Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi, new guy here. I live in Meridian, Idaho, just west of Boise and spend a lot of time in the mountains on my motorcycles, one dual sport and one adventure bike. I would like to go to the same places in a Bronco so that I can bring my wife along.

Just yesterday I convinced her to go with me, in her Ford Escape, to Succor Creek and Leslie Gulch in Oregon to see the amazing rock formations. She liked that, as long as I cleaned all of the dust out of her car afterwards. But I'm not sure she'll like twenty miles of rocky rutted roads up in the hills to get to another mountain peak. I expect to start with the easier stuff and get her into it little by little.

So right now I'm thinking, yes, I want to buy a new Bronco - base model with Sasquatch. But I'm not 100% yet. I would appreciate any help convincing me to go through with it.
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sound like you're already convinced that you want one. Now all you need to do is convince your wife it's not a completely stupid decision.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, if you wait until tomorrow to make a reservation, make it with Granger Ford ( @Granger Ford ) you'll get $2k off of invoice, bringing a 2 door base with sasquatch to around $34k. Not a shabby deal.
I... I just said that! ?

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you have to first ask yourself if you specifically want the Bronco or just any rugged 4x4. You could save a ton of money buying something used. But the Bronco is awesome and will definitely offer capability and functionality not available on the used market either, obviously at a new vehicle pricing...

I think buying new is almost always a bad idea, that said I can't buy this Bronco fast enough!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you heard the good news about Granger?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ber-bronco-reservations-at-granger-ford.5905/

That's $2000 off INVOICE not MSRP. Which means you can end up saving a lot of cheddar on the final price. Don't know how you feel about road trips or if you'd have a vehicle delivered, but it's hands down the best price out there for anyone that's thinking of reserving in October.
How did everyone become volunteer @Granger Ford salesman? :ROFLMAO: They really did figure this whole thing out.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome Scott!

It probably looks like we work for @Granger Ford but if you spend some time catching up on conversations in this forum, you'll see why we recommend them! :)

So, reading through your post... well, in my opinion you don't need any convincing.

tenor.gif

Sponsored

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, new guy here. I live in Meridian, Idaho, just west of Boise and spend a lot of time in the mountains on my motorcycles, one dual sport and one adventure bike. I would like to go to the same places in a Bronco so that I can bring my wife along.

Just yesterday I convinced her to go with me, in her Ford Escape, to Succor Creek and Leslie Gulch in Oregon to see the amazing rock formations. She liked that, as long as I cleaned all of the dust out of her car afterwards. But I'm not sure she'll like twenty miles of rocky rutted roads up in the hills to get to another mountain peak. I expect to start with the easier stuff and get her into it little by little.

So right now I'm thinking, yes, I want to buy a new Bronco - base model with Sasquatch. But I'm not 100% yet. I would appreciate any help convincing me to go through with it.
After reading your story, it sounds like your issue is more about trying to get your wife to do more off-roading, than it is about you purchasing a Bronco.

Don't give me wrong, I'm a believer in buying the right vehicle for the right use case. There is a part of me that is kinda disappointed when people don't use the full capability of a vehicle they paid for. It is kinda sad to see all of the work and engineering that goes into a product (like a Bronco or Jeep) only for it to be used to commute on the freeway every day. However, at the end of the day, personal choice and the freedom to buy whatever makes you happy is paramount.

If you love the Bronco and really want one, that's what I'd get. Worry about convincing the Mrs. about off roading later on.

Edit: One thing you can also do, rent a jeep for a weekend and do some off-roading with her! That can help make the decision for you. While the Bronco is going to be better than the jeep in-terms of ride quality (IFS vs. Solid Axle), Steering Feel, the experience of the vehicle will be similar.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't give me wrong, I'm a believer in buying the right vehicle for the right use case. There is a part of me that is kinda disappointed when people don't use the full capability of a vehicle they paid for. It is kinda sad to see all of the work and engineering that goes into a product (like a Bronco or Jeep) only for it to be used to commute on the freeway every day. However, at the end of the day, personal choice and the freedom to buy whatever makes you happy is paramount.
Uh seriously? With that logic, you'd see 200k+ Jeeps up in the mountains every weekend (and that's just pulling the number from sales last year, not including all the other Jeeps out there).

Last I checked, the Bronco has 4 tires, it gets registered as a street vehicle, so even the mall crawlers are using it for what it is.

But back to the OP (@Scott R Nelson ). If you got the extra cash, bump up to the Black Diamond for the washout interior since you already had to wash the dust out of the Escape. If not, Base + Squatch is a great way to go too. Like others have said, you seem to have convinced yourself already you "WANT" one, it's your money, go for it and enjoy every minute of it!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When it comes to making a purchase like this you shouldn't need convincing from a bunch of strangers. Do what's best for you.
Sponsored