BroncoGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It won't resolve the Top issue. That train wreck has already left the station. A Five Why SHOULD point to and zero in on accountability and failure of the responsible party, and should ultimately result in termination of the person who screwed it up so they don't screw up things in the future.
5Why completed - Covid to blame.

Also, no real company uses a simple 5Why to problem solve, the standard these days is an 8D.

BroncoGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Covid is no longer a credible response to the numerous ways Ford has managed to shoot themselves in the foot.
Covid is still a huge factor in the issues being faced with this launch. Not only are you dealing with outbreaks that take employees out of the game, you struggle with getting the support out of Europe due to restrictions on international travel.

williamoneal

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-250
5Why completed - Covid to blame.

Also, no real company uses a simple 5Why to problem solve, the standard these days is an 8D.
Or they can use the 14YO.

AKA - My 14 year old asking ME why they would publish the Dual Top Option for the buyers for months, and less than 30 days out say they are not offering that option. She can't understand it, and I have no good answer for her. She is also asking why they are showing advertisements with Black shiny Tops they don't sell. 5 why and 8D's are irrelevant when a 14 YO can see the problem.

williamoneal

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-250
Covid is still a huge factor in the issues being faced with this launch. Not only are you dealing with outbreaks that take employees out of the game, you struggle with getting the support out of Europe due to restrictions on international travel.
Totally agree that: Covid is no longer a credible response to the numerous ways Ford has managed to shoot themselves in the foot.

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Correct in part, but we are talking screw-ups, which are to numerous to list. You don't even have to mention B&P "by September", let's just take Bronco Nation, that is a Keystone Cops outfit, it has nothing to do with Covid.

williamoneal

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-250
Correct in part, but we are talking screw-ups, which are to numerous to list. You don't even have to mention B&P "by September", let's just take Bronco Nation, that is a Keystone Cops outfit, it has nothing to do with Covid.
Agree - Covid is not an excuse for poor communication.

Used2jeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

Used2jeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Zack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU
Clubs

Like I said, Ford should just delay the launch until they get their supplier network figured out. All of this “late availability” crap is starting to get on peoples nerves including mine.

Then delay the launch until they get the equipment in and running efficiently enough so there are no “late availability” issues anymore. Companies all over the world are having to make sacrifices due to Covid. Ford isn’t any different in that regard.
Alright, I’ve got an idea, but you’re gonna have to hear me out:

What if Ford delays the release until they have all the items at full availability. Full stop, you’re not gonna be able to buy a Bronco until they’re able to ship it with, say, a Modular Top (for example).

But then, they announce some “early availability” items, since they are sitting on *some* capacity. That way, “early adopters” who were say, okay with the MIC (in the above example), could order and receive these limited Broncos before everyone else. Price you pay to be the first on your block with the new Bronco!

That gets Broncos out the doors sooner, enables Ford to maximize the total MY21 builds, and everyone gets their particular Bronco orders as soon as possible without having to wait on parts they dont want?

Last edited:

dcg2

First Edition
First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Clubs

The part I still can't wrap my head around is forcing FE and WT buyers to take the MIC top.

Let them order a soft top and get the car and get their mod top later WITH an additional freight charge if you want to make your customers pay for your poor planning.

At least give them the choice of waiting or not.

This has forced me to downgrade to a Badlands. I'm not buying a top I don't want. Period. Oh and since I've moved to a Badlands, I'm getting the MGV interior because I don't need power seats.

Way to leave money laying on the table Ford!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

The real question is do you use an October reservation ,counting on the fact that it will probably be a 2022 model and that you will be able to order a matching colored hardtop and maybe different interior options or do you use your July 14 reservation with a black modular top and hope for a 2021 model OR do you simply wait until the 2022 options come out and order then.

Advertisement

Advertisement