Sponsored

[NEWBIE] What is a non-SAS really able to do?

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought, but have neither installed nor used yet, the Thor Lightening, out of Colorado. It's a 300 lpm dual compressor that looks like a souped-up 300 lpm MaxiTrac, which looks (to me) like the unit for which many others are rebranded. I took advantage of a Black Friday 20% deal, and got their 2-cylindar compressor, 8-foot extension hose, 4-way tire hook up, and all pneumatic and electrical * fittings, plus bags and covers for $565. "Thor" is a small outfit, and I appreciated that the owner answered my email inquiries promptly and personally. I also like their "Refuge" mount (included in their bundle), which goes over the right rear wheel well and hugs the right rear side window-- underutilized cargo space.

Owner Elias Brown told me that have two sales a year, so you just missed one. Write and find out about the other, and maybe you can swing a deal. A very complete package, worth checking out.

https://thorslightningairsystems.co...aRwuKqNIqi-1a6BMUK_11DCXaTm2ujT4aAn7YEALw_wcB

The compressor is inside the powder-coated steel molle mounting cage, and not very visible.

Ford Bronco [NEWBIE] What is a non-SAS really able to do? 1670790420624

*As received, it came with alligator clips, but wiring for a permanent install was also included.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch is nice looking on any Bronco. I did not option the Sasquatch on my BL. I liked the look of the 33’s on the BL. I don’t off road anyway, and I just wanted a Bronco. The extra cash for the Sasquatch wasn’t worth it for my usage. When they introduced this version there was no way I wasn’t getting one. Truth is, if the BD cold be had with the high package, I would of most likely went with that model.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fellow member @Dusty has a tube channel, "Horsin Around" and a series of videos where he starts with a Base on 30's just to see what it was capable of and goes from there.

Hint... first issue was ground clearance, which means bigger tires.
Yep, just get those undercarriage bits a little higher off the rocks and you'll be surprised how far you can go.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the 7MT Badlands because it is kinda the "best" Bronco, at least with what's available through the factory, but I'm not saying that to start a fight lol.

I know it gives up some things, but for the price and capability I couldn't get myself to buy another version. I wanted at least a locking rear and was initially looking at a Black Diamond, but if you factor in the price of a front locker and install later on you're at the base price of the Badlands, to say nothing about the front sway disconnect, MGV, or 33" BFG K02s. The Lux and hardtop are great, and I'm happy I got the optional beadlocks, though I wish the actual beadlock rings weren't $200 a piece from Ford :cautious:

The OBX doesn't have the spec I wanted and the SAS is just too much for me, this is a roadtrip and adventure vehicle that can really take us places. I mean, I'm not a seasoned off-roader, but I had to start somewhere and by all indications this thing is capable.
Sponsored