First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Remove window, scrape out glue, re-glue window.

No reason this should take longer than a normal window replacement, other than maybe an extra 20-30 minutes of extra glue scraping.

Rear door latch is not the latch, it's the stupid child lock that nobody ever uses that prevents folks from opening the rear door from the inside.

Window is a stop sale. Latch should not be a stop sale. (Dealership may be concerned about liability)

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got mine back - looks they had Safelite come and do it. Picked it up yesterday - driving today I hear a whistle that I didn’t used to hear and I’m betting it’s the windshield after it was reset. Not happy at all, just a pain. Want to bring it back, but I hate going through the process when it was just there for days.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Scheduled this recall with my dealer/glass shop today. Glass shop Told me they’d have it done in a couple
Hours.

Cap

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My bronco arrived at my dealership HOURS after the recall. Their contracted glass company will not attempt to pull the windshield without having a replacement "in case" of breakage. Dealer called every dealership in state to acquire one....either they didn't have it...or were not giving it up. It is "ordered with no ETA". My question.....what type of time frame am I looking at?
About 2 weeks ago my dealership called alerted me to their receipt of my Bronco and that I could come get it. I was ecstatic! Then, 15 minutes later the dealership called me back to tell me the Bronco was subject to the recall and they could not sell it to me until the windshield work was complete - which they estimated to be done by last week. But then, last week when I called the dealership to schedule a time to come in, I learned that the dealership's contracted glass company (i) had cracked the windshield while removing it, and (ii) undertook that botched removal *without* having a spare piece of glass on hand. Hence, I'm now in a new purgatory of waiting for the new windshield they ordered to arrive (I have no idea on the negative effects, if any, of letting the vehicle sit without a windshield for weeks). I was told that the ETA on the order for the new glass was up to 3 weeks (not that any timeline I've been provided throughout this process has held up). This entire process has been an exercise in the absurd.

Sponsored

Wvwaiting

Badlands
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About 2 weeks ago my dealership called alerted me to their receipt of my Bronco and that I could come get it. I was ecstatic! Then, 15 minutes later the dealership called me back to tell me the Bronco was subject to the recall and they could not sell it to me until the windshield work was complete - which they estimated to be done by last week. But then, last week when I called the dealership to schedule a time to come in, I learned that the dealership's contracted glass company (i) had cracked the windshield while removing it, and (ii) undertook that botched removal *without* having a spare piece of glass on hand. Hence, I'm now in a new purgatory of waiting for the new windshield they ordered to arrive (I have no idea on the negative effects, if any, of letting the vehicle sit without a windshield for weeks). I was told that the ETA on the order for the new glass was up to 3 weeks (not that any timeline I've been provided throughout this process has held up). This entire process has been an exercise in the absurd.
I am still waiting.....this is the most aggravating part of this whole process. Was told yesterday it would be completed Tuesday or Wednesday next week. That would be 3 weeks on the dealer lot.

Last edited:

FJCruiser

First Name
Jimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I tried to warn everyone early reserving and buying these year 1/2 Broncos what happens to Guinee pigs that buy Brand new vehicles...
Agreed. The initial FJ Cruiser release saw a bunch of problems that later releases did not have.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just turned over 1800 miles on my 2022 Badlands when I heard a pop and a stress crack about 10" in length appeared in the center top of the windshield. No rock strike, just a stress crack between the inner and outer layers. Highway driving. Stopped into my Ford dealer to make an appointment for repair and was told September 6 was the earliest they could fit me in as they can only do 2 to 4 windshield repairs a week. Every Bronco customer of theirs is coming in to replace/repair their windshields. Guess other models are experiencing similar issues as well. So, it is not just an adhesion issue, the glass is faulty. Not sure how this issue got through QC and product testing during offroad events.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just turned over 1800 miles on my 2022 Badlands when I heard a pop and a stress crack about 10" in length appeared in the center top of the windshield. No rock strike, just a stress crack between the inner and outer layers. Highway driving. Stopped into my Ford dealer to make an appointment for repair and was told September 6 was the earliest they could fit me in as they can only do 2 to 4 windshield repairs a week. Every Bronco customer of theirs is coming in to replace/repair their windshields. Guess other models are experiencing similar issues as well. So, it is not just an adhesion issue, the glass is faulty. Not sure how this issue got through QC and product testing during offroad events.
Currently, (or at least last week according to my Ford parts dept) the OEM windshield for Bronco is backordered w/a note stating that "quality issues" from the manufacturer are the reason for the backorder. It appears that an improvement is coming, but unfortunate for those who have the issue now, and no recourse ATM. Either way it's clear Ford is aware of the issue.

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update

KS1LE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer Sport, 2017 SS1LE, 02 GTP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had this done today. My local dealer made sure they had a new windshield on hand just in case. Mine was the 5th one they have done without any problems. I was the first that they have done with film on the windshield.

kfumble

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am still waiting.....this is the most aggravating part of this whole process. Was told yesterday it would be completed Tuesday or Wednesday next week. That would be 3 weeks on the dealer lot.
My vehicle came in and they said they needed to check for recalls, and my vehicle was included in the recall so they arent alllowed to release the vehicle to me as well.

They first said 2-6 days for the recall fix, but then said when they went to order the windshield, the stock then showed zero, so they need to wait 21-30 days for new windshields to come in.

Apparently they say they need a windshield because 9 out 10 times the windshield will break when they remove it, and it will be all Ford's cost so they would rather have a backup windshield ready to just replace it then

I'm sorry to hear you have been waiting 3 weeks so far -but hopefully its not much longer at this point and that those just going through the recall now wont wait even longer due to the backlog

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got my recall(22C12) letter in the mail yesterday for the windshield. Called dealer to make an appointment, no one there till Monday. Letter states will take less than 1 half day. Like I believe that. Hopefully dealer calls me to make an appointment, God knows how long it will take to get 1!!!.
Sponsored