First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
So right now I'm thinking, yes, I want to buy a new Bronco - base model with Sasquatch. But I'm not 100% yet. I would appreciate any help convincing me to go through with it.
The bronco should make most trails easy. Easy means stress-free and a happier trip for your wife.
Air your tires down when off-road for a softer ride.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did everyone become volunteer @Granger Ford salesman? :ROFLMAO: They really did figure this whole thing out.
It's almost as if there's a key ingredient to being a good dealership representative that gets other people saying positive things about you with their mouth...with words.

Involve her in the process of building a Bronco both of you will love and if you can reserve in October for the @Granger Ford deal to offset some DIO accessories. ;)

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, new guy here. I live in Meridian, Idaho, just west of Boise and spend a lot of time in the mountains on my motorcycles, one dual sport and one adventure bike. I would like to go to the same places in a Bronco so that I can bring my wife along.

Just yesterday I convinced her to go with me, in her Ford Escape, to Succor Creek and Leslie Gulch in Oregon to see the amazing rock formations. She liked that, as long as I cleaned all of the dust out of her car afterwards. But I'm not sure she'll like twenty miles of rocky rutted roads up in the hills to get to another mountain peak. I expect to start with the easier stuff and get her into it little by little.

So right now I'm thinking, yes, I want to buy a new Bronco - base model with Sasquatch. But I'm not 100% yet. I would appreciate any help convincing me to go through with it.
Hey I'm originally from Boise! I think the bronco would be great for trails like up in Idaho city area or even going out pass nampa/Parma to the desert area to play around. I've been riding dirt bikes for about a decade up there and there's a decent amount of trails all over you could take the bronco on without getting too crazy also

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow! Thanks for all of the replies. I didn't realize that this was such a lively forum. A few replies to some of the comments:

I'm not going to go to Texas to buy a Bronco to save a couple of thousand bucks. Does that even work when my reservation has been assigned to my local dealer? I try to support local businesses and Kendall Ford has taken good care of my other two Fords. Plus they're walking distance from me.

The biggest issue is spending over $30K for a vehicle that I don't actually "need". I could buy three more new motorcycles for that much. ;)

I really don't have any interest in a Jeep, or Land Rover, or Tacoma or any of the rest. For some reason the Bronco struck me as more desirable and I'm still trying to figure that out. I like the idea of having one of the first ones in the area. I've purchased a few other cars the first year that they were available.

Now I need to go dig through a bunch of existing threads to see what else I can learn.

Thanks again.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Thanks for all of the replies. I didn't realize that this was such a lively forum. A few replies to some of the comments:

I'm not going to go to Texas to buy a Bronco to save a couple of thousand bucks. Does that even work when my reservation has been assigned to my local dealer? I try to support local businesses and Kendall Ford has taken good care of my other two Fords. Plus they're walking distance from me.

The biggest issue is spending over $30K for a vehicle that I don't actually "need". I could buy three more new motorcycles for that much. ;)

I really don't have any interest in a Jeep, or Land Rover, or Tacoma or any of the rest. For some reason the Bronco struck me as more desirable and I'm still trying to figure that out. I like the idea of having one of the first ones in the area. I've purchased a few other cars the first year that they were available.

Now I need to go dig through a bunch of existing threads to see what else I can learn.

Thanks again.
Hey man, no worries, you do you. Supporting a local dealer that's been good to you is admirable and sounds like the right thing for you.

Have you looked at the Bronco Sport?

It's less expensive, is admirably capable and I mean, hell, it ran Hell's Revenge in Moab.

Check out the video.

Plus, it'll be on dealer floors really soon. As it's slated for a 2020 release. It may actually be right up your alley.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tip from a lady: You should recommend that she wear a sports bra. She'll be less salty about being bounced around if she's as comfortable as can be!!
I don't know about the rest of you, but this is the best, most useful information I've read on this forum! :LOL:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's the biggest mis-conception I see all over these boards. If everyone bought a vehicle that they actually NEEDED, we'd all be driving either a Prius or 2 wheel drive Ranger (or any other small pick-up).

The Bronce doesn't have to be a need, because for most it's simply a WANT. I may be a broken record, but I've owned 3 FSB's, and I WANT a new Bronco. There is no other vehicle out there I want.

So I'd say to anyone who is on the fence with the new Bronco, you simply have to decide if you want one. And if you do want one, can it do most if not all of what you need? And if not, what's your other options?

