William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I sold off my GTI but guess I must still be on the mailing list so I got this today:

There’s an all‑new Volkswagen in town, and we think it’s going to be your favorite yet.

It’s an electric SUV that’s truly changing the game. Don’t believe us? Check this out: the VW ID.4 electric SUV brings a manufacturer estimated 250 miles of range on a single charge* for the Pro and 1st Edition models, heart‑pumping instant torque and as much as $3,500 in estimated fuel cost savings over 5 years compared to the average gas vehicle**—this is the next generation of driving.
Once you see what the ID.4 is capable of, there’s no going back.

https://www.vw.com/models/id4/section/colors/

Reserve is only $100 but what really caught my attention is you have the build option when you reserve with all options and colors with prices available to choose from, hmmm seems like that would have been good for Ford to have had 3 months ago.

Anyrate, I really liked my VWs (had 3) and for those wanting an electric SUV option but don't need to go too far off-road this looks pretty good.
Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The rear seats fold flat :love:

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wife is contemplating Golf R.

OP
OP
Lowcountry Bronco

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wife is contemplating Golf R.
I really wish they imported the R sportwagen, if they did I'd drop my Bronco reservation in a heartbeat!

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks like just another crossover though. I got my wife a 2020 Tiguan last year and so far we love it so I'm not trying to knock on VW. This just doesn't scream exciting. They're using Tesla's platform and creating just another boring (albeit cheaper than the model x) crossover.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold off my GTI but guess I must still be on the mailing list so I got this today:

There’s an all‑new Volkswagen in town, and we think it’s going to be your favorite yet.

It’s an electric SUV that’s truly changing the game. Don’t believe us? Check this out: the VW ID.4 electric SUV brings a manufacturer estimated 250 miles of range on a single charge* for the Pro and 1st Edition models, heart‑pumping instant torque and as much as $3,500 in estimated fuel cost savings over 5 years compared to the average gas vehicle**—this is the next generation of driving.
Once you see what the ID.4 is capable of, there’s no going back.

https://www.vw.com/models/id4/section/colors/

Reserve is only $100 but what really caught my attention is you have the build option when you reserve with all options and colors with prices available to choose from, hmmm seems like that would have been good for Ford to have had 3 months ago.

Anyrate, I really liked my VWs (had 3) and for those wanting an electric SUV option but don't need to go too far off-road this looks pretty good.
I'm not sure if I remember correctly but didn't Ford have the B&P for reservations for the Mach-E when it was first revealed? I feel like these manufactures are doing things differently for their EVs.

The fact that we don't have the B&P now is kind of crazy. They originally before covid had a reveal scheduled for the end of March for the Bronco, I wonder if we still would've had a long wait for the B&P if the reveal happened in March.

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They're using Tesla's platform and creating just another boring (albeit cheaper than the model x) crossover.
Funny you say that since they're even using the Tesla color palette. ?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I grew up in Cali so I am waiting for the bus...

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're using Tesla's platform and creating just another boring (albeit cheaper than the model x) crossover.
If VW is building it, then it will likely have massively better build quality than current teslas.

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surely you jest
I mean not having the qc issues Tesla has on $100k plus vehicles should be easy. Horrid panel gaps, door issues on model X's, Parts not being installed properly at delivery, Paint issues, I'm also fairly sure people are waiting 6+ months for panels to repair damaged cars as well, I believe its a 4+ month wait for new windshields for certain models as well.

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean not having the qc issues Tesla has on $100k plus vehicles should be easy. Horrid panel gaps, door issues on model X's, Parts not being installed properly at delivery, Paint issues, I'm also fairly sure people are waiting 6+ months for panels to repair damaged cars as well, I believe its a 4+ month wait for new windshields for certain models as well.
I can attest this. I have a cousin that took delivery of a 2019 Model 3 LR, and they had to call out a service tech on the same delivery day to fix a misalignment with the rear bumper and fender. Over the course of the year and a half they owned it, it had to be brought in a service center twice for a bad MCU/screen and something broke in the front passenger door that was rattling inside.

They just traded it in last month for a new Toyota Highlander Limited.