indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that Wildtrack Lighting Blue? I thought that color only came on the FE model. Or is it Velocity Blue and the lighting is just making it look darker?
All I know is I keep seeing Velocity Blue shown on Bronco special theme versions and announcements for 2022. So I should assume Velocity Blue color will be available for MY22?
Sponsored

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would take my 2-door Bronco now without any top, and order the aftermarket Best top softtop with it; I was going to do that anyway, for the summer. Happy to wait for the hard top to come later! Unlikely to happen, I get it, but I am certainly not the only one who would do this.

Sponsored

ThePiper

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You get baja mode with the wildtrak.

You also get the painted front grill, mirror caps, and door handles. And the black painted Bronco on the tail gate is a nice touch. If those came on the Badlands, then that is what I would have ordered. Oh wait, then it would be a FE. It came down to painted parts over the stay bar disco for me. Could care less about Baja mode. Someone will come out with a programmer that will unlock all those modes in the software eventually.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WT doesn’t get rock crawl mode

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, that's a not-so-subtle hint that the top situation will run into MY22.

BroncoBaugh

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
According to an article on Bronco Nation, Bronco Wildtrak with Soft Top Now Standard in MY22

Ford Wildtrack Bronco Soft Top.png

BREAKING: BRONCO WILDTRAK WITH SOFT TOP NOW STANDARD IN MY22
Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. So far, the Wildtrak trim has only been available with a hard top for both 2- and 4-door units. The hard top prep kit will be included, and the previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option.​
In an apparent effort to lower complexity and remove constraints, Ford announced the 2022 model year move to dealers today. Although the 2021 model year is likely to run late into the fourth quarter, dealers and consumers are expected to see additional news related to 2022 model year changes over the next few days.​
Greatest of All Tops?
Currently, unscheduled orders with hard tops have been moved to MY22. Additionally, Ford announced last week that consumers with hard tops will be offered a replacement. Who would have thought when the 2021 Bronco was revealed a year ago that the focus of the launch would be a molded top?​
So with an unprecedented 125,000 Bronco orders in the bank, this news on a popular model should begin to ease production concerns.​
This is the latest move Ford has taken to alleviate address hard top issues, other items the company has offered include:​
  • Exclusive promotional items (such as the design development poster)
    • Invites to exclusive Ride and Drive events
    • Invite to Off-Roadeo ahead of vehicle delivery
    • $250 voucher to Off-Roadeo
    • Up to $1,100 in FordPass rewards points
    • Price protection until ’23
    • Free hard top prep kit
    • Free NVH headliner
We expect an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have built units held at the assembly plant (September timing estimate), and an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have been scheduled (October timing estimate).​
Bronco Roof Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.​
Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ’21 Wildtrak?​
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.​
Q: If I want to switch my order to a soft top, when do I need to do this by?​
A: We can expect additional information in the days to come.​
Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ’22?​
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.​

For additional FAQs regarding tops, visit the Ford support pages. The company is continually adding to these resources.
Ford Bronco News: 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Will Get Soft Top Standard in MY22 1629407990656

The above from Ford dealer today, switching to soft top conflicts with many other options i chose...a real mess.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Raptor has baja mode since 2017 and no one has been able to add it to the f150 so don’t bet on anyone adding drive modes to a vehicle that did not come with it from the factory.

Someone will come out with a programmer that will unlock all those modes in the software eventually.

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All I know is I keep seeing Velocity Blue shown on Bronco special theme versions and announcements for 2022. So I should assume Velocity Blue color will be available for MY22?
That is what I thought. Until I watched the Bronco Nation video on this they filmed in "early February" So it is clear this was supposed to be a '21 thing but they delayed it.

More and more it sounds like no blue in '22.

ThePiper

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Raptor has baja mode since 2017 and no one has been able to add it to the f150 so don’t bet on anyone adding drive modes to a vehicle that did not come with it from the factory.
Perhaps, but the Raptor is a bit more special than the standard F150. Really not much difference in the Broncos mechanically.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is trash. This definitely killed off switching to a 4 door for me. I’ll be damned if they start making soft tops standard for 2dr models, I’ll be out.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yet this is what they should do. Let me spend my money on a top made by a 3rd party who actually knows how to make tops.
I concur, I would take my Bronco and throw an aftermarket top on it in a heartbeat, but I just don’t see Ford doing that.
Sponsored