Sponsored

Newbies afraid to test drive a wrangler?

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t ridden in a jeep in sometime. Will the ride Be Better than my 03 Tacoma with 250k on it that shakes every time you hit the break or feels like the steering might give out at any moment?
Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It'll have much better road manners than a wrangler and I bet it'll be softer than a decent amount of "sporty" sedans with low profile tires and 20" wheels. The first few potholes I hit I pulled over because it sounded and felt like I had been hit with canonfire

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
the amount of wrangles I see on the highway daily, road noise can't be that bad can it? The way some of you guys make it seem like you won't be able to talk to anyone in the vehicle at highway speeds lol.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My good friend is DEAD SET on getting a $50k bronco. He has never been off road and never road in a newhighway speeds.
This guy loves luxury, luxury furniture, lux speakers, lux food...etc

I have a real feeling that he is going to be shocked at the rough ride (even without a SFA it’s no sedan) and the road noise will eat at him.
I have begged him to test drive a new wrangler with a hard tip simply for noise comparison but he just won’t do it.

he finally admitted to me that he has been too psyched for the bronco for too long and does not want to risk having his mind changed now.

I wonder how many other folks feel this way?

bronco is surely superior, but the downsides of an off-roader will be just as present and I feel lots of folks are going to be shocked
You're going about this ALL wrong.

Work with your friend to ensure he gets everything on his Bronco that both he and you want. He wants Lux, you want Mid well then Lux it is! He doesn't want squatch, you want squatch? Explain how much softer the ride will be with squatch!

That way when he hates his car and has to take a bath on it, there you are to step in and save the day!

Be the hero he needs you to be

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Having driven both several thousand miles, including the horrendous Gladiator, I have to say that it my opinion driving a Jeep is in now way a comparison the characteristics of how the Bronco should feel . . . the Ranger should be a better comparison but the Bronco suspension will be an even softer ride - the jeeps ride like crap and after driving a Gladiator for a couple months (and a rubicon unlimited, 2006 that my X-wife had to have and quickly grew to hate) I honestly would net even consider the Bronco if it resembles either of those vehicles.

I am guilt of wanting it because it looks great and my Wildtrak will likely rarely see much more than a dirt road . . . but I will enjoy it just the same, and I want something with a decent ride. Am trading a 17 Raptor that rides amazing and not expecting the same luxury but somewhere halfway between that and the jeep . . . and if it proves to be something less than I am hoping for I will spend the next 36 months (or less) paying it off and move back into a Raptor (hopefully for less than six figures!)

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the amount of soccer moms and non-offroaders that drive Wranglers? I doubt it, especially if the Bronco is better than Wrangler on-road. Not saying you won't see any, but littered?
Even his good friend thinks he will tire of it, 1 year tops ?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have the friend just go sit in any 5-year old used Wrangler and actually touch things inside the cabin.

Then go sit in a Ranger and touch things.

At that point your friend will have enough sense not to bother driving the Wrangler.

Thankfully I have neighbors with a 7 year old Wrangler so I get to see them replacing rusted out panels, or tapping threads every weekend as they slowly continue the ritual of replacing all hardware on the vehicle every 3 years at great expense. They, in-turn, get to watch me work on the Thunderbird and drive around with a massive smile on my face. Apparently they have an account with Tacoma Screw (a local hardware store with incredible inventory).

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have him go drive a hummer H3! Plenty to be found. Then force him to drive a JK then a JL.

I bought my wrangler spring of 18 loved it at first but July of 19 hated it and sold it Sept of 19!! If he does drive one find a big ol jacked up JK rides like a log wagon!! ?. I've to this day never road in a JL! So no experience their!

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If anyone wants to know what a rough ride is, I can drive you around for a few minutes in my daily driver. See my picture. Drove 4 hours yesterday and I can hardly move today. No load and that thing will beat you to pieces. Camper hooked up it is not "horrible".
Wish I still had my '78 CJ5. 4 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body, 35 swampers. leaf sprung. Rode like a square wheeled wagon but I loved it.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the amount of wrangles I see on the highway daily, road noise can't be that bad can it? The way some of you guys make it seem like you won't be able to talk to anyone in the vehicle at highway speeds lol.
Well it’s not that you won’t be able to talk, it’s just that you have to talk LOUD

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it is going to ride hard on the road. Why is that a concern?

Unless someone is coming from a car or a little suv with little tires, they won't notice huge road noise. I only notice road noise on my truck now that they repaved some rural highway I drive daily and it is louder than the older roads. I still use bluetooth and I don't think it's loud at all. My hubby used to have mud tires. Those are kind of loud on the road.

If you want to drive a tough vehicle with a long clutch and some very stiff suspension along with so much noise you can't hear the radio, then drive my EB. :LOL:

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I took the "test drive a Jeep" challenge this weekend mainly to make sure my wife and kid wouldn't mind the noise. No Problem. It turns out our 2003 Forrester is much noisier and it's not much different than our 2011 Tacoma. We test drove a Willys and the hard top had sound deadening installed (looked more like the Hothead panel type than the Bronco felt) and I could barely hear any roof noise. To me the most distracting noise was the hum of the standard Willys M/Ts. I'm sure you get used to it but I'm happy I'll have A/Ts on my Bronco.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My good friend is DEAD SET on getting a $50k bronco. He has never been off road and never road in a newhighway speeds.
This guy loves luxury, luxury furniture, lux speakers, lux food...etc

I have a real feeling that he is going to be shocked at the rough ride (even without a SFA it’s no sedan) and the road noise will eat at him.
I have begged him to test drive a new wrangler with a hard tip simply for noise comparison but he just won’t do it.

he finally admitted to me that he has been too psyched for the bronco for too long and does not want to risk having his mind changed now.

I wonder how many other folks feel this way?

bronco is surely superior, but the downsides of an off-roader will be just as present and I feel lots of folks are going to be shocked
Yah I think unfortunately this goes for a lot of people, it is a truck designed with removable tops and doors hence very little noise dampening also it has big knobby offroad tires hence the beautiful rumble on the road. I had 2 classic jeeps and I loved em hence me buying the bronco but for a lot of people wooo its gonna be a shock. My girlfriend for instance said why would you take the doors and top off arent you paying for them. I died inside then I said no I am paying for the ability to take them off

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drive 2000 ranger, don't think.its thinking comparison

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope the Bronco is smoother than my Xterra. That thing can pop your spine out of alignment when it hits even a minor pothole.
Sponsored