JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No one is suggesting they stop production, but they committed to not building any additional hard top vehicles until the ones already produced and sitting there were corrected. Ford cannot seem to follow through on any commitments to its customers.
They appear to be doing both, so why is that a problem? If they have plenty of tops and the line does not affect refit throughput who cares?
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think it's been fairly clear for a while now that there was never a FIFY plan.
And they've also made it clear that production was continuing while DM rigs were getting tops replaced and inspected.

Are you certain this newly built Bronco actually has a 2.0 roof, or is that just an assumption based on the dates?

Honestly, I kinda feel like anyone who thought absolutely no new hard top builds were going to roll off the line until every single DM Bronco had their top replaced was just deluding themselves. Ford is going to do whatever gets the largest number of Bronco shipped out as quickly as possible.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I said this was how it would be done, they may use fifo for replacing the already built ones but they're going to keep building Broncos. They will just cycle the repaired ones in as they're fixed.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one is suggesting they stop production, but they committed to not building any additional hard top vehicles until the ones already produced and sitting there were corrected. Ford cannot seem to follow through on any commitments to its customers.
That would make sense if the new top was still being produced at a low rate that made supply a limiting factor. Then building new Broncos with a hard top would delay when you get yours off DM.

But if they have enough tops to cover all the replacements and still build more - with the limiting factor being the time and process to replace tops, complete inspections, etc. - then them building more hard top rigs isn't what's holding up getting through the back log. If that's the case, why shouldn't they build more hard top Broncos?

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If this is anything like my own history....
1. They got MIC 2.0 done and they are being produced.
2. DM Broncos get moved to get their tops swapped and shipped.
3. The top-swap location only has so much space. That space has to allow for old tops, new tops, and the Broncos that get them swapped.
4. What if they have way more tops than they can swap in a week, and more tops are coming?

They could throw more people at it, but again, limited space. They can only have so many there before it turns into a fustercluck. I am guessing they have optimized it and still can't keep up with the number of tops being made available now, so.. why not redirect the overflow of tops to the production line and resume there at the same time? It doesn't stop DMBs getting swapped and shipped, jsut splitting and resuming at the same time.

At the end of the day, its about money. If the above is what happened (like a situation I was part of years ago where that happened - our supply chain flooded us, so we split instead), then it makes sense.

Get DMBs rolling AND resume production? What's the outcome?
More Broncos. More Profit.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How sure are you that yours is being built with 2.0? Could it be that assembly is taking place with 1.0 only for it to sit in DM for a while...?

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a First Edition. We knew this.
See the exact text above from Ford. It says “We need to replace all MIC tops before we can make any new Bronco hard tops…”. There is zero statement, asterisk or call out that FEs will be built during the change over. Not sure where you‘re getting ‘we knew this’.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you, they say one thing and do another, consistently. I could understand if they are trying to crank out First Edition and Wildtraks as soon as they have the tops to do it. Those had no option for soft top in 21. Seems like MY21 soft top production is caught up, especially since we are hearing of orders being made and then a build date email being sent a couple weeks later. My guess is they are trying to keep the flow of new rigs going, and sprinkling in hard top builds keeps them at capacity. All speculation, as usual!

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If this is anything like my own history....
1. They got MIC 2.0 done and they are being produced.
2. DM Broncos get moved to get their tops swapped and shipped.
3. The top-swap location only has so much space. That space has to allow for old tops, new tops, and the Broncos that get them swapped.
4. What if they have way more tops than they can swap in a week, and more tops are coming?

They could throw more people at it, but again, limited space. They can only have so many there before it turns into a fustercluck. I am guessing they have optimized it and still can't keep up with the number of tops being made available now, so.. why not redirect the overflow of tops to the production line and resume there at the same time? It doesn't stop DMBs getting swapped and shipped, jsut splitting and resuming at the same time.

At the end of the day, its about money. If the above is what happened (like a situation I was part of years ago where that happened - our supply chain flooded us, so we split instead), then it makes sense.

Get DMBs rolling AND resume production? What's the outcome?
More Broncos. More Profit.
This is feasible, but opposite of what was stated, that’s the point.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I looked at some dealer orders over the last few weeks and the high volume ones have like 5 or more "PRIORITY CODE 1" broncos in their order bank. I'm assuming these are probably 1st Editions, but it definitely does NOT correlate with what FORD promised. This lie has caused a BUNCH of early reservation holders that SWITCH TO A SOFT TOP to get MOVED4+ weeks into October. and those builds going on now through the end of September are these vehicles you speak of.

Unreal. LAST Ford vehicle I ever buy.

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hear you, they say one thing and do another, consistently. I could understand if they are trying to crank out First Edition and Wildtraks as soon as they have the tops to do it. Those had no option for soft top in 21. Seems like MY21 soft top production is caught up, especially since we are hearing of orders being made and then a build date email being sent a couple weeks later. My guess is they are trying to keep the flow of new rigs going, and sprinkling in hard top builds keeps them at capacity. All speculation, as usual!
Soft top production is NOT caught up. My vehicle as well as a BUNCH of others that HAD 9-13 week build days (mine was Sept-17h) get JACKED by these vehicles and kicked 4-6 weeks down the road. My reservation date is Mid-day 7-14-2020

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its pretty clear that the "First In First Out" theory is a lie. Looking at the B6G tracking on this forum the MICs getting released have been from all different weeks of production. No idea what "system" they are using.
TOITOO Method is being used!

That one in this one out!

Partial Steam Ahead!!!!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
Didn't Ford also promise all FE's will be built in 21?

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soft top production is NOT caught up. My vehicle as well as a BUNCH of others that HAD 9-13 week build days (mine was Sept-17h) get JACKED by these vehicles and kicked 4-6 weeks down the road. My reservation date is Mid-day 7-14-2020
Sorry, I meant scheduling seems to be mostly set for 21, as in they have mostly figured out who will be built this year and who will be pushed to 22. But, shuffling of build weeks is absolutely still happening. Maybe dealer allocation is still playing a part? Again, my best speculations lol

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Didn't Ford also promise all FE's will be built in 21?
They did but what's your point? Mine is a FE and its waiting for a new top. If the FE thing is so important, replace all they FE dirt mountain roofs first. Point is, stop promising one thing, then doing something else and expect that the customers wont get pissed when they find out.
Sponsored