Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something just hit me like a ton of bricks. I went back to the Ford website to Build Your Bronco. I looked at the WildTrak because that's what I reserved. The top picture shows the WT with a Black Dual Top. If the WT is coming with a gray top, how come Ford isn't showing the new configuration? As the adage goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions", I know Ford is trying to get everybody excited about their products, but deceptive promotions could result in a class action lawsuit.
Where are you seeing that? It's the gray MIC on the build & price site.
Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So true! Jeanella with www.mytop.us already sent me a response that they will be working on the automatic tops as well for the new Bronco. it's at least an option.
Love that automatic mytop. Going to get the MIC hardtop at first delivery and then maybe get the mytop when available. Thanks for the idea.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford just doesn’t want to limit volume based on not having enough tops to go around.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where are you seeing that? It's the gray MIC on the build & price site.
My apologies for getting back with you this late.

I was looking at the picture of the WT when you select Build Your Bronco. Also, when start the build with the color options. To me, the WT is a Black Dual Top.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My apologies for getting back with you this late.

I was looking at the picture of the WT when you select Build Your Bronco. Also, when start the build with the color options. To me, the WT is a Black Dual Top.
No worries. It's the gray MIC in all the B&P pics (y)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When they mentioned"be careful you don't drop the bolts into the wheel well", yeah, couldn't they think of a bit better way to attach that soft top? Or at least a way to retrieve the bolts?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When they mentioned"be careful you don't drop the bolts into the wheel well", yeah, couldn't they think of a bit better way to attach that soft top? Or at least a way to retrieve the bolts?
I dunno. I like that they're hidden and it doesn't have the door surrounds like on a Jeep. Cleaner look.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dunno. I like that they're hidden and it doesn't have the door surrounds like on a Jeep. Cleaner look.
That is true. It just seemed, awkward might be the word.

Sponsored

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From linked page:
1605820958477.png

From the Bronco specs page:
1605821059090.png
This is another example of Ford's very disappointing and unacceptable planning and supplier network. If you can't provide Soft Top and Hard Top (AKA Dual Tops) at launch you have either a planning or supplier issue - Both of which are Fords responsibility. I don't what to be negative Nelly here, but personally I wanted both tops (Painted Black and Soft Top) and got my hopes up for that because YOU (Ford) announced that it would be an option. I hate to break it to you but "Late Availability" means a failure occurred. Do a "five why" exercise and figure out where your weak link is (and think hard about whether or not that weak link should continue to be a part of the Ford Organization). You have several unhappy (potential) customers. I am one of them.

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I even saw a dealership promoting jay Leno concept as the bronco which is coming... Some people might be pissed when they receive it if dont follow
The whole Tops issue has been a cluster #$!%. Not only can you now NOT have Dual Tops which was previously announced an an option ( and would have given us some form of a Black Top), if you get a hard top, it will be an off tone grey color. Hello...knock...knock...knock....Is anybody listening? What are you thinking?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like I said, Ford should just delay the launch until they get their supplier network figured out. All of this “late availability” crap is starting to get on peoples nerves including mine.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Essential Soft Top bolt retrieval tool, please deposit my licensing fee to PayPal account# 123456789.

Magnetic Flex Lighted Pick Up Tool

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Last edited:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's nothing to "figure out" Covid has seriously screwed things up, especially since most of the machinery in the plant is from Europe. We're less than 4 months from launch and we don't even have all of the equipment installed yet.
Then delay the launch until they get the equipment in and running efficiently enough so there are no “late availability” issues anymore. Companies all over the world are having to make sacrifices due to Covid. Ford isn’t any different in that regard.
Sponsored