First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, I've had my Bronco about a week but was out for work for 4 of those days.

I drove the Bronco yesterday and Car Play wouldn't automatically connect. I tried to pair the phone again and it would play music but didn't show the apps page or "Apple Music". Just played the songs. I could also make calls, but again no apps.

Since then I've played with it some and can gets apps to come up but it never auto connects to Apple Car Play. I have to go to the page on the screen that allows me to pair the phone and then select Connect to Apple Car Play. Then it all switches over to the apps.

What am I missing? When I first got it it paired right up to Car Play. The only thing I changed was using Airplane mode while I was traveling for work.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Worked for me! Thanks! My phone apps ceased displaying suspiciously close to when my husband connected his phone to the Bronco. As OP said, music and Googl Maps voice played, but apps no longer displayed.
When you say your phone apps no longer displayed, can you clarify. The reason I ask is that on my phone, only certain apps are supported with Sync and CarPlay. I normally see, on the left side, 3 of my most recently used apps, below that there are 8 small boxes, if you click on there, you will see the apps that are supported, ie., Messages, Phone, Pandora, etc. Hope this helps

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you say your phone apps no longer displayed, can you clarify. The reason I ask is that on my phone, only certain apps are supported with Sync and CarPlay. I normally see, on the left side, 3 of my most recently used apps, below that there are 8 small boxes, if you click on there, you will see the apps that are supported, ie., Messages, Phone, Pandora, etc. Hope this helps
I think I am seeing what you describe. After I reset the system using that link above, I was able to again see apps on the left--as I recall it was Google Maps, Music, ? Messages, and ? phone--too cozy here w/ my tea to go out and check. Yes, there is a small grid of 8 tiny squares at the bottom that takes me to a sort of halfway house screen where, if I press Ford Play (?), I get back to the main home screen with Audio, Phone, Settings, etc at the bottom.

What was confusing for a while is that the music icon is the music from my phone, not from the devices available under Sources on the Audio screen.

What was annoying for a while was that the audio system continued to play my phone playlist even after the phone music app was closed. Couldn't get rid of phone music til I re-synced. I can listen to Country Girl Shake It For Me just so many times.
Sponsored