Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the visible part of the headlight:

FBmnGyf.jpg

So yes, the center part of the light will likely extend into the grille, which would cover the part behind it.

Well he's wrong because it's visible in spy shots.
@broncoboy has a point. Look at the spy shot it looks like there is a thicker black piece that cuts through the middle of the lens (the circle part). It looks similar but different than the leak headlight photo

chicknwithabeer

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited 2015 Ford f150 3.5 E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the visible part of the headlight:

FBmnGyf.jpg

So yes, the center part of the light will likely extend into the grille, which would cover the part behind it.

Well he's wrong because it's visible in spy shots.
Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 2021-ford-f-150-spy-photo-108-1557335361

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone know what is going on with the door handles? I wonder why they have the camo patch over them. Makes me thing they are trying out different handles. Hopefully the Broncos don't have the freezing door problem the pickup trucks have. In case you aren't aware of the freezing door problems on the Ford trucks, many starting with 2015 have door locks or latches freeze so you can't get in the truck, can't get out of the truck, the doors don't latch closed, or the doors swing open in traffic because they are frozen. I personally have this problem with my 2018 F150. Ford has had 8 fixes for this, mine went in for the last 3 or 4 fixes, and it still does it and they do not have an idea how to fix it. Every time I went in for the service there were several other F150 owners in for the same thing and there is plenty of info online regarding this issue. Anyway, I won't be buying another Ford pickup until they get this straightened out and I hope the Bronco does not inherit the problem.

chicknwithabeer

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited 2015 Ford f150 3.5 E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look how the level of the mirror is below the bottom of the window. Would be useless without the notch down part.
I understand just repeating what I heard. I made the same argument.

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
Anyone know what is going on with the door handles? I wonder why they have the camo patch over them. Makes me thing they are trying out different handles. Hopefully the Broncos don't have the freezing door problem the pickup trucks have. In case you aren't aware of the freezing door problems on the Ford trucks, many starting with 2015 have door locks or latches freeze so you can't get in the truck, can't get out of the truck, the doors don't latch closed, or the doors swing open in traffic because they are frozen. I personally have this problem with my 2018 F150. Ford has had 8 fixes for this, mine went in for the last 3 or 4 fixes, and it still does it and they do not have an idea how to fix it. Every time I went in for the service there were several other F150 owners in for the same thing and there is plenty of info online regarding this issue. Anyway, I won't be buying another Ford pickup until they get this straightened out and I hope the Bronco does not inherit the problem.
Got rid of my 2016 F-150 within 2 weeks of this issue... at the 2 year mark with ~29,000 miles.

Rear crew door wouldn't stay closed; would bounce partially shut... opened it, hit power lock button and slammed shut and took my kids to school. Got to the school, that door wouldn't open/unlock... called local Ford dealer about the recall (no parts or solution in Feb 2018). Door starting functioning properly the next day when it was warmer. Sold it as is before the end of the month and got my (1st) JLUR.

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
I was impatient at the time and it gave me an excuse to get another Jeep (#s7&8)... was gonna be a harder sell to jump from a '16 FX4 to '18 Raptor:)

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

Anybody else questioning the headlight reveal versus what we are seeing now?
Is it possible that there’s part of the grill that overlaps the center of the light?

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 2021-ford-f-150-spy-photo-108-1557335361

Not to speak for BroncoBuyer, but I believe he was referring to the piece the splits the round headlight in two. I think most of us knew the other surrounding parts of the light in the guy's hand was going to be behind a fascia. I'm sure most know so excuse the info if you do but that divider holds the LEDs for High and Low so it is inside the glass. When not using glass optics (projectors... "fish eyes") to focus the light, the divider is used to direct the LED off specific parts of the reflector (top/bottom).

Anyways... To BroncoBuyer's point, though, In the headlight reveal (where the guy is holding it in his hand), the divider is narrower and chrome. But on the truck pics, it is much thicker and black. Definitely different! And in response to BroncoBuyer's question whether the 'grill is overlapping the center of the headlight', looking at the far headlight, it appears as though the answer is no. You can see the divider is behind the glass. Thus, it appears to be a different headlight than the one in the guys hand. Just my opinion.

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! headlight_bronco

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to speak for BroncoBuyer, but I believe he was referring to the piece the splits the round headlight in two. I think most of us knew the other surrounding parts of the light in the guy's hand was going to be behind a fascia. I'm sure most know so excuse the info if you do but that divider holds the LEDs for High and Low so it is inside the glass. When not using glass optics (projectors... "fish eyes") to focus the light, the divider is used to direct the LED off specific parts of the reflector (top/bottom).

Anyways... To BroncoBuyer's point, though, In the headlight reveal (where the guy is holding it in his hand), the divider is narrower and chrome. But on the truck pics, it is much thicker and black. Definitely different! And in response to BroncoBuyer's question whether the 'grill is overlapping the center of the headlight', looking at the far headlight, it appears as though the answer is no. You can see the divider is behind the glass. Thus, it appears to be a different headlight than the one in the guys hand. Just my opinion.

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! headlight_bronco
Great post this has me intrigued
Sponsored