bronco

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah, with that attitude it prolly wouldn't want to go anywhere.... also, "shit a kidney"? sell it to pay for a bronco
My Jeep goes anywhere! Just at a much slower pace lol.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks awesome, makes me wish it was on the manual. I never learned how to drive slush! Hopefully the 2H/4H is a good shift on the fly and disengages easy so I can just turn with 3500 RPM clutch dumps.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

'ya beat me to it @Nickp , I just saw this on his FB and was ready to post

This thing just sucks up the whoops like it's nothing. (y)(y)
Sponsored