First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is why I am here, lurking, twiddling my thumbs, watching from the driver seat of my Tacoma as the bugs get shook out. Wonder what colors they'll have in 2026?
Yes, but this also effect the Ranger and they have been building that since December 2018. Seems like they are going backwards. How many years have they been gluing in windshields? 40-50 years? This should not be an issue. Then you have people like me who only have one vehicle. What if the repair takes more then a few hours? How am I supposed to get around? Rent my own car?
Sponsored

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all.

It looks like a new windshield recall 22C12 just dropped today (June 28th) on 2022 Broncos build between December 8th and April 12th.

Reason: "inadequate urethane adhesion" which means that the windshield could possibly come loose in the event of a crash. Affected vehicles could also experience increased wind noise or the possibility of water leaks.

This repair will require a glass shop to remove your windshield, then the body shop will have to remove old urethane, prep the surface, and apply primer to the mounting surface area of the windshield, then once cured the glass shop will have to come back and reinstall the glass.

Owner letters to be sent out in a few weeks. It is also a "stop sale" so anybody with an incoming order won't be able to take delivery until this is completed. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'd estimate that the repair will take most dealers 3 days of actual work once they have everything coordinated. This obviously does not account for the current appointment backlogs most dealers and body shops are experiencing. again, don't shoot the messenger.

(Update: I spoke to my dealer's body shop and glass shop today. The body shop didn't even want the Bronco brought to them. They have been doing these on F-150's and Mach-E's for a while now. They say that in MOST cases they don't have to do anything and that the glass shop can indeed usually handle the whole job unless they aren't able to successfully remove the urethane and prep the surface without grinding.)
Thank you Chris for the post and the explanation.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright, so my windshield got done. It was delivered Tuesday to the dealer, got the stop sell later that day. Wednesday they sourced glass, got a glass guy in and installed by noon Friday. If they can get glass then it doesn’t take too long.
Ford Bronco New Windshield Adhesion Recall 22C12 announced for 2022 Broncos BDA7F2BF-F8AF-4A19-A702-9D440683C2D4

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alright, so my windshield got done. It was delivered Tuesday to the dealer, got the stop sell later that day. Wednesday they sourced glass, got a glass guy in and installed by noon Friday. If they can get glass then it doesn’t take too long.
Ford Bronco New Windshield Adhesion Recall 22C12 announced for 2022 Broncos BDA7F2BF-F8AF-4A19-A702-9D440683C2D4
Why did they need to source glass? Did your windshield break?

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why did they need to source glass? Did your windshield break?
They didn’t want to do the replacement without extra glass available. They didn’t wind up needing it but it was better than possibly leaving it with the windshield off for a few days while they got a replacement.

Sponsored

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They didn’t want to do the replacement without extra glass available. They didn’t wind up needing it but it was better than possibly leaving it with the windshield off for a few days while they got a replacement.
Sounds like a good dealer!

Deleted member 32220

What makes them so sure the “glass guy’s” preferred urethane is compliant or better than what was used at MAP Everyone subs out glass work. They will go to body shops, parking lots and replace windshields. They won’t be stopping at the dealer to pick up some fantasy urethane. The recall seems to state “insufficient adhesion” not insufficient adhesive. “Urethane” this is not a bolt on/ bolt off part. This is a butcher off/ butcher on part. NHTSA knows more than me, but this seems like if it’s not broke then don’t fix it. Ford has to cover their ass though.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least SOMEBODY was thinking for once!

orion1224

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak 4Dr Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone noticed odd patterns on their windshield- almost like when it gets fogged from heating/cooling? I notice leopard like spots on my windshield frequently, and most apparent in bright sunlight.

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone noticed odd patterns on their windshield- almost like when it gets fogged from heating/cooling? I notice leopard like spots on my windshield frequently, and most apparent in bright sunlight.
Sounds like you're wearing polarized glasses/sunglasses as that will allow you to see the "spots" from the tempering process which is what makes the glass break into a bunch of tiny crumbs as opposed to shards.

Sponsored

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This sucks. I hate to have none factory stuff done. It is nearly impossible to match what could have been done n the idea climate with the best order of opperations to assemble stuff.

Additionally, I’ve had my front windshield tinted, so that is going to cost more money.

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is a St Pattys day build but it doesn't leak (has the wettest spring on record here) and doesn't seem to make any significant noise at all. I think I will wait until it breaks (inevitable I suppose) and just do it then. That way I can kill 2 birds with one service trip and whoever does it won't have to worry about cracking it when cutting it put of the urethane.

Last edited:

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What makes them so sure the “glass guy’s” preferred urethane is compliant or better than what was used at MAP Everyone subs out glass work. They will go to body shops, parking lots and replace windshields. They won’t be stopping at the dealer to pick up some fantasy urethane. The recall seems to state “insufficient adhesion” not insufficient adhesive. “Urethane” this is not a bolt on/ bolt off part. This is a butcher off/ butcher on part. NHTSA knows more than me, but this seems like if it’s not broke then don’t fix it. Ford has to cover their ass though.
Mine was done at the dealer’s body shop by a guy they contract with. The replacement urethane and process is specified in the recall. Seems to me that they likely had a bad batch from their supplier at MAP.

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a nice crack in the windshield aim that I got on my way back from the Off-Rodeo. Too bad, I was hoping that
Ford Bronco New Windshield Adhesion Recall 22C12 announced for 2022 Broncos 6B681EE0-02AF-4652-A9E6-6A27AC409A47
the inbound recall would replace the entire windshield 🤣

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Windshield Adhesion Recall 22C12 announced for 2022 Broncos 6B681EE0-02AF-4652-A9E6-6A27AC409A47
How did yours come out quality-wise? Edge tinting still intact? Any interior or exterior finish damage? Just curious since it can be a bear getting through the bond line to separate the windshield (Without breaking it or damaging surrounding surfaces).
Sponsored