First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol... I’m almost there with you on that... I have two Broncos reserved/ordered (coded 99 because of the Black Mod Top) and one Land Rover Defender 90 X ordered.
I have little faith in actually ever seeing any of the three... its a really f’ed up world and not getting better anytime soon
What’s the timeline on your Defender? I’m headed down that path myself.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even if they magically were able to make the MIC top flawlessly in October, they are still 117,000 hard tops behind. So, if they can build 450 a day, that would take a full year just for existing orders.

Once the tooling is proved out and making good parts (whenever that is) they will have the challenge of ramping up production. Until Webasto gets to 800-1000 good tops a day, the backlog is just going to drag and drag.
LMFAO, 450 a day!!! They would be lucky to make 100 per day at this point!!!

Considering that they are 12,000 behind just to make 30 November, even under the most ideal of circumstances that the following must occur to meet the projected goals to replace all the tops and provide new tops to meet already scheduled and committed orders.

26 days production in September - 154 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered
26 days production in October - 154 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered
26 days production in November - 154 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered

Do you really think that is realistic? What happens if tops don't start getting delivered to Ford daily until 1 October??? What will that do to the numbers???

26 days production in October - 231 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered
26 days production in November - 231 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered

There is no way that will ever happen! Not at 231 tops per day... plus shipping lag... I don't even think that they can hit 150 tops per day after waste. LMFAO. They are high, unless these tops are already rolling off a production line at 200+ tops per day... (including waste and shipping lag) many of us will not see a Bronco until next year.

I hope that they prove me wrong, but... I know better!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly right, however since the Mod top is being removed as a standard feature, it becomes a possible option instead. An expensive option that isn't available now and the vendor no longer has the contract to make if the forum is correct. Had Ford said the WT can get the soft top as an option for 2022, it would imply it was a stop gap 2022 measure that would be ended when the Mod top was available in 2023ish. Making the soft top standard from now on implies the Mod top is not coming at all. Just reading between the lines is all.
I think you're reading too much into it. MOD top was never arriving for '22 as of the last delay, so why would they have it in there as an option if it's not going to be for that year?

My build was a Wildtrak…I’m now officially done with this. Placed an order for a 392 today.
Why? You could still option the MIC top. Soft top is just standard for '22.

And if you were expecting a MOD top for '22 after the announcement months ago they wouldn't be until '23, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’d rather have a snake skin MIC top than the shitty looking OEM flappy top.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LMFAO, 450 a day!!! They would be lucky to make 100 per day at this point!!!

Considering that they are 12,000 behind just to make 30 November, even under the most ideal of circumstances that the following must occur to meet the projected goals to replace all the tops and provide new tops to meet already scheduled and committed orders.

26 days production in September - 154 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered
26 days production in October - 154 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered
26 days production in November - 154 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered

Do you really think that is realistic? What happens if tops don't start getting delivered to Ford daily until 1 October??? What will that do to the numbers???

26 days production in October - 231 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered
26 days production in November - 231 tops per day - 100% perfect, 0% waste, delivered

There is no way that will ever happen! Not at 231 tops per day... plus shipping lag... I don't even think that they can hit 150 tops per day after waste. LMFAO. They are high, unless these tops are already rolling off a production line at 200+ tops per day... (including waste and shipping lag) many of us will not see a Bronco until next year.

I hope that they prove me wrong, but... I know better!
Are there any facts behind these numbers or just pure speculation?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are there any facts behind these numbers or just pure speculation?

No, I just pulled them out of my ass...

Come on, seriously dude. Do some research, I did!

There are approximately 13,380 Broncos built prior to Aug 2021.
Hardtop orders were about 60-70% of all orders.
There were approximately 3,000 Broncos at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex
There were approximately 6,000 FE and already scheduled 2/4 MIC top Broncos waiting to be built
There are news sources stating that they will need to replace approximately 15,000 MIC tops total (I was generous and made a more conservative estimate).
Other news sources stated that only 1/3 of converted orders could be built this year (120,000 * 0.33 = 41,250) and if a third of those were going to be hardtops that's 13,750 including the 7000 FE orders and another 6,750 WT, 2 DR, and other MIC orders.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How to say mic tops will be a prob well into 22 without actually saying it. C’mon Ford, out with it. 2 door Broncos will be late 22 availability - but prob 23.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, I just pulled them out of my ass...

Come on, seriously dude. Do some research, I did!

There are approximately 13,380 Broncos built prior to Aug 2021.
Hardtop orders were about 60-70% of all orders.
There were approximately 3,000 Broncos at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex
There were approximately 6,000 FE and already scheduled 2/4 MIC top Broncos waiting to be built
There are news sources stating that they will need to replace approximately 15,000 MIC tops total (I was generous and made a more conservative estimate).
Other news sources stated that only 1/3 of converted orders could be built this year (120,000 * 0.33 = 41,250) and if a third of those were going to be hardtops that's 13,750 including the 7000 FE orders and another 6,750 WT, 2 DR, and other MIC orders.
You seem to make some wild claims, so I had to ask. :cautious:

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“Depends on timestamp”
They continued taking orders for a vehicle they knew they couldn’t produce, long after they knew they couldn’t produce it and now they are going to pick some random date to determine who will still get a hardtop that was standard on a $50k vehicle they ordered.
Those of us who miss their undecided cutoff date get forced into something we didn’t order.

I bet when they finally learn how to build the hardtop that they charge us for the shitty noise canceling headliner that was going to be free.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Visit your local dealer for one lol. I swear every demo around me for 100 miles is 4 door Wildtrak softop
There is one I see close to me....asking 79k for it.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well maybe with the change to a soft top you can also get the black interior or the outer banks interior in the WT instead.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FORD CONTINUES TO SUCK ASS THROUGH A STRAW ON THESE DEBACLES….
😂

I will take the offer and get the modular in 2023. Not going to settle for another trim, and this should get me my WT first of year being a day 2 reservation.
Sponsored