Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

Adk_st

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Focus ST '57 CHEVY 6400
2021_Bronco_OffRoad_017.jpg

2021_FordBronco.ext11.jpg

Alright Ford. I'll give it to ya. I've been trying to analyze the back of this thing and I still can't tell if we're getting a swing gate, drop gate, hatch or a combination. Nice job on the camo. Clearly they're concerned with keeping the roof and backend under wraps until release. Also, you can really see the hood and front fender shape/padding in this angle. Also a clear shot of the hitch, but I don't think anything has changed there. Definitely a different exhaust. Can't even see the muffler vs the other mule.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96/'97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L, '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD, '15 VW Golf TDI
I think the muffler is the same, maybe a bit smaller, but the lighting in the shot is a lot different and it has a big tip vs the lower trim having a plain turndown.

Wonder what the "performance" exhaust sounds like.

lumberjack357

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Yeah. Two doors are likely to have longer doors for rear seat egress/ingress.

Still cool!
The Wrangler has the same sized front door on the 2/4 door and Gladiator.

This is the Canadian Duratrac.
No, we have regular Duratracs, same as you. The Territory is its own tire (based on the Duratrac carcass) made exclusively for Canadian Tire. However, this is an entirely new Territory, not the same as the one available at CanTire.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Only thing I can’t wrap my head around is why they are putting anything with the name Wrangler on the Bronco... those are good tires but I mean, I don’t want wrangler on my bronco :cwl:

new camo too

A0A4B585-9623-4526-82FF-4F80091EFDA8.jpeg
You are missing the point, Ford has a new slogan now. "Buy a Bronco and drive all over Wranglers"!

Hxchrist

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Being able to fit 34’s stock yes please now we’re in business. Don’t like how low that front bumper seems to hang though. The grill is looking pretty good too

Tslater1989

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(212k) 97 F150 XLT, (321k) 99 Expedition EB, (77k) 2016 Explorer XLT. several go karts
Is the front end tapered in? Less than the dovetail of the Wrangler hood obviously, but the front seems to have a lot more padding and fender protrusion than the rear.
There are no rear 1/4's on the prototypes right now. To me, thats a good thing, tells me that replacing panels will be fairly straight forward.

Tslater1989

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(212k) 97 F150 XLT, (321k) 99 Expedition EB, (77k) 2016 Explorer XLT. several go karts
Another thing I noticed is the small LED in the rear bumper, just above the hitch receiver.

TeocaliMG

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 f-250 6.9 idi diesel, 2004 jeep liberty sport
I can’t understand how anyone would want that engine. More expensive to buy, more expensive to operate, more to to fail, and less powerful than the 2.7.
Good point, I do want a diesel, but I don't want that one...

TeocaliMG

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Already got that Bronco.

Gonna take more than big tires to claim victory over Jeep. For all we know the Bronco will articulate like the Everest.

Let’s stop declaring it a winner until we actually see it do something.
I agree that this is not a fair representation of what you and others want and I value your criticism in general, but I also want to be fair and point out that between the bigger tires, clearance for said tires, and suspension geometry at ride height it is clear that this will travel and articulate much more than an Everest, perhaps it wont strictly articulate BETTER than jeep but there is evidence here that it will be more competitive than any stock offering we have seen. That's not reason to get on your knees either lol, two things I want to die: SFA fans want crappy old Broncos, and IFS on Bronco = lackluster Forerunner/FJ/H3/Everest performance

jamanrr

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke, 2016 Subaru STI, and 16.5 Mazda CX5
Good point, I do want a diesel, but I don't want that one...
Why, the 3 liter Ford diesel is a proven Land Rover motor and has been around for decades just not here in the USA. It has 450 ft lbs of torque, returns 25 mpg in FX4 trim (highest of any 4x4 models), makes all its power under 1800 rpm and is a beast whether towing or just driving around town. The only draw backs which is for all modern diesels is the diesel exhaust fluid and the Ford diesel uses a timing belt but it is the quietest diesel in its class on the market. It has the Powerstroke label and earns it, one of the best F150 motors have ever been put in the truck. I have gone 27 thousand miles so far on my 2018 and it has been flawless.

IV.f

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
A lot of miss information in here on Torsen/Helical Diffs and what is a beadlock capable wheels — just read up on the raptor.

Anywho everything looks great and what I wanted - just hope they move the lower control arm mounting to be in front of the axles versus this weird behind/below setup they have (shock looks like it is outside the frame so that’s good.)

TeocaliMG

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why, the 3 liter Ford diesel is a proven Land Rover motor and has been around for decades just not here in the USA. It has 450 ft lbs of torque, returns 25 mpg in FX4 trim (highest of any 4x4 models), makes all its power under 1800 rpm and is a beast whether towing or just driving around town. The only draw backs which is for all modern diesels is the diesel exhaust fluid and the Ford diesel uses a timing belt but it is the quietest diesel in its class on the market. It has the Powerstroke label and earns it, one of the best F150 motors have ever been put in the truck. I have gone 27 thousand miles so far on my 2018 and it has been flawless.
Its a great little engine, but it's still an updated version of a very old engine. Having worked on the 3rd Gen 6.7 there is basically nothing about the 3.0 diesel that impresses me, and knowing that we could have potentially had a 2.7 Achates in there instead makes me pretty bummed out. That, and the fact that GM made a ground up little I-6 architecture which is objectively better than ours.

IV.f

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Its a great little engine, but it's still an updated version of a very old engine. Having worked on the 3rd Gen 6.7 there is basically nothing about the 3.0 diesel that impresses me, and knowing that we could have potentially had a 2.7 Achates in there instead makes me pretty bummed out. That, and the fact that GM made a ground up little I-6 architecture which is objectively better than ours.
Concur - it’s nothing to bash on Ford with the 3.0 Diesel - they just offer so many other great engines (probably to many) and the diesel doesn't make much sense. This is coming from a diesel advocate.

Now look at Ram - 1 diesel, 1 V8, 1 crap V6; the diesel fills a void.

Also I want to like the I6 GM diesel, but I don’t like aluminum blocks and you have to pull the cab to change the timing belt/chain. That’s just really really dumb.