Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must be a little slow... I just drove a WT with a softie... 4-door.
Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is good news if you want a wildtrak. And you can get a hardtop later.
Yeah but Ford should tell you how much that hard top is going to cost you. Be upfront and let people know so they can make an educated decision. Put a price freeze on it for people who reserved or ordered by a certain date even. It’s not rocket science.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interesting... that means that no models will have the Mod top as standard. I think that is the last nail in the coffin of Mod tops. They won't be coming in 2023 or ever is my guess.
I don't believe any Wrangler comes standard with their painted top either but it's still a popular option. They'll be coming eventually. Sooner than later if Ford is smart.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If ford did not do this then no one would get a wildtrak in 2022. The wildtrak trim is a lot of $$ so Ford wanted to make it available. Makes a lot of business sense.

I guess this will be the one bright side to if I get pushed to MY22

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
("If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.")
That doesn't sound like the MIC top fiasco will be over next year. So much for being optimistic.
Yep, the hardtop situation is a ways from being solved. I never bought into the Oct 2021 claims. Probably Oct will see only a handful of improved MIC tops. And I wonder how well the improvements will work out.

ravenb99

First Edition
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It was one click and like 30 seconds when we were forced to change the painted top to mic top. How could this be any different downgrading from mic to soft top? still selling a higher priced truck then the lower trims with a soft top.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah but Ford should tell you how much that hard top is going to cost you. Be upfront and let people know so they can make an educated decision. Put a price freeze on it for people who reserved or ordered by a certain date even. It’s not rocket science.
The order banks for MY22 are not open yet so those things can't be publicized. I think that Ford is doing what people always say they don't do - they are communicating! If they did this 9/13 B&P everyone would be freaking out. I get they make their share of mistakes, but damn, they can't win with this group.

MNalls

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to an article on Bronco Nation, Bronco Wildtrak with Soft Top Now Standard in MY22

Ford Bronco News: 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Will Get Soft Top Standard in MY22 77c88abc-0c10-409d-bdbd-1b9050165978_text

BREAKING: BRONCO WILDTRAK WITH SOFT TOP NOW STANDARD IN MY22
Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. So far, the Wildtrak trim has only been available with a hard top for both 2- and 4-door units. The hard top prep kit will be included, and the previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option.​
In an apparent effort to lower complexity and remove constraints, Ford announced the 2022 model year move to dealers today. Although the 2021 model year is likely to run late into the fourth quarter, dealers and consumers are expected to see additional news related to 2022 model year changes over the next few days.​
Greatest of All Tops?
Currently, unscheduled orders with hard tops have been moved to MY22. Additionally, Ford announced last week that consumers with hard tops will be offered a replacement. Who would have thought when the 2021 Bronco was revealed a year ago that the focus of the launch would be a molded top?​
So with an unprecedented 125,000 Bronco orders in the bank, this news on a popular model should begin to ease production concerns.​
This is the latest move Ford has taken to alleviate address hard top issues, other items the company has offered include:​
  • Exclusive promotional items (such as the design development poster)
    • Invites to exclusive Ride and Drive events
    • Invite to Off-Roadeo ahead of vehicle delivery
    • $250 voucher to Off-Roadeo
    • Up to $1,100 in FordPass rewards points
    • Price protection until ’23
    • Free hard top prep kit
    • Free NVH headliner
We expect an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have built units held at the assembly plant (September timing estimate), and an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have been scheduled (October timing estimate).​
Bronco Roof Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.​
Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ’21 Wildtrak?​
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.​
Q: If I want to switch my order to a soft top, when do I need to do this by?​
A: We can expect additional information in the days to come.​
Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ’22?​
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.​

For additional FAQs regarding tops, visit the Ford support pages. The company is continually adding to these resources.
Is that Wildtrack Lighting Blue? I thought that color only came on the FE model. Or is it Velocity Blue and the lighting is just making it look darker?

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You get baja mode with the wildtrak.

Isn't it Sport mode you get and Baja on the Badlands.....I'm not a WT guy, so not completely sure.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond