Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it’s reasonable to conclude that they may have allocated the first X thousand of MIC 2 tops to the dirt mountain gang and then allowed production to continue for new builds. Replacing the tops isn’t the same as a new vehicle being built down the assembly line.
I think it’s reasonable to conclude that they may have allocated the first X thousand of MIC 2 tops to the dirt mountain gang and then allowed production to continue for new builds. Replacing the tops isn’t the same as a new vehicle being built down the assembly line.
I think we have the same build and similar build situation! Cheers!

We must be twins?! LOL

Do you know if FE's get molle panels on the back of our front seats?
Sponsored

Last edited:

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
It's a FE, they are first, ford MUST get these out in MY'21

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think we have the same build and similar build situation! Cheers!

We must be twins?! LOL

Do you know if FE's get molle panels on the back of our front seats?
As far as I know, yes they do.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since I'm paying cash for my Bronco instead of just a small down payment do you think my dealer will take my letter seriously?
Hopin'so. Depends on your dealer. Did they give you a price agreement. Mine did. Asked them for the price I would pay and they sent me a sheet with the figures to finance. Not paying all cash, but at least $12,00 down plus whatever I can get out of my '17 Outback which is looking like at least $2,500 or more.

Sponsored

kkooch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looked great on paper but probably didn’t pan out in practice. Why stop overall Bronco production if they are starting to crank out hard tops quicker than expected? Hopefully, they are pulling dirt mountain rigs and replacing hard tops while they are also continuing with full builds.
I'm sure this is the case. Putting a new MIC top on is a quick step and it means they move inventory out and more importantly, get paid. I'm sure they want to move those Bronco's out on Dirt Mountain as soon as possible and aren't holding them there because of some conspiracy theory.
So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
Doubt it! Why would they not want to be paid for inventory they have? Conspiracy theory and stupid to think that Ford would not want to move inventory that is backed up.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lord, cherry pick one Q and A and overreact…. Read the entire letter. It clearly states that FE will be built and shipped. They push only unscheduled MIC tops to MY22. There are countless customers with day 1 and 2 and 3 reservations with no build dates, the true first in first out….. oh well I guess there is another meaningless thread to read somewhere around here….

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You guys with units at "Dirt Mountain" sitting for extended time may want to consider paint jobs and not just tops...
This is one of the reasons all will go down the line for reinspection. If they need anything, they'll take care of it before they ship.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why the hell would they schedule hardtop Broncos when they have a shitload waiting for tops? It would make zero sense. They'll be lucky to replace all the bad tops and complete all FEs this year.
The FE Broncos at dirt mountain already have been built. They are 2021. If they are behind getting all FE builds completed then they are building them with the MIC tops and someone may get their Bronco before a dirt mountain Bronco.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FE Broncos at dirt mountain already have been built. They are 2021. If they are behind getting all FE builds completed then they are building them with the MIC tops and someone may get their Bronco before a dirt mountain Bronco.
FE doesn't apply to my comment as it's known that they're ALL getting built and shipped this year. I was referring to MIC builds being VERY few outside of dirt mountain, already shipped orders that are recalled and FE.

Sponsored

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is one of the reasons all will go down the line for reinspection. If they need anything, they'll take care of it before they ship.
Does this include the 3 months of oxidation on my Red truck?

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on page 8 of 12, I can't read anymore. Seems to me Ford is overproducing and that's a bad thing...I can't figure it out.

On another note, I have never been involved with a first year rollout so I don't know how they are suppose to go. All I ever hear is how bad they are- Explorer, Tesla, Mustang.

Can anybody give me an example of a good first year rollout? Serious question. Is just the way they are? Are they all a cluster...? If so, I guess Ford is doing ok, first year is just freak show.

I enjoy it, it's like watching a reality TV show. Seeing the actions and reactions of a major corporation to expected and unexpected circumstance. Throw in the social reactions by those here and its actually fascinating.

I'm out. there's bigger issues.

Reactions: Rpm