First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't they been saying 2023 for mod tops for a while now? My guess is another team is working with the new supplier of mod tops and others are dealing with the MIC and soft top issues that they expect to fix in 21-22.
Exactly right, however since the Mod top is being removed as a standard feature, it becomes a possible option instead. An expensive option that isn't available now and the vendor no longer has the contract to make if the forum is correct. Had Ford said the WT can get the soft top as an option for 2022, it would imply it was a stop gap 2022 measure that would be ended when the Mod top was available in 2023ish. Making the soft top standard from now on implies the Mod top is not coming at all. Just reading between the lines is all.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the salesperson did say it was a time thing. I remember a 4 so he must of said 4 months then theyā€™ll sell it. Itā€™s currently available for test rides.
And that is possible if they took delivery in June. The first demos that can be sold (without penalty) will be in December. What is really unfortunate for some dealers is their demo still hasn't been delivered. They will have a MY'21 demo that can't be sold until mid-way through MY'22.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did too and got a VIN. But the Q&A says you still won't get a WT with soft top in '21.
There must be other constraints on Wildtrak that won't be solved soon enough to build any for 21. We're getting pretty close to end of the 21 model year.

• 09/03/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 09/23/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 12/10/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date

• 09/13/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 10/14/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 12/13/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think 2022 B&P will be out mid September but how much do you want to bet that the majority of members here will still not be happy after seeing 2022 B&P?

and, the complaints on this would be subdued if they just released the b&p and people overlooked this and were ā€œbuildingā€ their green, and surprise grabber orange Broncosā€¦ which is what Iā€™m bitching about, I thought ā€˜22 details were coming out this passed mar-may

Sponsored

Johnnycab

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And that is possible if they took delivery in June. The first demos that can be sold (without penalty) will be in December. What is really unfortunate for some dealers is their demo still hasn't been delivered. They will have a MY'21 demo that can't be sold until mid-way through MY'22.
They took delivery in late July and Iā€™m only passing on what the salesman told me.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The order banks for MY22 are not open yet so those things can't be publicized. I think that Ford is doing what people always say they don't do - they are communicating! If they did this 9/13 B&P everyone would be freaking out. I get they make their share of mistakes, but damn, they can't win with this group.
B6G members say, "Ford, tell me the truth, I'm a big boy and can handle it as long as it's the truth".
Reality

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They took delivery in late July and Iā€™m only passing on what the salesman told me.
Hopefully, they aren't your dealer. If they sell it before the 6 months, it is loss of 1 month of Bronco and Bronco Sport allocation. It's a steep penalty. Ultimately, it is their vehicle. They can do what they want with it.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The order banks for MY22 are not open yet so those things can't be publicized. I think that Ford is doing what people always say they don't do - they are communicating! If they did this 9/13 B&P everyone would be freaking out. I get they make their share of mistakes, but damn, they can't win with this group.
Thank you! šŸ™Œ

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
everyone here wants info from ford and then get it and still complain.

the saying you canā€™t make everyone happy is 1 million % true at bronco6g.

just wait and see what happens after 2022 B&P and then after that everyone will demand to see 2023 B&P.

Rightfully so for a lot of them šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

all the people so bothered by people unhappy with constantly being let downā€¦

I donā€™t know if youā€™re just business owners or in the service industry and have horrible service skillsā€¦ā€¦. Or maybe are cuckolds?!

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think 2022 B&P will be out mid September but how much do you want to bet that the majority of members here will still not be happy after seeing 2022 B&P?
I won't be happy if 2022 B&P eliminates the decent colors on the base. Having a reasonable selection of colors on the base (including Velocity Blue and a form of red) was one of the pleasant surprises for MY2021. Because so often car makers allow only a small subset of colors on base models (sometimes only white/silver/black). I'll be so bummed if Ford messes up the base colors for 2022.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What this announcement really means:

Ford is confirming that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top because there is no way that Ford is competent enough to produce hardtops in sufficient quantity to guarantee that ANY WildTrak Broncos will be built with a hardtop in early 2021. The previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option that you won't even be able to order until late 2022 or early 2023.

