Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont even like the sound of “dirt mountain” For a new vehicle to be sitting at unprotected before someone owns it. Not cool… all those should be discounted.
Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If this isn't some entitled Americana right here, I don't know what is.

I feel you though, your economic arguments are where this starts and stops. Ford had thrown in somewhere between $5,000,000,000 and $8,000,000,000 dollars to try and get this vehicle to launch. Maybe your $12,000 could go towards waste toner cartridges for for the month of October at MAP?

Clearly Ford is out to personally harm you.
I lost you on the over used word entitled ;) .

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
So... what if Ford discovered that they no longer need to replace all existing roofs before [they] can make any new hardtop Broncos?

What if they developed a new capability - like making MIC 2.0 hard tops faster than they can process them at DM? Or some constraining factor such as available space at DM is no longer a factor?

The sentence the OP highlighted is not a commitment to repair DM builds before making more MIC builds. If anything, it is a constraint so that people (like me) whose '21 orders with VINs have not yet been started can understand why our builds aren't suddenly flying off the line. After all, at the closest my build was only 30 days away from being built. So now that MIC 2.0 builds are flying off the line, shouldn't I be less than 30 days away?

No... because there's a lot more involved here than that.

If anything, I'm unhappy that I can't undo my VIN and transform my order into a MY22 to be built in, say, December. I could get the green color, maybe add squatch to my 4-door w/ roof rails and 7-speed. But no, I'm locked in to a vehicle that will ship around the same time as other vehicles with one year less of depreciation on edmunds. While the OP is complaining about a promise that was never actually made.

Personally, I can imagine Ford has been bitten enough times by communications and commitments that were subsequently nullified that they don't want to communicate anything until we pull into our driveways in the new vehicles. But they continue to communicate anyway. They communicated to me that they expect to build my Bronco this year. They communicated to my dealer that my build week is now Nov 15, but have not communicated that to me yet, probably because there are still a lot of unknowns and they don't want to risk being wrong yet again.

We know from other posts that there are teams working OT and around-the-clock to clear Dirt Mountain. I wish we could get confirmation that the pace is still that high, but I'm not aware of any information to the contrary.

We know that Ford intends to build every ordered FE this year. And we know that they will build a handful of each of the other models (such as mine).

That's about as much as we can know at this point.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are building Broncos with the MIC top on the line not just FE's. Our 9/6 group had a few including my WT. I have a built email with an estimated shipping/delivery date. This is just information, not rubbing it in anyone's face or anything. Just FYI.

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Most everybody has been in line since July 13 2020. Regardless of which line you’re stuck in, we‘re all in line. I have a first day reservation for a MIC BL. it hasn’t even been scheduled and wont be until 2022. Dirt mountain guys could consider themselves lucky depending on their point of view.
Amen brother....I'm one of the fortunate ones who has their Bronco built, and I can wait a little longer for it to be released from the LOT!! Good luck to you!

Medhass

Black Diamond
First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 F100, Fairlane, 1991 Bronco excursion f250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So my 2 door that’s been sitting in DM since 7/21 will be delivered in time for Haloween or no? How about Thanksgiving? Christmas?
Maybe new years🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They didn't lie. They did exactly what they said. Built some, repaired some and shipped some. Where in that does it say that only Dirt Mountain Broncos would be repaired first. From a logistical standpoint it makes zero sense to prioritize us dirt mtn misfits. As a matter of fact they say that if you are on dirt mtn don't expect any updates until the end of September, which is true so far sans a few lucky prisoners who've been released.
Oh I don’t know, maybe because Ford says so right on their website 🤷‍♂️

990670D7-B097-4866-B12A-32E4817ED749.png

Medhass

Black Diamond
First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. I used to enjoy getting on here before everyone bitched about every single F’ing post. Mine has been waiting on a top since 7/2. It sucks, but I’ll live.
Hey wait a minute bro I'm in front of you mine was 7/1 build
Don't you dare cut in line✊🤣🤣🤣

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See the exact text above from Ford. It says “We need to replace all MIC tops before we can make any new Bronco hard tops…”. There is zero statement, asterisk or call out that FEs will be built during the change over. Not sure where you‘re getting ‘we knew this’.
Perhaps Ford has reserved all of the 2nd Gen Mic's for the dirt mountain gang first and for those that were delivered second. Then while those are in process of being replaced Ford has decided to fire up the line for new builds with the tops that came off AFTER the first and second priorities. Who knows what's possible unless you're on the inside.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The DM Bronco's, and the production Bronco's coming off the line are being done by two different groups of people. Not building Broncos, even MIC top orders, will not affect the speed in correcting the DM holds in any way. As I understand it many day shift line workers are volunteering for OT to help with the DM Broncos. Ford has got to get these reservations filled. They know they can't sit back and wait if there are enough MIC tops to keep up with production, and get the DM holds off the lots. I can understand the aggravation of those that have their Broncos sitting on DM, and I hope they can get their's home soon. Good luck to all.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont even like the sound of “dirt mountain” For a new vehicle to be sitting at unprotected before someone owns it. Not cool… all those should be discounted.
I for one would give up my '21 for a freshly built '22 and price protection. Waitint longer doesn't bother me. Honestly knowing it's just sitting is what's bugging me. Well that and doing a hard credit pull for financing because I got an in-production email then they decide to park all of them.

Regarding sequencing it sounds like Ford is using HIPO (highest invoice price out [first]).

Finally, I've learned to take what little communication we get from Ford as a lose suggestion scribbled on the back of a bar napkin rather than gospel. Time and time again Ford has proven they will do what is best for their balance sheet and not what makes the customer happiest.

I even offerred not to wax my honeycomb MIC1.0 if it means getting my Bronco sooner....

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I don’t know, maybe because Ford says so right on their website 🤷‍♂️

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 990670D7-B097-4866-B12A-32E4817ED749
It is all in interpretation. They say they “need” to. They don’t say they are going to, or will replace before new hardtop Broncos. This leaves them an out, which they clearly have taken, maybe because they have more tops a day being made then can be replaced. So they put them on new Broncos on the line. Ford for sure wants to get everyone their Bronco so they can get paid. Easy for any of us to arm chair quarterback.

Medhass

Black Diamond
First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

🤔🤔🤔🤔I've been thinking and I've come to a conclusion I know where the problem all started
It was all the Jeep guys fault why ford is in a bind
If they would not have jumped on the band wagon and realized FORD is the best brand 🙄 FORD would have been able to build Broncos for all true bronco supporters
FORD should go threw here🕵🕵🕵🕵 and not sell to the perpetrators acting like they really like FORD🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored