Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want my bronco...

One thing to point out is that at least the pics of the revised top look a metric F' ton better.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That would not be consistent with the 2nd top plant coming on line in Q1. Additional soft top options would be great for the consumer however.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just want my bronco...

One thing to point out is that at least the pics of the revised top look a metric F' ton better.
Where are these pics? :unsure: If you mean the one's that were claimed to be v2 have been confirmed to be v1.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would make sense if the new top was still being produced at a low rate that made supply a limiting factor. Then building new Broncos with a hard top would delay when you get yours off DM.

But if they have enough tops to cover all the replacements and still build more - with the limiting factor being the time and process to replace tops, complete inspections, etc. - then them building more hard top rigs isn't what's holding up getting through the back log. If that's the case, why shouldn't they build more hard top Broncos?
Logic has no place, in this thread. We must all rage!!!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should take less than 10 minutes per unit once they have tops and vehicles in place. If I recall from official removal videos you have 4 panels removable by one person, 2 bolts, two people to lift and remove the clamshell, oh and a couple of plugs for wiper and defroster
We need our resident top expert here.

Isn't the top 3 panels and a clamshell? Aren't there 8 bolts on 4 door models?

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You think Webasto is making 15k tops a month? LMAO! You must be new here...I would be willing to bet a crisp high five that no more than 1000 a week are coming out of that plant and that's extremely optimistic. We will get all bad tops covered, FEs done and MAYBE a few extras sprinkled in but I highly doubt it.
Um, you would lose. Ford won't have their production constrained by a supplier. Before the shit hit the fan they were doing about 500 a day at half speed. That's 3k a 6 day week. Once they ramp up again I could see 6k a week easy.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We need our resident top expert here.

Isn't the top 3 panels and a clamshell? Aren't there 8 bolts on 4 door models?
from what I read they are also taking the glass out of the 1.0 and putting it into the 2.0, that'll take a couple more minutes for sure. That would also include the wiper/washer parts.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe FORD said..... no MIC top production other than FE and ALREADY SCHEDULED Wildtraks.. (WT being a MIC top only option) ... until Dirt Mountain is cleared. Meaning if they have the parts to build either of those plus MIC top they would build new ones.
Can anyone post that media release?
Does anybody have a clue how many fe's are on dirt mtn?

GijoeinLA

First Edition
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
Hey that’s mine! Well I’ll lie to if I have to get my build - jk. But truly I’m getting the very same one. I just just got my email saying my FE was getting built F/W of November. However I have two orders. One is a badlands 2/dr. That WAS to be produced in August week of August 30. Nope. My dealer claims it’s set for 9/20. Is he BS’ing too?

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my neighbor has had her two door sitting on dirt mountain since may.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um, you would lose. Ford won't have their production constrained by a supplier. Before the shit hit the fan they were doing about 500 a day at half speed. That's 3k a 6 day week. Once they ramp up again I could see 6k a week easy.
Webasto was NEVER pulling 500 passable tops in a day, lol. I'm not sure where you guys are pulling numbers from but it's not the info we've been given from reliable sources.

Dsprouse

First Edition
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anybody have a clue how many fe's are on dirt mtn?
Me! 7/21 2Dr and hella mad about those being shipped while we wait. If I saw real movement on our dirt mountain list I wouldn’t be so damn mad…but there is basically no movement.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Webasto was NEVER pulling 500 passable tops in a day, lol. I'm not sure where you guys are pulling numbers from but it's not the info we've been given from reliable sources.
Well, in theory, they were never passing any... But they were shipping as many as 300 defective ones per day.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, in theory, they were never passing any... But they were shipping as many as 300 defective ones per day.
and what makes folks think they'll be sending out many more "good" MIC 2.0s?
Sponsored