Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just went that much farther back in line
Me too. Although maybe enough WT orders will go to soft top and it won't affect me to much. As an early Nov res I never hoped for early 22 anyway. But at this point, I am just hoping I will get a MY22 at all and won't get bumped to MY23

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wildtrak was always MIC top as standard. So now for MY22 it will be soft top standard. Well I still want a MIC top so I guess we will see if the price protection really works since they are moving to MIC as option.
I get it Mark. I hope Ford doesn't screw up the price protection so you can get yours with a hard top. I'm guessing this isn't all about Ford being kind to the customer. Moving to a standard soft top on the Wildtrak will also show a profit for Ford. We know the hard top will be an extra cost option for those ordering a Wildtrak from here on out.

Last edited:

Swimdc

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5 (prev - FJ, sold thinking I’d see Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, I’d probably do the soft top on my WT if it was the Bestop version. Not a fan of the stock version

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did too and got a VIN. But the Q&A says you still won't get a WT with soft top in '21.
I’m a late orderer so I’m well into 2022 anyway!

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This move means Ford anticipates MIC issues well into the new model year.
Lordy I hope not. The bride, and I have talked about changing to a soft top to get ours built, but with the news we decided to stick it out. I know mine will be a '22 with my late res date, but damn I don't want it to be a '23 because of that dang MIC top.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone please explain why the Wildtrak cannot have a soft top on it this year? I mean really. They’re sending them as dealer demos. I just don’t get it. What is so special about the Wildtrak that it can’t have a soft top. It makes zero sense.
I don't know shit from shinola but I'm guessing it has something to with Ford never offering that MY '21 model in that configuration. It's not hard for me to imagine some government paperwork or testing or something that would have had to have been done or check-boxed prior to them being built.

If that's really the case though you would think they would allow Dirt Mountain Big Bend and Badlands Broncos to be switched to a soft top since those models were originally offered with a soft top.

They could even be documented as Job #2 vehicles since they will have been built with the hardtop accoutrements.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

interesting... that means that no models will have the Mod top as standard. I think that is the last nail in the coffin of Mod tops. They won't be coming in 2023 or ever is my guess.
That would be a long shot to cancel the MODs altogether. How many shiny painted tops do you see on the Jeeps? Quite a few. Far more Painted than MIC in my neck of the woods anyway. Maybe even more painted Jeep tops than soft.

ravenb99

First Edition
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yet still no soft top ability for FE. Still would rather just get the truck now with a soft top instead of waiting til best case scenario Nov/Dec probably?

They already stated that unless you had FE you weren't getting hard top this year. So what will there be?? like less than 10k hardtops for 2021?. Assuming 3k or so of the 4door FE haven't been made (just guessing) and the 6k or so that need to be replaced to date?

Rather just take the soft and get an aftermarket hardtop later on at this point. I don't get why they haven't given the option at least. They were afterall called first editions. Not last minute 2021 editions.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can someone please explain why the Wildtrak cannot have a soft top on it this year? I mean really. They’re sending them as dealer demos. I just don’t get it. What is so special about the Wildtrak that it can’t have a soft top. It makes zero sense.
Changing the price that’s already been set, adding complexity etc. isn’t going to help while Ford is trying to get things rolling for the next few months. Adding it for a new model year makes a lot more sense since those things are going to be changing anyways. (Also with other commodity restraints even if they did allow wildtrak soft tops for 2021, who knows how many they’d even be able to build.)

I’m all for this as long as they drop the price by the $695. Options are good! Although the take rate will still be low I assume especially for a $50k+ Bronco build.

Also, egg on my face since this was one of the most requested questions for the livestream. Ford evidently got the message 😉

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would be a long shot to cancel the MODs altogether. How many shiny painted tops do you see on the Jeeps? Quite a few. Far more Painted than MIC in my neck of the woods anyway. Maybe even more painted Jeep tops than soft.
The painted top in a money maker for Jeep. My plain old standard hard top Jeep is a unicorn in my area. There's a lot of painted top Jeeps (with the $3K sky roof) running around. You would think that Ford would not want to miss out on the profit that can be made with the painted top.

Last edited:

702_SR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Originally, soft tops weren't available on WT's.

Going forward, soft tops will be standard on WT's.

Have I got that right?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is good news if you want a wildtrak. And you can get a hardtop later.
I guess this will be the one bright side to if I get pushed to MY22
Sponsored