Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously these photos are controlled by Ford, but something that been bugging me is how no one else has gotten any photos outside the Frankenrangers, I mean it's the new bronco I would expect somebody to snap a candid photo of the bronco by now
That is surprising. When I used to live around there, I'd see mules all the time. And if I were still in the area, I'd be on high alert to snap a pic of the Bronco.
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would love bigger tires and no lift. I love that LCG setup.
Agreed. I always want my vehicles to be wider than they are tall if at all possible. Wrangler Rubicons in stock form just baaarely pass that test. Hopefully the Bronco gives a little bit better ratio. Comes down to how low that roof ends up being.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The real question of the day is..... why did they camo wrap the third brake light??? :crazy: lol
2021_Bronco_OffRoad_018_ light.jpg
I noted on the old photos there was enough room for a big spare in the bumper cut out but not under the brake light. Maybe they had to cobble something together for the big tire test and didn't want the cobble showing

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I always want my vehicles to be wider than they are tall if at all possible. Wrangler Rubicons in stock form just baaarely pass that test. Hopefully the Bronco gives a little bit better ratio. Comes down to how low that roof ends up being.
Aside from the proportional aesthetics you mention, the aluminum body may help lower the CG somewhat. I bet they are being real careful not to get into a 1st gen Explorer CG issue.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow! Seeing these latest shots makes me both happy, and sad. Happy, because it looks totally awesome. Sad, because the more "special" the off road version is, the less likely I will be able to afford it. lol
Really, all I want is a base 2 door with a FX4 type package, (skid plates and rear locker) and 33's.

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

Obviously these photos are controlled by Ford, but something that been bugging me is how no one else has gotten any photos outside the Frankenrangers, I mean it's the new bronco I would expect somebody to snap a candid photo of the bronco by now
I would agree but then again the newest Ford GT was created without anyone getting a single picture of it or even knowing it was coming until the last minute. Not that I am aware of at least. Ford knows how to hide stuff if they want apparently lol.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why, the 3 liter Ford diesel is a proven Land Rover motor and has been around for decades just not here in the USA. It has 450 ft lbs of torque, returns 25 mpg in FX4 trim (highest of any 4x4 models), makes all its power under 1800 rpm and is a beast whether towing or just driving around town. The only draw backs which is for all modern diesels is the diesel exhaust fluid and the Ford diesel uses a timing belt but it is the quietest diesel in its class on the market. It has the Powerstroke label and earns it, one of the best F150 motors have ever been put in the truck. I have gone 27 thousand miles so far on my 2018 and it has been flawless.
Because Ford offers turbo gassers that significantly outperform the diesel for less money. The diesel mileage doesn’t save any money after you pay for more expensive fuel, DEF, and the engine itself.

If Ford would’ve gone with something in the 4.0-4.5L range with 300-350hp I think they might have had a winner.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would agree but then again the newest Ford GT was created without anyone getting a single picture of it or even knowing it was coming until the last minute. Not that I am aware of at least. Ford knows how to hide stuff if they want apparently lol.
That was an amazing reveal. Nobody had any real idea it was even happening then BOOM supercar!

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because Ford offers turbo gassers that significantly outperform the diesel for less money. The diesel mileage doesn’t save any money after you pay for more expensive fuel, DEF, and the engine itself.

If Ford would’ve gone with something in the 4.0-4.5L range with 300-350hp I think they might have had a winner.
Which Ford gasser outperforms the 3.0 diesel? The diesel is 440 lb-ft of torque at 1750 rpm vs 3.5 ecoboost 470 lb-ft of torque at 2500 rpm.

The issue is people think the diesels should perform in the same way as a gasser.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

That depends largely on use case, and definition of "out perform". The diesel's intent is to deliver mileage while towing. The ecoboosts are wildly known to be Eco or Boost. However even unladened the diesel delivers good mileage. When my truck was stock ~26 in town, and ~31+ highway was common. Even leveled, with 35's, and lightly ladened it will get ~21 in town, and ~24 highway on winter diesel.

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which Ford gasser outperforms the 3.0 diesel? The diesel is 440 lb-ft of torque at 1750 rpm vs 3.5 ecoboost 470 lb-ft of torque at 2500 rpm.

The issue is people think the diesels should perform in the same way as a gasser.
2.7, 3.5, 3.5HO, 5.0.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a diesel should outperform a gasser if it costs more. Exactly the reason I own a 6.7 Powerstroke and not a 6.2 gasser. Not to save a couple gallons of more expensive fuel just to spend that money on DEF, fuel filters, and $100 oil changes.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not at all what most of us where saying. Saying that we had not seen anything impressive performance wise just yet. This is better, quite better. Still not good enough for me to want a 2Dr variant. I'll replace our 4runner with this, but that was always the plan. but as or right now there still will not be a 2Dr for me. Maybe that will change even with IFS if it process capable enough, but doubtful, we'll see.

this does look good though, and I do like the 2dr wheelbase from the other thread.
Oh I understand, but there are some that have claimed this an absolute failure based on seeing a few prototypes and not knowing everything.

Already got that Bronco.

Gonna take more than big tires to claim victory over Jeep. For all we know the Bronco will articulate like the Everest.

Let’s stop declaring it a winner until we actually see it do something.
On the flip side, why don't you stop declaring it an absolute failure before actually seeing it do something...

They might have bulked up the padding in the front fender, but I don't see much difference in the rear.

Jan27 017 compare.png

There's a clear difference in the rear fender - look at the strap on the top of the wheel well and how much more of an angle it's on in the left photo vs. the right.

Another thing I noticed is the small LED in the rear bumper, just above the hitch receiver.
I noticed that as well, and was wondering what it's for.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I understand, but there are some that have claimed this an absolute failure based on seeing a few prototypes and not knowing everything.

On the flip side, why don't you stop declaring it an absolute failure before actually seeing it do something...

There's a clear difference in the rear fender - look at the strap on the top of the wheel well and how much more of an angle it's on in the left photo vs. the right.

I noticed that as well, and was wondering what it's for.
There are no rear 1/4s on the prototypes right now. Think they are figuring out different stamping for the various wheel arches. I think that light on the bumper is so you can remove the tailgate and still have a third light.
Sponsored