Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

Fosters

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2013 Mustang 6A, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
yes I have had many diesel guys tell me that the emissions thing killed the diesel. I always just tell them how do you think I feel gas motors got it back in the early 70's LOL

… and just in case you haven't seen it yet but pushrods are back. 7.3 gasser is a small block, big cube, pushrod v-8. I saw the video a few times now and it looks like they have increased pushrod size to give it more durability. Brian has been a pushrod guy for a long time, he says some interesting things but you have to listen close. Only time will tell.
Yep, time will tell how the 7.3 holds up, it has every chance to be a winner. Big inch low power, low rpm, low stress, few components... I do think some DOHC heads with TI-VCT and direct injection on the 6.2 would have made more power and better economy... but it would have been way more expensive to make. The 7.3 I have a feeling was largely designed to out the 6.8 in the RV industry, and because they need lots of sales to make up for the R&D, they offered it in the superduty... Speaking of... a v10 with the coyote bore and ti-vct style direct injection top end, I would have been happy with that too... :D

I don't know what it was about the windsors, but they all ran like garbage after 100-200k... I have 2 200k+ 4.6s and they both run great.

Fosters

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2013 Mustang 6A, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Gotta Mechanic Comin'
Like I Needa Crappy Old Large Nag.
Fix It Again Tony
Q: Why is a rear window defroster standard on a Fiat? A: so you friends can keep their hands warm while they push you
Q; How do you make a Yugo go faster down hill A; Turn the motor off
Not A Stock Car Around Really
My 2 favorites:

Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips
Broke My Wallet

Nickp

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER 4 DOOR MT
Just a little random thing just happened... filling up with gas at Costco next to a brand new JL wrangler, guy driving was wearing a Bronco R shirt and so I asked him what he’d heard about the new Bronco and if he was getting one? he looked at me Super weird and said no, he hasn’t followed it because he’s a mopar guy lol.

we chatted about our jeeps for a minute and I went on my way. Super weird lol.

Adk_st

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Focus ST '57 CHEVY 6400
Just a little random thing just happened... filling up with gas at Costco next to a brand new JL wrangler, guy driving was wearing a Bronco R shirt and so I asked him what he’d heard about the new Bronco and if he was getting one? he looked at me Super weird and said no, he hasn’t followed it because he’s a mopar guy lol.

That's exactly what I'd expect a guy with inside knowledge to say. Veryyyy suspicious

Nickp

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER 4 DOOR MT
That's exactly what I'd expect a guy with inside knowledge to say. Veryyyy suspicious
That’s kinda what I was thinking. I know the shop that built the Bronco R is out here in Phoenix maybe one of their employees?

BroncoBoy22

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

Wearing a bronco R shirt yet knows nothing about it? LOL

Nanook

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pro4X Titan, Ford Fusion, Ducati Diavel
Or he could of got it at Barrett Jackson and is just wearing a shirt...

BroncoBoy22

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
So there’s a guy on the Bronco 2020 Facebook who comments fairly often and is apparently an engineer at Ford who has seen the Bronco. His comment is this: “It is not going to be that radical looking, it will look more like the early Bronco’s than this”

take that as you will
Than what my man?

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
So there’s a guy on the Bronco 2020 Facebook who comments fairly often and is apparently an engineer at Ford who has seen the Bronco. His comment is this: “It is not going to be that radical looking, it will look more like the early Bronco’s than this”

take that as you will
I like the early one, so I'm not gonna complain