Sponsored

Newbie question - on why there are so many used Broncos on AutoTrader.

Pony4x4

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm contemplating a Bronco or a 4 Runner TRD. Given the fact that people order a Bronco and wait years to get there's - when you go on auto trader there are hundreds of used ones for sale.

What are some opinions on why there are so many used ones available - thanks!
Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanna be flippers waking to the reality that the market is shifting and they are not going to be able to gouge some poor sucker in the way they had hoped.

Last edited:

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A ton of “stealerships” got in stock and drove them for a few hundred miles. Then they put them back up for sale with a high markup since they didn’t have to sell them per the window sticker. They think if a customer doesn’t see the original price, they will think nothing of paying 10-15k over. Their shell game is strong.

It’s coming back to bite them now. Auto loans interest rates are up and Ford is actually shipping (slowly) new units. The used units with high ADMs will be sitting now and I’m not one bit sorry for those dealers.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others stated. And will add. Can’t afford the payment for the new cool vehicle they had to have. Or the Bronco is not as much a luxury ride they had hoped for. Louder than most vehicle regardless of which top it has. I don’t care. It’s a blast!

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another possibility is people had an excessively long wait for their one-of-a-kind ordered Bronco, so they bought the first Bronco available to tide them over. Ford has finally started pumping out the orders so you're seeing the trade-ins.

Just my opinion regarding a percentage of what you see.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably a mix of it all. Flippers trying to cash in after seeing what the values are/were, people buying the "newest fad" only to realize it's a one trick pony and not a cushy SUV with 28 cup holders and not much priority for passenger convenience, or doesn't tow as much as buyers had hoped.

Regardless of all that, the Bronco checks all the boxes for me, and it is a blast to drive. Easy clean interior, convertible when you want it. It's perfect.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All of the above.

Not to mention, I suspect the situation is much the same as Jeep Wranglers. Although the Bronco IFS calms things down a bit, I'd wager more than a few don't care for the rough ride and general on-road manners, and have to move to something more tame.

And I hope the ADM game bites these dealers playing that game in the ass. Hard.

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably a mix of it all. Flippers trying to cash in after seeing what the values are/were, people buying the "newest fad" only to realize it's a one trick pony and not a cushy SUV with 28 cup holders and not much priority for passenger convenience, or doesn't tow as much as buyers had hoped.

Regardless of all that, the Bronco checks all the boxes for me, and it is a blast to drive. Easy clean interior, convertible when you want it. It's perfect.
Ha! That's the reasons I did buy one! It's not a cushy SUV and I only need one cup holder and it's in between my legs. I ordered wash out floors and MGV for a reason!

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha! That's the reasons I did buy one! It's not a cushy SUV and I only need one cup holder and it's in between my legs. I ordered wash out floors and MGV for a reason!
Same here. I have little kids, so Badlands with MGV it is! Simple, capable daily driver. Love it.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't forget to add in, that:
-my gas has almost doubled in price since the 2 years ago I ordered it.
-my groceries are up 35% over the same period.
-my ins co-pay went from $50 to $200, and I have to pre-pay my deductible

and finally

-my ARM went from 2% to 7%

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't forget to add in, that:
-my gas has almost doubled in price since the 2 years ago I ordered it.
-my groceries are up 35% over the same period.
-my ins co-pay went from $50 to $200, and I have to pre-pay my deductible

and finally

-my ARM went from 2% to 7%
And there's no one to blame for it. I am sure that you got a big raise to offset all the increased costs.

I might add, I have two Broncos, and it's what I want, you won't see mine on the used market anytime soon.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll add one more to the list that closely relates to other comments. A lot of us made a reservation, placed an order and ultimately bought completely on faith that the Bronco would be what we wanted it to be. I never got to test drive a Bronco until the minute I pressed the Start button and drove off with mine. At the time, I figured that worst-case scenario, if we hated it, we could probably sell it and at least break even. Needless to say, I am not one of those Auto Trader advertisers. :)

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm contemplating a Bronco or a 4 Runner........
Fair warning if you go with the Bronco and you have other human beings in the house, you may be required to buy a second one. We have 5 drivers, and 4 angry souls each day.

You will also notice more frequent trips to target, the mall, and beach.

Try your local dealer. Mine has one that you can use overnight if you drop your car(regardless of brand) off for an oil change. That can get you some extended seat time.
Sponsored