Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is still NOT black. Crazy to think that we'd all want grey.
Maybe not black...but pretty much looks matte black. The guy on the BN walk around video of the Rapid Red 1st edition says it "pretty much matches" the matte "Black" fender flares.
Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe sleuth around at Webasto?
All I can come up with via their website is "Plastic Polycarbonate" which is pretty darn generic.

BTW, I dropped Chem in college.

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sometimes I get the feeling a bunch of Land Rover buyers are commenting in general. Of more accuratly people that have never owned a jeep. Jeep wranglers scored lowest year after year in consumer reports yet has the highest customer loyalty. It's a jeep think. Well if you want it ever to be a bronco thing then you have go give a little. Or a lot. Btw first bronco that gives my bronco the feel.wave gets a free head on collision. 😁

If the unit on the left is the top on the Overland showcase model (which it appears to be based on the rooftop tent showing), then having seen it in person at the Filson event in Seattle, that thing was literally bolted and glued together which is probably why the seams seem so much tighter than the Rapid Red unit. It was also a suuuuuuuper pre-production unit with terrible coloring and jagged sharp edges.

20201023_115354.jpg
20201023_115734.jpg

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sometimes I get the feeling a bunch of Land Rover buyers are commenting in general. Of more accuratly people that have never owned a jeep. Jeep wranglers scored lowest year after year in consumer reports yet has the highest customer loyalty. It's a jeep think. Well if you want it ever to be a bronco thing then you have go give a little. Or a lot. Btw first bronco that gives my bronco the feel.wave gets a free head on collision. 😁
I am genuinely unsure if you were trying to insinuate something towards me with the Land Rover comment (if so, you miiiiiiiight want to look at my list of cars in profile) to the left below the avatar unless mobile, then you have to touch a few screens, or if you had any idea what this thread topic was about.

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

does anyone think this top can be wrapped? I want a mod top, but am choking on the cost. but also dont' know what it costs to have something wrapped. wonder about it adhering to a texture

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still not liking the mic top going with the painted black mod.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s the first picture I’ve seen from this angle, showing the contrast of the black grill and MIC. I order a MOD (FE, rapid red too), but I don’t hate this look. After seeing this, I might actually prefer the MIC. It looks more rugged, and I like the idea of a MIC to reduce scratches.

1612310739781.jpeg
If my Rapid Red BL looks this good, I'll be a happy camper.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks slightly better, but is it really rocket science to just make these things black?

Ford Executive: "OK. We've got the two-tone seat colors that don't match anything else in the truck. Check. Colored stiching on the seats that clashes with everything. Check. Exterior paint visible on the inside just to remind you that nothing else matches. Check. Is there anything else we can do to make sure nothing else matches? The top maybe?"

Bronco Design Team: "Hold my beer."

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the unit on the left is the top on the Overland showcase model (which it appears to be based on the rooftop tent showing), then having seen it in person at the Filson event in Seattle, that thing was literally bolted and glued together which is probably why the seams seem so much tighter than the Rapid Red unit. It was also a suuuuuuuper pre-production unit with terrible coloring and jagged sharp edges.

20201023_115354.jpg
20201023_115734.jpg
I still don't get the Cyber Orange trim with the Blue???? I couldn't order a new Bronco with this color match... maybe just getting to old... I wanted a WHITE WT BUT CANNOT DEAL WITH THE A51 TRIM COLORS AND SANDSTONE SEATS AND TAN DASH....

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I still don't get the Cyber Orange trim with the Blue???? I couldn't order a new Bronco with this color match... maybe just getting to old... I wanted a WHITE WT BUT CANNOT DEAL WITH THE A51 TRIM COLORS AND SANDSTONE SEATS AND TAN DASH....
Then change the stitching color. It's only an hour of your time.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

heck, I may add additional orange stuff to tie the interior to the exterior.
VB and Orange looks good together and the MIC top looks fantastic on VB.
So I have no complaints on having to not spend any extra money

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let me put this as clear as I can……We want a BLACK top, not gray, or dark gray, BLACK..
I hate to re-quote myself, but the majority seems to want a BLACK top, not GRAY. Even the soft top is BLACK.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to re-quote myself, but the majority seems to want a BLACK top, not GRAY. Even the soft top is BLACK.
True, matte black. That said, I don’t care what they call it as long as it matches the other “matte black” parts...fender flares, door handles etc.. The new one seems to do that fine with the changed texture.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want a Bronco, who cares about the top.

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, after some of you may have seen these up close this week...is the hard top now the same color as the bumpers, fenders and handles? Or are we still looking at a FrankenBronco when it comes to the shades of black and gray?
Sponsored