First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They had a couple at the OKC auto show today. After looking at them I decided I could not live with the current grayish color. It just looks faded. The rep there told me that the early models would have this, but it was getting dropped for a black MIC later in the year. I changed to a painted top. Honestly, if it was black I would prefer the MIC with every color except black.

875BF4DE-66DD-455C-9C13-3A3C8CAAB122.jpeg

2EEA9E71-4D27-4D31-9DA5-CD7C8A9EF96D.jpeg

E4DC97BC-480C-46C4-98FB-74CDDF0F9CC6.jpeg

88E6837A-9185-4171-BA1D-775D387982B4.jpeg
I have to believe that the rep at the show was mistaken - the early pre-production MIC tops we saw (and this overlander demo has had on it for months) were the "lighter gray" with the rougher finish. The units that have been shown lately and that are reporting to be actual "production-quality" units are much darker (still not black) with a smoother finish. (see other links and videos here explaining that). I think all customer delivered MIC tops will be this new color and that the only units with those early gray are for demo, not for sale.
Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to believe that the rep at the show was mistaken - the early pre-production MIC tops we saw (and this overlander demo has had on it for months) were the "lighter gray" with the rougher finish. The units that have been shown lately and that are reporting to be actual "production-quality" units are much darker (still not black) with a smoother finish. (see other links and videos here explaining that). I think all customer delivered MIC tops will be this new color and that the only units with those early gray are for demo, not for sale.
I sure hope for everyone’s sake that is the case. Sending them out like that would just be a horrible move on Ford’s part.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope for everyone’s sake that is the case. Sending them out like that would just be a horrible move on Ford’s part.
The overland concept BL, which is featured here, has the early “lighter” MIC top.

This was one of the very first vehicles we ever saw.

Later tops are darker.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what drives me crazy. In B&P I switch between selecting "Top- Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)" and "Dual Tops - Molded-in-Color (MIC) Hard Top + Black Soft Top."
The MIC top colors in the Bronco image don't match when you pick between these two options. Both photos are from the same session.
B&P MIC only - Shows Darker Gray.png
B&P Daul Top MIC - Shows Light Gray.png
I noticed even when I switch colors the top changes. I'm trying to decide if I want to change to Cactus and the top color is screwed up.

Ford Bronco Newer MIC top has slightly darker look cactus mic

Ford Bronco Newer MIC top has slightly darker look carbonized mic

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed even when I switch colors the top changes. I'm trying to decide if I want to change to Cactus and the top color is screwed up.

If they truly are going with the darker top like people are saying, then I am guessing they need better developers. Even the cactus grey color has been changed in B&P. Which neither the old or new reflect accurately to me. The Ford Ranger has the same color and the color on the Ranger B&P is more accurate.

I wish Ford would just come out and clearly state changes.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they truly are going with the darker top like people are saying, then I am guessing they need better developers. Even the cactus grey color has been changed in B&P. Which neither the old or new reflect accurately to me. The Ford Ranger has the same color and the color on the Ranger B&P is more accurate.

I wish Ford would just come out and clearly state changes.
Ford should send us all a credit card sized piece of MIC!

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That
Ha. That would be nice. I just went with the MIC top, because I don’t want to keep waiting. I will use the rewards to put towards the painted hardtop if I can’t stand it.
Sponsored