Hell I've made do with a Mustang, a Jeep (the wife's) and a 12' trailer since I sold my last Bronco 5+ years ago. You'd be surprised how much lumber that Mustang carried back from Lowe's, probably more than the Jeep & the trailer (that it struggles to tow ?). I make do with what I have, and I'm happy with it! And that's all you need, is to be happy with your choice.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading your story, it sounds like your issue is more about trying to get your wife to do more off-roading, than it is about you purchasing a Bronco.

Don't give me wrong, I'm a believer in buying the right vehicle for the right use case. There is a part of me that is kinda disappointed when people don't use the full capability of a vehicle they paid for. It is kinda sad to see all of the work and engineering that goes into a product (like a Bronco or Jeep) only for it to be used to commute on the freeway every day. However, at the end of the day, personal choice and the freedom to buy whatever makes you happy is paramount.

If you love the Bronco and really want one, that's what I'd get. Worry about convincing the Mrs. about off roading later on.

Edit: One thing you can also do, rent a jeep for a weekend and do some off-roading with her! That can help make the decision for you. While the Bronco is going to be better than the jeep in-terms of ride quality (IFS vs. Solid Axle), Steering Feel, the experience of the vehicle will be similar.
That’s ridiculous. But, our Bronco will mostly be a DD and will help us go down trails to go camping or something. We won’t be crawling over any rocks.

I also have a Challenger do I need to hit it’s 180+ mph top speed to use it to it’s capability?

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also have a Challenger do I need to hit it’s 180+ mph top speed to use it to it’s capability?
I'd almost say that you do.... But we all know a Challenger is too heavy to hit 180 mph... Mustangs are where it's at!! ?

Just messing with ya, as I already posted, just because something is capable, doesn't mean it HAS to be used that way. It's a vehicle. It goes from one place to the next.. But if you guys are doing the speed limit or slower in front of me... I will ride yer ass!!! :mad:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd almost say that you do.... But we all know a Challenger is too heavy to hit 180 mph... Mustangs are where it's at!! ?

Just messing with ya, as I already posted, just because something is capable, doesn't mean it HAS to be used that way. It's a vehicle. It goes from one place to the next.. But if you guys are doing the speed limit or slower in front of me... I will ride yer ass!!! :mad:
Lol no my Challenger will definitely hit 175+ MPH, think it’ll get to the 180’s before it’s limited to 186MPH. It might be 4000 pounds but it has 500 horsepower so it has the balls to move. Mustangs are nice, wife hated the new ones and I wasn’t a fan of the cluttered interior, too many buttons on the dash. I still love the new design and some of the colors, if I was more well off I’d own one with my scat pack.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol no my Challenger will definitely hit 175+ MPH, think it’ll get to the 180’s before it’s limited to 186MPH. It might be 4000 pounds but it has 500 horsepower so it has the balls to move. Mustangs are nice, wife hated the new ones and I wasn’t a fan of the cluttered interior, too many buttons on the dash. I still love the new design and some of the colors, if I was more well off I’d own one with my scat pack.
Yeah I think I've always loved the 2010-2014 Mustangs myself. Not so much into the newest design, and the gen before just didn't look tough enough for me.

That's sort of how I'm thinking the 6th gen Bronco will be... Something about the grille from the front, the sides of it look off. I'm thinking maybe they'll tweak that for 7th gen. But I'm still buying my 6th gen while I wait ?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I think I've always loved the 2010-2014 Mustangs myself. Not so much into the newest design, and the gen before just didn't look tough enough for me.

That's sort of how I'm thinking the 6th gen Bronco will be... Something about the grille from the front, the sides of it look off. I'm thinking maybe they'll tweak that for 7th gen. But I'm still buying my 6th gen while I wait ?
I liked the refresh through 2017ish. Love the 2015 GT350R and the new 500. I don’t think they’ve ever ruined the design but I can see why people don’t like the new ones as much.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is good with the Bronco, but she won't likely be that into hard core off-road trips. She has been involved with several of my off road "adventures" in the past and isn't a fan of getting stuck and or walking out of the wilderness :). My plan for our shared use is top down trailering of the Sea Doos to new spots in the summer, a day or two a year at Silver Lake sand dunes and some overlanding on trails like Drummond Island MI. All spots I want to explore, but will enjoy it more and more often with my wife and the Bronco. I ride a dual sport currently and would really like to buy a Yamaha Tenere or Suzuki V-Strom, but I just prefer to find something that involves my wife and we both enjoy. Will I go on a group ride or two without her? Probably, but it will be the exception vs. the rule. We have a few decent spots close to our cottage I can explore on my own when I feel the need to get stuck and walk a few miles to get to a phone. To each there own, but I think finding things to do with family, for those of us that have them, is an awesome aspect of Bronco ownership! That will mean lot's of different things to lots of different people.
Sponsored