First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to an article on Bronco Nation, Bronco Wildtrak with Soft Top Now Standard in MY22

Ford Bronco News: 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Will Get Soft Top Standard in MY22 Ford Wildtrack Bronco Soft To

BREAKING: BRONCO WILDTRAK WITH SOFT TOP NOW STANDARD IN MY22
Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. So far, the Wildtrak trim has only been available with a hard top for both 2- and 4-door units. The hard top prep kit will be included, and the previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option.​
In an apparent effort to lower complexity and remove constraints, Ford announced the 2022 model year move to dealers today. Although the 2021 model year is likely to run late into the fourth quarter, dealers and consumers are expected to see additional news related to 2022 model year changes over the next few days.​
Greatest of All Tops?
Currently, unscheduled orders with hard tops have been moved to MY22. Additionally, Ford announced last week that consumers with hard tops will be offered a replacement. Who would have thought when the 2021 Bronco was revealed a year ago that the focus of the launch would be a molded top?​
So with an unprecedented 125,000 Bronco orders in the bank, this news on a popular model should begin to ease production concerns.​
This is the latest move Ford has taken to alleviate address hard top issues, other items the company has offered include:​
  • Exclusive promotional items (such as the design development poster)
    • Invites to exclusive Ride and Drive events
    • Invite to Off-Roadeo ahead of vehicle delivery
    • $250 voucher to Off-Roadeo
    • Up to $1,100 in FordPass rewards points
    • Price protection until ’23
    • Free hard top prep kit
    • Free NVH headliner
We expect an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have built units held at the assembly plant (September timing estimate), and an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have been scheduled (October timing estimate).​
Bronco Roof Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.​
Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ’21 Wildtrak?​
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.​
Q: If I want to switch my order to a soft top, when do I need to do this by?​
A: We can expect additional information in the days to come.​
Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ’22?​
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.​

For additional FAQs regarding tops, visit the Ford support pages. The company is continually adding to these resources.
Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interesting... that means that no models will have the Mod top as standard. I think that is the last nail in the coffin of Mod tops. They won't be coming in 2023 or ever is my guess.
Some aftermarket supplier will build a killer hard top in the next two years. Everyone is watching this shit show for hard tops and if they can execute.. well, $$$$$$$$$$$$$

OP
OP
AZBronco73

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak was always MIC top as standard. So now for MY22 it will be soft top standard. Well I still want a MIC top so I guess we will see if the price protection really works since they are moving to MIC as option.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ’21 Wildtrak?
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So then the Wildtrak will have a price decrease to comp for the cheaper top?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
("If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.")
That doesn't sound like the MIC top fiasco will be over next year. So much for being optimistic.

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So then the Wildtrak will have a price decrease to comp for the cheaper top?
Good time for some screenshots of the B&P? I am wondering the same thing about manual with SAS in MY22... should be cheaper than the MY21 Sas with 10s Auto? We can probably count on Ford to try and slip some of that cost back into the B&P in hopes that we don't catch it 🤔

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man- I changed my order to a Badlands after reserving a Wildtrak- due to the MIC top issues. Now I may have to switch back!

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is complete crap. I still plan to hold out to get what I want, even if it means I have to wait longer, so be it. By the time I get my bronco, I might just be able to buy with cash lol!

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wildtrak was always MIC top as standard. So now for MY22 it will be soft top standard. Well I still want a MIC top so I guess we will see if the price protection really works since they are moving to MIC as option.
Agreed. Mic top is what I want
Sponsored