Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm curious where this was confirmed as fact? It sounds like the usual that gets mentioned enough that it becomes fact even when it's wrong. The soft top removal video shows them present on a Bronco built with a soft top.
There was a larger bitch session on hard/soft tops. But I had to go back a few pages and found a redundant thread with less bitching, but a screen capture of the summary of the Q/A.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok thanks more to think about @Beach_Bum. I pretty well unplugged from this site for most of December. Not much new but sounds like I missed a couple things.

I wonder what that means for hard top after. I’m pretty well set on soft top but that may be the minority and resale comes to mind if more expensive install/kit.
If I were considering adding either top (soft/mic/mod) later then I would check the Jeep prices for a ballpark. LSS - right now (and assuming Jeep numbers are fairly comparable) then the dual top is the way to go IF you wanted both at any time. The soft top for Jeep ~$1500 and the mic style is ~$3500. (Don't flame, it's rough numbers that I found a few weeks back)

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like confusion from BN. They say it will be available on late builds with dual tops, but show the operation of a pre pro soft top build with them installed.
Nah, they were clearly just showing a pre pro bronco that had been ordered with the "dual tops".

;)

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s just stupid that it doesn’t come plumbed and electrically ready for a hard top. They should all be the same Broncos. I mean really how much more could it possible be to wire and plumb them all ? Dumb.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Bronc-O I only responded and put the disclaimer to this thread as it was recently resurrected from the dust bin. At the time, the discussion on this thread had morphed into some opting for a soft top from the factory and getting hard top delivered under the premise that their build will be quicker. Information was conveyed by me and others that indicated that the plumbing/hardware would be included.

Weeks later, it was revealed that the factory soft top only option would eliminate the plumbing/wiring for a hard top. But in only a few weeks from when that announcement was made, this thread was already consigned to the dust bin.

I felt that because there was wrong information posted at an earlier time, that it was only proper to correct that misinformation. If a buyer is getting a factory dual-top option, then there is no worries as the the plumbing/wiring will be present.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like confusion from BN. They say it will be available on late builds with dual tops, but show the operation of a pre pro soft top build with them installed.
I think that’s what makes all of this so confusing at times.

there is no one authoritative source for all the Bronco info :(

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that’s what makes all of this so confusing at times.

there is no one authoritative source for all the Bronco info :(
The sad thing is that I wasn't all that invested on the soft top/hard top build options. But it was in that Q/A in mid-December that it was finally confirmed that the Signature Lighting option on BB included both headlights/taillights. That was a constant point of confusion with multiple threads that had no definitive answer until mid-December. I think everyone will agree that Ford's communication has not met expectations.
Sponsored