Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on page 8 of 12, I can't read anymore. Seems to me Ford is overproducing and that's a bad thing...I can't figure it out.

On another note, I have never been involved with a first year rollout so I don't know how they are suppose to go. All I ever hear is how bad they are- Explorer, Tesla, Mustang.

Can anybody give me an example of a good first year rollout? Serious question. Is just the way they are? Are they all a cluster...? If so, I guess Ford is doing ok, first year is just freak show.

I enjoy it, it's like watching a reality TV show. Seeing the actions and reactions of a major corporation to expected and unexpected circumstance. Throw in the social reactions by those here and its actually fascinating.

I'm out. there's bigger issues.
Every other car that you don’t think about. Honda Accord, Toyota Sienna, VW GTI all launched without a huge stink.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clearly the majority of people in this thread have never worked in Manufacturing. As someone who has worked in manufacturing for many years and previously worked directly for a auto manufacturer in the past, this is completely normal. You cannot expect the words of one exec to be followed when the situation is constantly changing, and they are exploring all options and alternatives. When that email was sent out it was obviously their intention, but they were probably able to scale production faster than expected or receive larger hard top shipments. Most likely what happened is they can't get the DM vehicles over to the mod shop as fast as they can create production vehicles and have an excess of tops combined with a need to deliver first edition, wildtrak, and other hard top broncos with VIN numbers already created for 2021...so might as well get a move on. Just because the website didn't constantly crash for your lucky A before 1st editions were gone, and you were able to reserve a 1st Edition doesn't qualify you for some special award or treatment at the sacrifice of others or the company itself.
It's not like they accidentally put a drone strike on 10 innocent civilians...

It's just peachy when leadership is never responsible or accountable for the actions of those under them - corporate or otherwise - but this is not really worth all this angst. The Dirt Mountain Broncos are just acceptable collateral damage that are the result of bad planning and incompetence.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of the reasons all will go down the line for reinspection. If they need anything, they'll take care of it before they ship.
you think they will give it a new paint job?

Both these post are comical.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know that's not a dirt mountain build? I thought all those Bronco's at DM went back to 'in production' status once the QC issue was called?

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think we have the same build and similar build situation! Cheers!

We must be twins?! LOL

Do you know if FE's get molle panels on the back of our front seats?
On Black interior yes, on. Navy Pier you just get pockets on back of front seats

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm on page 8 of 12, I can't read anymore. Seems to me Ford is overproducing and that's a bad thing...I can't figure it out.

On another note, I have never been involved with a first year rollout so I don't know how they are suppose to go. All I ever hear is how bad they are- Explorer, Tesla, Mustang.

Can anybody give me an example of a good first year rollout? Serious question. Is just the way they are? Are they all a cluster...? If so, I guess Ford is doing ok, first year is just freak show.

I enjoy it, it's like watching a reality TV show. Seeing the actions and reactions of a major corporation to expected and unexpected circumstance. Throw in the social reactions by those here and its actually fascinating.

I'm out. there's bigger issues.
First year is always tricky. Especially these days with covid interferences. Nothing is a well oiled machine anymore. You will notice little things where they cut corners during assembly to finish the build at Ford.

Quick history. My first, first year model was a B7 audi RS4 2007 model back around 2006. It was one if the first ones built for the globe vin # ended in 007. It was a great car, but it had some big first year issues. Mind you this was nearly 15 years ago. Lots changed. The first couple days after I got it from Gmbh in Germany after waiting 6 months for it to arrive, the engine was leaking oil from an over torqued tube in engine bay. Audi fixed free. Never happen again. Then 3 months later the floating lambo brakes began making a popping/clicking sound when turning at low speeds. Loud and annoying. I wasn't hard on the brakes. Audi replaced the entire brake system free (not cheap). I said if anymore issues in the first year, its gone. 2 months later brakes started popping again. Sold it same day for a rad SRT Jeep. Thats another fun story..

My next first year model was the 2018 honda accord touring model. Zero issues to date. Wonderful first year car!!

Now I'm in a badlands bronco I've had about a week. Not much time in it. So far its good. Few little things I noticed not perfect like rear bronco emblem wasn't fully affixed to the paint and the air duct over driver feet is flimsy (saw/touched it when installing another part today) I need to secure it. Lets see how it does over time..

I think we have to wait and see how it goes but as of today I'm happy. But its tough going from 6 years of super reliable (and super boring) Toyota vehicles ('10 FJ MT AWD, '16 4Runner Pro AT, '19 4Runner Nightshade AT Limited 4x4/AWD AND all 3 had exact same bullet proof V6 NA engine). But it was time for a change. The bronco was it. Its not just a new car bc its newer than my current car was, its a new vehicle design which makes the entire new car purchase even better...so long as it doesn't break dammit lol.

Conclusion. Cars are made better these days and the bronco is made to be used/abused. Should do ok for first year. Im sure a few things need tuning over time, like any car, but as of today my I4 MT bronco is awesome!

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not having a DM bronco (or any bronco for that matter) If they are doing both new builds and replacements at the same time I'm for it. It could cut down on some of the Dealer stock stripped filler Broncos if they were able to put out hard tops sooner than later.

Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From zero to butt hurt in these parts takes about 1.8 seconds lol
It’s true. I’m easy going but seeing my tracker stuck since 6/30 has upped my butt hurtness as of late. I would rather true build date and time line even later dates over the unknown. At this point feels like it’s just lost

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thought there might be a chance, but still nothing.
1631934530358-png.png
Some folks here believe Ford is working balls-to-the-wall fixing DM tops. The Only issue is computer updates & emails.

My observation is that a lot of important stuff at Ford seems to be done by part-time weekend students....well, here I am on Saturday morning watching my inbox just like a hawk sitting on a fencepost tracking a field mouse.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the DM gang, would you rather have the absolute first MIC 2.0 tops coming off the line? Or would you rather have them make a few to make sure it is right before getting your DM Bronco's top replaced?

For me I'd rather have the later, but I won't get either because I don't even have a VIN yet.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For the DM gang, would you rather have the absolute first MIC 2.0 tops coming off the line? Or would you rather have them make a few to make sure it is right before getting your DM Bronco's top replaced?

For me I'd rather have the later, but I won't get either because I don't even have a VIN yet.
You always want the earlier stuff out of new molds.
Sponsored