Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never had issue picking up large things from a dealership. Only thing I will say is if it’s ordered with a soft tip and you buy a hard top later is the bronco wired for rear defrost in wiper if it didn’t come with a hard top first? That’s the question.
Yes the wiring/plumbing will be plugged into dummy ports in the rear cargo area. I don't see a problem with picking up a part. But again, no dealership that is mindful of liability will allow a customer to install a part on their property. If you have a way of picking it up, then you shouldn't have to pay for the install.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, I’ve got an idea, but you’re gonna have to hear me out:

What if Ford delays the release until they have all the items at full availability. Full stop, you’re not gonna be able to buy a Bronco until they’re able to ship it with, say, a Modular Top (for example).

But then, they announce some “early availability” items, since they are sitting on *some* capacity. That way, “early adopters” who were say, okay with the MIC (in the above example), could order and receive these limited Broncos before everyone else. Price you pay to be the first on your block with the new Bronco!

That gets Broncos out the doors sooner, enables Ford to maximize the total MY21 builds, and everyone gets their particular Bronco orders as soon as possible without having to wait on parts they dont want?
I think Ford should delay until absolutely every complaint on every social media outlet is addressed to the satisfaction of the complainer. So, until there's an ability to order a white-roofed modular top (with soft top, too) in a 2.7L manual w/Sasquatch power-seat MGV (light colored, of course) interior and all options in each package available to order individually and the sway bar disco is made available on non-BL trims . . . don't build one damn Bronco! Then everyone should be happy, right?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never had issue picking up large things from a dealership. Only thing I will say is if it’s ordered with a soft tip and you buy a hard top later is the bronco wired for rear defrost in wiper if it didn’t come with a hard top first? That’s the question.
The defroster washer question has been answered in several threads and includes pics of them being present.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The defroster washer question has been answered in several threads and includes pics of them being present.
On production models? Ok cool I just thought everything out there was factory demos.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a type of plastic.
Okay. So I can have an MIC top or an MIC top that has been painted. I am inclined to just get the MIC top. If I want to change the color, we can always vinyl wrap it or paint it. I would like to know more about the painted top.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay. So I can have an MIC top or an MIC top that has been painted. I am inclined to just get the MIC top. If I want to change the color, we can always vinyl wrap it or paint it. I would like to know more about the painted top.
MIC is literally a molded in color thermoplastic. It’s not painted, and wrapping it could prove difficult because of its molded texture.

The modular top is smooth, painted, and would be able to be wrapped or sanded and repainted in a more traditional manner.

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability ACA64A0D-4C4C-40F4-97CD-D00B5D291725

Go_PRE

Wildtrak
First Name
PRE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali/BMW 750
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know I have seen some comments on this question in other posts but still confused. On the Badlands trim, where MIC and Soft top are available options, why is it late availability to order both? Is it due to a shortage?

Very confused.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably... There are a lot of supply chain issues for manufacturers with the virus and all.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I have seen some comments on this question in other posts but still confused. On the Badlands trim, where MIC and Soft top are available options, why is it late availability to order both? Is it due to a shortage?

Very confused.
Basically, they don’t want to delay delivering an entire built Bronco to someone just because they are short a top that someone else bought two of.

Kind of like, you can go up for seconds, but only after everyone else has had their first serving.

Once top production is at full speed, and initial demand is addressed, I’m sure the dual top option will become immediately available to order.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok dang dual top was kind of interesting but I’ll just stick with my plan for soft top.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since this thread was resurrected, there needs to be a correction on information posted above that we have learned in the interim. I and others made statements at the time that the plumbing and electrical hook-ups will be present if ordering a soft top from the factory and accepting delivery of a hard top later.

Since those statements were written, Ford has clarified that if a soft top is ordered from the factory then the plumbing/electrical hook-ups won't be included on those builds. Only Broncos ordered with a factory installed hard-top includes the aforementioned hardware.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok thanks more to think about @Beach_Bum. I pretty well unplugged from this site for most of December. Not much new but sounds like I missed a couple things.

I wonder what that means for hard top after. I’m pretty well set on soft top but that may be the minority and resale comes to mind if more expensive install/kit.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since this thread was resurrected, there needs to be a correction on information posted above that we have learned in the interim. I and others made statements at the time that the plumbing and electrical hook-ups will be present if ordering a soft top from the factory and accepting delivery of a hard top later.

Since those statements were written, Ford has clarified that if a soft top is ordered from the factory then the plumbing/electrical hook-ups won't be included on those builds. Only Broncos ordered with a factory installed hard-top includes the aforementioned hardware.
I'm curious where this was confirmed as fact? It sounds like the usual that gets mentioned enough that it becomes fact even when it's wrong. The soft top removal video shows them present on a Bronco built with a soft top.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited: