Sponsored

jaekim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ya looking at the first edition in red with the new MIC top versus the overland prototype that has the old MIC. The red cars MIC is much closer to the fender flare (read darker) than the overland build.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the unit on the left is the top on the Overland showcase model (which it appears to be based on the rooftop tent showing), then having seen it in person at the Filson event in Seattle, that thing was literally bolted and glued together which is probably why the seams seem so much tighter than the Rapid Red unit. It was also a suuuuuuuper pre-production unit with terrible coloring and jagged sharp edges.

20201023_115354.jpg
20201023_115734.jpg
But is was soooo cool to see in person even with the warts. If the top and fenders match I'm good reguardless.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How is that related to the material color of the top?
I was saying that its not only the color that others want the Modular Top, its the ability to pop out the windows too. Now if you dont care about the windows, then we are back to the MIC top.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The newer mic top looks great with the big flares. I say get whatever top matches your grill. The glossy wild track grill would look great with the painted modular but a badlands looks great with MIC.
Agree. But what color are the mirrors and fender flares on the Wildtrak? Black or MIC?

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seam looks different too?
Agreed. Seams look a little wider. Maybe I’m wrong, but looks like the color is all about texture here. The older version appeared to have a coarser texture than the newer version. I dig it!

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. But what color are the mirrors and fender flares on the Wildtrak? Black or MIC?
Black painted on the mirrors for the Wildtrak. The fender flares are the MIC for the Sasquatch package.

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a former Soldier, you shouldn't, cause this is what you'd get:
1612308151023.png
Haha... true true. A good friend of mine made a wallet out of gorilla tape. Why not create and market a gorilla tape top for the bronco... 🤷🏽‍♂️. Can’t be any worse than some of the wheel flares we saw in the after market accessory lineup from the other day. 🥴

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me put this as clear as I can……We want a BLACK top, not gray, or dark gray, BLACK..
At least there is the shadow black option for you. I for one want my MIC to match the fender flares and grill, which are definitely more dark gray.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the unit on the left is the top on the Overland showcase model (which it appears to be based on the rooftop tent showing), then having seen it in person at the Filson event in Seattle, that thing was literally bolted and glued together which is probably why the seams seem so much tighter than the Rapid Red unit. It was also a suuuuuuuper pre-production unit with terrible coloring and jagged sharp edges.

20201023_115354.jpg
20201023_115734.jpg
Rick, saw a A51 (first time) today on a sport.
waaaaaaaay darker than these pics...
wonder if it shifted since the “overlander”..?

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At least there is the shadow black option for you. I for one want my MIC to match the fender flares and grill, which are definitely more dark gray.
Hope that is how the MIC top comes out. I want it to match too, but Im getting OBX, so my fenders will be body color. I just see all these pictures, and they all say the same thing…."you need to see me in person"

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Rick Astley what protectant and or repair magic would you recommend for the scuffs on the back corner of the hardtop?
It seems odd that it get’s lighter when it’s supposed to be MIC.
That is most likely material transfer from something rubbing against it such as wood or perhaps a well-worn leather glove used as a pint glass.

What I intend to use for UV and plastic protection for the top is "Over The Top" (OMFG, I loved that movie as a kid!) by Solution Finish. Their "black trim restorer" product has been my go-to for restoring black plastics for over a decade. They have excellent customer service and i've found their products puch well above the pay grade.

In fact, I made a thread about the product in the upkeep section a while back when Solution Finish announced their new product launch.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/plastic-trim-protection-and-restoration.11343/
Sponsored