Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Clubs

More bad news....

This article has been updated with new information that has been confirmed to Bronco Nation by Ford Motor Company, namely, that the dual top option for the 2021 Ford Bronco has now been categorized as “Late Availability”.

Bronco brand has announced some important news related to roof options on the 2021 Bronco 2-door and 4-door models, confirming to Bronco Nation that the option for a dual top will now be late availability.

As reported previously, the top two series, the First Edition and Wildtrak™ models will only be available at launch with molded‑in‑color hardtops. The black‑painted modular hardtop roof, which was previously standard, will now be a late‑availability option for the 2021 model year, and will be offered to Wildtrak™ and First Edition series customers who are willing to wait.

As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option. Removeable driver and passenger first row and second row sections as well as the rear cap functionality (see Figure 1) remains to provide open air driving. 2-Door open air driving can be achieved by removing the front section (see Figure 2).

roof.jpg

Figure 1: Overhead View of 4-door MIC and Modular roof

short-roof-diagram-for-the-ford-bronco-2.jpg

Figure 2: Overhead view of 2-door MIC and Modular Hardtop

Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door reservation holders will be given the choice of taking the mold-in-color option when the order conversion process begins in December. Alternatively, reservation holders can choose to wait for the black-painted modular hard top when it comes available. In addition to the black painted finish, the modular top allows for the removal of the rear-quarter glass in Bronco 2- and 4-doors models and on 2-door models only, adds another panel to the rear cap.

Bronco brand has indicated that initial reservation time stamp will continue to be honored. We are not sure what this will do for those choosing to wait except to ensure your place in line.

See below for top availability by model (UPDATED).

chart-for-roof-types.jpg

ord-Bronco-Badlands-With-Black-Cloth-Soft-Top-Roof.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With Black Cloth Soft-Top Roof Option
rd-Bronco-Outer-Banks-With-Carbonized-Grey-MIC-Top.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks With Carbonized Grey MIC Top
adlands-With-High-Gloss-Black-Painted-Modular-Roof.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With High Gloss Black Painted Modular Roof

Advertisement

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.MattBostonDesign.com
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Clubs

Wait. So I'm NOT forced into getting MIC top and CAN wait for Modular Black on FE?

I thought the refunded the price of the Modular Black because we HAD to take MIC at order?

Used2jeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

Wait. So I'm NOT forced into getting MIC top and CAN wait for Modular Black on FE?

I thought the refunded the price of the Modular Black because we HAD to take MIC at order?
That wording is awkward on B-N. I bet the Modular, 1495 (or whatever) was removed but if you choose to wait then you will be charged then that few gets out back on your vehicle price. You just get to wait for the fancier top(s).

JAG

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Wait, so if I order and just get the soft top, no delay
If I order and just get the MIG top, no delay

If I order both, delay...

Does that make zero sense to anyone else?

OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Clubs

If you decide to wait you can get pretty much anything you want. Just a matter of how long you wait. White tops, black tops, dual tops, tailgate tray.

OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Clubs

This should surprise no one. The modular roof is late availability. Dual tops includes the modular roof. Therefore ....
Nope. There is an option to order MIC and soft top. Which both are available immediately just not at the same time.

McCracken

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4
Clubs

Interesting comment here.
"As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option."

So I can get a soft top now, and buy a painted black top after for $1,895?

Apples

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing. Come On Bronco!!

Dual tops never included the MIC top. It was for the modular top plus the soft top.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
"As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option."

No, you forgot to underline option.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150

No pretty sure you could always get it if you wanted it bad enough to wait. Like probably this time next year wait. Same if you wanted the dual top option but now it’s in any configuration (used to be MOD) If you want just MIC or just soft you’re still in line.

Beach_Bum

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

The factory retail price is $1895. To buy it through your dealership will be much more for freight delivery and dealer install..

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250

I think it shows they are worried about supply issues on the tops, and don't want to give anyone both until the supply chain is strong.

Advertisement

Advertisement