First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most everybody has been in line since July 13 2020. Regardless of which line you’re stuck in, we‘re all in line. I have a first day reservation for a MIC BL. it hasn’t even been scheduled and wont be until 2022. Dirt mountain guys could consider themselves lucky depending on their point of view.
I know this might be a stupid question, but how does one know where their vehicle is located?
Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm hoping the delay/bottleneck is that there are thousands of them needing to be shipped. Multiple insiders from MAP have been saying that they're pumping out several hundred a day, 7 days a week. So (if that's true), when we could expect there to be as many as 5-6k that have had their roofs replaced this month and awaiting final QC/shipment, in addition to whatever they produced in August/September that needs to be shipped. I'm not sure how their logistics works, but I have to imagine that's part of it.

All I know is that there would be a lot less anxiety and a lot fewer people hassling Mike Levine on twitter if Ford just communicated something to that effect to order holders.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but below is the offacial drafted, reviewed by marketing and legal communication. They specifically chose to use the words ‘ALL’ and ‘ANY’ (we need to replace all…. before we can make any…). And did not caveat for FEs. They simply could have added “but we will continue to build FEs during this time” but they specifically chose not to.

Therefore, what is being called out here is another instance of For saying one thing and doing another.

3110D394-E0AE-4300-B449-79736B624E1E.jpeg
per @soupcook they did say that.
"Please read the next paragraph where it says ..."Already scheduled 2-door, First Edition, and Wildtrak Bronco vehicles are expected to continue being produced throughout 2021 MY.""

"Further down..."The only exception is the limited-run First Edition series which is exclusive to the 2012MY. All First Edition series orders with an eligible reservation will be built in the 2021MY.""

So there's some discrepancy in the letter depending on how you read it and which side of DM you're on... Maybe by "new hardtop Broncos" they mean those not already scheduled...

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

per @soupcook they did say that.
"Please read the next paragraph where it says ..."Already scheduled 2-door, First Edition, and Wildtrak Bronco vehicles are expected to continue being produced throughout 2021 MY.""

"Further down..."The only exception is the limited-run First Edition series which is exclusive to the 2012MY. All First Edition series orders with an eligible reservation will be built in the 2021MY.""

So there's some discrepancy in the letter depending on how you read it and which side of DM you're on... Maybe by "new hardtop Broncos" they mean those not already scheduled...
To me, none of this really matters so long as the other workstreams are not slowing down the dirt mountain replacement. That doesn't seem to be the case from what insiders have indicated, so build away as far as I'm concerned. Also important to remember that, even if they are cleaning up dirt mountain FIFO, they were never going to be shipped in that order. Until we hear otherwise it seems like things are progressing as they should and may even be ahead of schedule. Now if we could just get Ford to confirm that......

Sponsored

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

À tu reçu des nouvelles de ton concessionnaire à un moment donné? Moi je dois courir après eux juste pour me faire dire à chaque fois que y savent pas...j'vais avoir la surprise moment donner I guess...
Mon concessionnaire ne communique jamais avec moi. Silence complet. Je regarde moi-même en mon no. vin pour savoir où j'en suis, mais là encore c'est le statu quo. J'pensais remiser le camion pour l'hiver, c'est dommage de recevoir ça à la fin de l'automne...

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm hoping the delay/bottleneck is that there are thousands of them needing to be shipped. Multiple insiders from MAP have been saying that they're pumping out several hundred a day, 7 days a week. So (if that's true), when we could expect there to be as many as 5-6k that have had their roofs replaced this month and awaiting final QC/shipment, in addition to whatever they produced in August/September that needs to be shipped. I'm not sure how their logistics works, but I have to imagine that's part of it.

All I know is that there would be a lot less anxiety and a lot fewer people hassling Mike Levine on twitter if Ford just communicated something to that effect to order holders.

The problem with this is the eyewitness account from Sunday by @MacDonald_Photo showed no meaningful reduction in the vehicles at Dirt Mountain or the other holding lots. If several hundred per day are supposedly being churned out, where are they coming from?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem with this is the eyewitness account from Sunday by @MacDonald_Photo showed no meaningful reduction in the vehicles at Dirt Mountain or the other holding lots. If several hundred per day are supposedly being churned out, where are they coming from?
While I want to see the problem solved in general for everyone, I'll be honest in admitting that there is one Bronco waiting on a roof that I disproportionately care about. Yes, that would be my Bronco, and I would like to know where the F my Bronco (which is fully paid for) is. Well @Ford Motor Company, where is it?!?

I have open trouble tickets, been promised calls back, and only once have gotten anything close to a straight answer.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No disrespect at all to him, but I'm not sure there's really much that his reports can tell us about how many cars are being moved out of that lot.

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No disrespect at all to him, but I'm not sure there's really much that his reports can tell us about how many cars are being moved out of that lot.
That may be true, but if someone could provide some photographic evidence of either a considerable dent (no pun intended) being made in the Dirt Mountain lot, or a massive group of Broncos at the MOD Center, I think we'd feel a little better about progress being made. Seeing just a couple here and there being moved or shipped does not jive with the hundreds reportedly being replaced per day.

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He stated several times that he could not see the back parts of the lot which hold a couple of thousand units. 👍 We also have a licensed drone pilot in here that was trying to get back out there yesterday but I believe the storms may have put a stop to it.

He has received permission to fly there at least once already.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That may be true, but if someone could provide some photographic evidence of either a considerable dent (no pun intended) being made in the Dirt Mountain lot, or a massive group of Broncos at the MOD Center, I think we'd feel a little better about progress being made. Seeing just a couple here and there being moved or shipped does not jive with the hundreds reportedly being replaced per day.
Yes, I agree with that - Ford could be doing a much better job of keeping everyone up to speed on progress, and I'm sure there would a lot fewer people hassling Mike Levine, Ford customer service reps and Ford dealers if they gave more frequent updates on where things stand.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since Ford is ahead of schedule will they produce more 2dr in 21? Like you Im waiting for my morning 7/14 reservation. With a 22 build I get to add SaS to my stick but lose my AntiMatter Blue paint.
Production at the end of the model year very well could include MIC topped Broncos that haven't been assigned VINs yet and that is the exact reason why I 99ed my order a couple weeks ago. I don't want a December 21 when I can get a Feb 22.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Production at the end of the model year very well could include MIC topped Broncos that haven't been assigned VINs yet and that is the exact reason why I 99ed my order a couple weeks ago. I don't want a December 21 when I can get a Feb 22.
Thanks. If I can only get AM in 21 that’s the one I want. I won’t mind small production of 21 either. In 20 years no one will car if it’s an June or November build.

However it might not matter.