In an apparent effort to save face, and to negotiate an end to the struggle at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex, Ford announced the 2022 model year move to dealers today. The 2021 model year is likely to run past the fourth quarter, however, if it hasn't been scheduled yet, not one of you will actually get a 2021 WildTrak. Dealers and consumers are expected to get more bad news related to 2022 model year changes over the next few days.

Greatest of All Tops?
Currently, unscheduled orders with hard tops have been Yeeted to MY22. Additionally, Ford announced last week that consumers with hard tops will not have their new Broncos shipped until Ford can figure out how to build a replacement. Who would have thought when the 2021 Bronco was revealed a year ago that the launch would be this much of a Charlie Foxtrot?

So with an unsatisfied 125,000 Bronco customers waiting for something positive, this news on a popular model certainly won't ease any production concerns and only serves as a grim warning to those already waiting on replacement tops.

This is the latest ineffectual tactic Ford has implemented to mitigate the epic fail that this launch has become without actually having to address hardtop issues, other items the company has offered to some people have included:

• Exclusive promotional items (such as the design development poster)
    • Invites to exclusive Ride and Drive events
    • Invite to Off-Roadeo ahead of vehicle delivery
    • $250 voucher to Off-Roadeo
    • Up to $1,100 in FordPass rewards points
    • Price protection until ā€™23
    • Free hard top prep kit
    • Free NVH headliner
  • Others will just be told to pound sand.
Ford has assured us that no executives were harmed during the decision making process and that all senior managers were expected to be given substantial bonuses or promotions. We expect an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have built units held at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex which may be communicated sometime in September with no chance of actually making our projected goals. Vehicle timing estimates for customers who have been scheduled might be communicated sometime in October with equally unreliable production forecasts.

Bronco Roof Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top; because you all know we aren't going to have any Hardtops.

Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ā€™21 Wildtrak?

A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021, but you were never going to receive a Hardtop WildTrak in 2021 or 2022... so stop complaining. You're lucky we're even going to still let you order one.

Q: If I want to switch my order to a soft top, when do I need to do this by?

A: We will let you know when we are damn well good and ready to let you know. You didn't expect us to give you any sense of predictability or locus of control, did you?

Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, will I receive my Bronco in ā€™22?

A: Probably not! Maybe early 2023 if you are lucky, however we reserve the right to deliver it late Q4 2022 to minimize its value. Also timely delivery will depend on whether or not we can pull our heads out of our rectums and the number of managers we retain.

For additional FAQs regarding tops, visit the Ford support pages. The company is adding to these resources but will continuously refuse to provide you with useful or actionable information. May the odds be ever in your favor!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly right, however since the Mod top is being removed as a standard feature, it becomes a possible option instead. An expensive option that isn't available now and the vendor no longer has the contract to make if the forum is correct. Had Ford said the WT can get the soft top as an option for 2022, it would imply it was a stop gap 2022 measure that would be ended when the Mod top was available in 2023ish. Making the soft top standard from now on implies the Mod top is not coming at all. Just reading between the lines is all.
I think Ford is just doing what it takes to be able to build something this year. The target keeps moving, so Ford has little choice but to refocus their aim. Keeping in mind that Webasto will be making V2 and opening another manufacturing facility for MIC. Then you have a new manufacturer that is expected to produce the mod top. I feel that Ford will make other changes for 22 regarding tops as the supply constraints eventually ease up.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I donā€™t think VB is going away as it is being used on other ford products in 2022. And ford always has 2 reds so you will be good.

I won't be happy if 2022 B&P eliminates the decent colors on the base. Having a reasonable selection of colors on the base (including Velocity Blue and a form of red) was one of the pleasant surprises for MY2021. Because so often car makers allow only a small subset of colors on base models (sometimes only white/silver/black). I'll be so bummed if Ford messes up the base colors for 2022.
Sponsored