Sponsored

Newbies afraid to test drive a wrangler?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
My good friend is DEAD SET on getting a $50k bronco. He has never been off road and never road in a newhighway speeds.
This guy loves luxury, luxury furniture, lux speakers, lux food...etc

I have a real feeling that he is going to be shocked at the rough ride (even without a SFA it’s no sedan) and the road noise will eat at him.
I have begged him to test drive a new wrangler with a hard tip simply for noise comparison but he just won’t do it.

he finally admitted to me that he has been too psyched for the bronco for too long and does not want to risk having his mind changed now.

I wonder how many other folks feel this way?

bronco is surely superior, but the downsides of an off-roader will be just as present and I feel lots of folks are going to be shocked
Nobody is going to be shocked at the "rough ride" unless you're comparing it to a eighties town car.
This is why in a few years they will litter used lots.
That is silly. Sure there will be broncos on dealer lots there are always people and leaseholders that get a new one. Doesn't imply people don't like them or didn't know what they were getting into.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think we are going to see a lot of disappointed folks when their Bronco arrives. If the only vehicle someone has owned is a Camry/Accord/Impala etc., they are in for quite a wake up call. Hopefully they can adapt.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we are going to see a lot of disappointed folks when their Bronco arrives. If the only vehicle someone has owned is a Camry/Accord/Impala etc., they are in for quite a wake up call. Hopefully they can adapt.
My test drive in a four door 2.3 MT BB was super comfortable. Definitely truck-like compared to my little Beamer but come on, they’re different beasts. Pretty sure the ride won’t shock many, and if it does then it’s not the vehicle for them.

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My good friend is DEAD SET on getting a $50k bronco. He has never been off road and never road in a newhighway speeds.
This guy loves luxury, luxury furniture, lux speakers, lux food...etc

I have a real feeling that he is going to be shocked at the rough ride (even without a SFA it’s no sedan) and the road noise will eat at him.
I have begged him to test drive a new wrangler with a hard tip simply for noise comparison but he just won’t do it.

he finally admitted to me that he has been too psyched for the bronco for too long and does not want to risk having his mind changed now.

I wonder how many other folks feel this way?

bronco is surely superior, but the downsides of an off-roader will be just as present and I feel lots of folks are going to be shocked
we have a ‘18 Wrangler JL. Super cool mojito color. It’s my wife’s ride, never had so many compliments on a car we’ve owned. It’s the 4 door hardtop Sahara. Fairly decent on the road. Nothing like my X5 but that’s not a fair comparison. For what it is, the Jeep is reasonably good ride. A lot louder than my car, but not terrible. We took it to Myrtle Beach last year, 9 hour drive and it was okay for a long trip. My complaint is that the power train, especially the transmission is very meh. Not a real fun ride, and there is a god awful stutter in the 25-35 mph range where it feels like it doesn’t know what gear it wants. Of course the dealer says ah, that’s totally normal. My wife loves the Jeep so that’s all that matters.
My Bronco is a two door OB that may, possibly show up sometime in 2022. Maybe. That’s ok, it’s just a totally unnecessary fun car for us. But yeah I don’t expect it to be much quieter on road than her Jeep. I do expect the engine and transmission to be much better.
Sponsored