Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I got a call today from an @Ford Motor Company representative yesterday afternoon. Totally pointless. They had no idea about what I was talking about, at one point references the replacement of hoods instead of roofs, and ultimately told me that I should contact my dealer because they would have more information on production and shipping. šŸ˜”

This is exactly what the entire problem is: no one seems to know what is going on and cannot give anyone a straight answer other than to say ā€œyou should contact your dealer.ā€ MY DEALER KNOWS NOTHING MORE THAN I DO! And again, I donā€™t fault the dealer for that because it doesnā€™t seem like Ford is updating them either.

And as a point of clarification, I am not pissed that I havenā€™t received MY Bronco because there are a lot of other customers who have been waiting with no answers longer than me. Iā€™m pissed about the lack of communication from Ford on what exactly is taking place (how many tops are being produced, swapped out, and what the expected timeframe is to clear dirt mountain) and why they are going back to building new hard top vehicles instead of clearing the backlog like they said they would?

For those of you saying that the production line has no impact on the replacement, I ask how you are able to say that so definitively? If only 50 tops can be swapped per day because only 50 are being allocated to replacements while the other 50 are being used for the new vehicles, that is negatively impacting the replacements. Can @PREMiERdrum offer any insight as to what is actually occurring?

Cokeman1959

Black Diamond
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is one that arrived on Monday night at our local Ford dealer. Talked to them about it tuesday and it is thier mannequin.

20210921_070149.jpg

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is one that arrived on Monday night at our local Ford dealer. Talked to them about it tuesday and it is thier mannequin.

20210921_070149.jpg
Yet, my dirt mountain 2 door can't get a new top. LOL. Well at least that's one less in front of me.

One day the dream will be realized... One day.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 20210921_070149

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 20210921_070149
All FE's must be built in the '22MY, that's why. At least that's the message I received from a couple emails.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See the exact text above from Ford. It says ā€œWe need to replace all MIC tops before we can make any new Bronco hard topsā€¦ā€. There is zero statement, asterisk or call out that FEs will be built during the change over. Not sure where youā€˜re getting ā€˜we knew thisā€™.
All FEs must be built in MY21... that was in an email i saw.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All FEs must be built in MY21... that was in an email i saw.
Yes, but below is the offacial drafted, reviewed by marketing and legal communication. They specifically chose to use the words ā€˜ALLā€™ and ā€˜ANYā€™ (we need to replace allā€¦. before we can make anyā€¦). And did not caveat for FEs. They simply could have added ā€œbut we will continue to build FEs during this timeā€ but they specifically chose not to.

Therefore, what is being called out here is another instance of For saying one thing and doing another.

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 3110D394-E0AE-4300-B449-79736B624E1E

Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was built Soft top on 9/13 and has not been released for shipping yet... so who freaking knows what's going on over there. Had another one built soft top on the 7th shipped in the 8th...
Different weeks, perhaps different production models on the line, different shipping route, method???

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, but below is the offacial drafted, reviewed by marketing and legal communication. They specifically chose to use the words ā€˜ALLā€™ and ā€˜ANYā€™ (we need to replace allā€¦. before we can make anyā€¦). And did not caveat for FEs. They simply could have added ā€œbut we will continue to build FEs during this timeā€ but they specifically chose not to.

Therefore, what is being called out here is another instance of For saying one thing and doing another.

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 3110D394-E0AE-4300-B449-79736B624E1E
No, they said they 'need' to replace the tops. That doesn't necessarily mean they are absolutely, positively, going to do that.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, they said they 'need' to replace the tops. That doesn't necessarily mean they are absolutely, positively, going to do that.
Love wordsmithing.
Youā€™re right.
They need to, they want to.
But things changed and they have more tops than DM conversion capacityā€¦. Soooo things changed and they are working off two separate build lines.
Sponsored