Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So then the Wildtrak will have a price decrease to comp for the cheaper top?
The dealer WT demos that came with a ST had approx. a $600 price adjustment on the window sticker. It stands to reason that MY'22 WT customers that opt for the ST should see the same reduction. But I wouldn't count on it.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrak was always MIC top as standard. So now for MY22 it will be soft top standard. Well I still want a MIC top so I guess we will see if the price protection really works since they are moving to MIC as option.
Same for me... I went with a WildTrak build [over a Badlands] because things I wanted came standard. However, if MY21 WildTrak MIC top is standard, will we have to modify the order to include the MY22 optional MIC...

Wait, I have an idea... what about the Modular Top that was advertised in all the cool videos and show reveals?! For those who have been around long enough, you might recall the WildTrak came standard with the Modular hard top. #thingsthatmakeyougohmmm

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This move means Ford anticipates MIC issues well into the new model year.
Anyone expecting the MIC top to be resolved for MY'22 hasn't been paying attention to this launch. Ford has shelved the highest priced trim (not counting the FE) all because of the MIC for MY'21. They can't leave that money on the table for another year.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ’21 Wildtrak?
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.
Visit your local dealer for one lol. I swear every demo around me for 100 miles is 4 door Wildtrak softop

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, this seems to imply that hardtop issues will extend well into next year, does that mean 2 doors are going to be vaporware until 2023? If so I'll go buy a jeep and trade it in whenever the bronco becomes actually available.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak was always MIC top as standard. So now for MY22 it will be soft top standard. Well I still want a MIC top so I guess we will see if the price protection really works since they are moving to MIC as option.
No.

Wildtrak originally came with a MOD top. When they migrated it to MIC only, it did receive a price decrease. $1k I believe.
Yes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, this seems to imply that hardtop issues will extend well into next year, does that mean 2 doors are going to be vaporware until 2023? If so I'll go buy a jeep and trade it in whenever the bronco becomes actually available.
Ford Bronco News: 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Will Get Soft Top Standard in MY22 uj8.JPG

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't help if Ford won't sell me a 2 door because they can't put a hardtop on it.

They've already said they won't offer a soft top on the 2 door, and there's no way they'll ship it with no top at all, so that means I can't get a 2 door bronco to put the soft top on....

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can someone please explain why the Wildtrak cannot have a soft top on it this year? I mean really. They’re sending them as dealer demos. I just don’t get it. What is so special about the Wildtrak that it can’t have a soft top. It makes zero sense.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Man- I changed my order to a Badlands after reserving a Wildtrak- due to the MIC top issues. Now I may have to switch back!
I did too and got a VIN. But the Q&A says you still won't get a WT with soft top in '21.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went that much farther back in line

ETA: wonder how many will now bail on this trim; what does it offer now besides sports mode over other trims???
Sponsored