Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really like what I’m seeing with the new Bronco, but it needs less doors. Here‘s my take on a 2-door.

C73CBEDF-57C4-45EF-B988-8805C8006C0A.png
We’ve seen the 2dr mule, it’ll be shorter than that

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We’ve seen the 2dr mule, it’ll be shorter than that
As long as the 2 door can fit a full size mattress in the back for camping and fun times with the seats removed then it’s all good. Otherwise the 4 door will be needed. Really planning for this to be my career vehicle and will be getting lots of miles as I switch bases with different assignments.... but also am not forgetting that little people may happen along the way. If the 2 door is larger than the wrangler then it should be fine to pick up (but since that seems unlikely), but if not I’ll be rocking 4 doors. I also love that it’s based on the ranger so for possible international deployments I could possibly bring it over seas and it wouldn’t be like driving a 3500 around.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as the 2 door can fit a full size mattress in the back for camping and fun times with the seats removed then it’s all good. Otherwise the 4 door will be needed. Really planning for this to be my career vehicle and will be getting lots of miles as I switch bases with different assignments.... but also am not forgetting that little people may happen along the way. If the 2 door is larger than the wrangler then it should be fine to pick up (but since that seems unlikely), but if not I’ll be rocking 4 doors. I also love that it’s based on the ranger so for possible international deployments I could possibly bring it over seas and it wouldn’t be like driving a 3500 around.
It won't fit a full size mattress. Hell, I'd be surprised if the 4Dr will. it's the same length as a 4runner, or a bit shorter, and it wouldn't even with the rear seat removed.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It won't fit a full size mattress. Hell, I'd be surprised if the 4Dr will. it's the same length as a 4runner, or a bit shorter, and it wouldn't even with the rear seat removed.
Correction... “modified sleeping arrangements” wheel wells kill dreams... but I am planing on having drawers out the back so the cargo area is flat and I can put my tools and firearms back there.

65AA0894-3211-4E58-BBD7-616AF9BFE583.jpeg

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correction... “modified sleeping arrangements” wheel wells kill dreams... but I am planing on having drawers out the back so the cargo area is flat and I can put my tools and firearms back there.

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 65AA0894-3211-4E58-BBD7-616AF9BFE583
Um, was that built? I would like that for my 4runner.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Um, was that built? I would like that for my 4runner.
Just an image of google, but they do have them for sale online for a pretty penny. I’m sure you can find plans or just make some yourself.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
.... but also am not forgetting that little people may happen along the way.
You may have two or more in child safety seats and/or boosters if you are planning (or even not planning) to have more than one trooper.
Child restraint laws vary by state and country, but generally it is recommended that children under 4ft 9in be seated using a booster; roughly 9-11 years old. This is so that the safety belts/shoulder harnesses and side airbags do their job properly.
Operation Car Seat Drill- Commence!
If you have friends or relatives with toddlers and a 2dr vehicle, offer to buckle them in. Extra points if it is in a crowded parking lot with vehicles parked closely on both sides. I believe that you would find that while it's not impossible, 4 doors make it much more convenient day to day, especially if you have two in car seats, and double especially if you need to transfer the car seat(s) to different vehicles frequently.

Lastly, here's a solution for a mattress 2dr or 4dr.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You may have two or more in child safety seats and/or boosters if you are planning (or even not planning) to have more than one trooper.
Child restraint laws vary by state and country, but generally it is recommended that children under 4ft 9in be seated using a booster; roughly 9-11 years old. This is so that the safety belts/shoulder harnesses and side airbags do their job properly.
If you have friends or relatives with toddlers and a 2dr vehicle, offer to buckle them in. Extra points if it is in a crowded parking lot with vehicles parked closely on both sides. I believe that you would find that while it's not impossible, 4 doors make it much more convenient day to day, especially if you have two in car seats, and double especially if you need to transfer the car seat(s) to different vehicles frequently.

All mighty fine points. Little ones shouldn’t be on the way for another 5-10 years for where we are right now. Also, a fat LOL at the air mattress. :cwl: What I really mean by mattress is like a little foam pad and a comforter or something, but an airmatress would work. Thanks for the insight!

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
Not sure if I missed it somewhere in this thread, but I was thinking this could just be a test mule for aftermarket performance parts. If the Bronco is going to take on the Wrangler, they're going to need a ton of mod options.
Not sure what the Bronco equivalent of JEEP (Just Empty Every Pocket) would be?
FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily)

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily)
Gotta Mechanic Comin'
Like I Needa Crappy Old Large Nag.
Fix It Again Tony
Q: Why is a rear window defroster standard on a Fiat? A: so you friends can keep their hands warm while they push you
Q; How do you make a Yugo go faster down hill A; Turn the motor off
Not A Stock Car Around Really

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As soon as my (future) kids are 3-4, no more booster seats.

Law or not, all of us here weren't in them forever and no need to treat them like little Bucketheads

What's the penalty, a fine? "Officer, the wife called me out of nowhere and I had to get little Johnny here for his appointment, didn't have his booster seat, what was I supposed to do?"

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Law or not, all of us here weren't in them forever and no need to treat them like little Bucketheads

What's the penalty, a fine? "Officer, the wife called me out of nowhere and I had to get little Johnny here for his appointment, didn't have his booster seat, what was I supposed to do?"
30-45 minute stop, $50-75 fine. I don't know if it would also affect your insurance. If the child is injured in an accident and not properly secured, it's not unheard of that the state would consider felony reckless endangerment of a minor. YRMV, but think about it.
Sponsored