Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More bad news.... From Bronco Nation:

This article has been updated with new information that has been confirmed to Bronco Nation by Ford Motor Company, namely, that the dual top option for the 2021 Ford Bronco has now been categorized as “Late Availability”.

Bronco brand has announced some important news related to roof options on the 2021 Bronco 2-door and 4-door models, confirming to Bronco Nation that the option for a dual top will now be late availability.

As reported previously, the top two series, the First Edition and Wildtrak™ models will only be available at launch with molded‑in‑color hardtops. The black‑painted modular hardtop roof, which was previously standard, will now be a late‑availability option for the 2021 model year, and will be offered to Wildtrak™ and First Edition series customers who are willing to wait.

As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option. Removeable driver and passenger first row and second row sections as well as the rear cap functionality (see Figure 1) remains to provide open air driving. 2-Door open air driving can be achieved by removing the front section (see Figure 2).

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability roof

Figure 1: Overhead View of 4-door MIC and Modular roof

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability Figure2-short-roof-diagram-for-the-ford-bronco-2

Figure 2: Overhead view of 2-door MIC and Modular Hardtop

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability figure3-overhead-view-of-hart-to

Figure 3: Overhead view of Modular Hard Top

Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door reservation holders will be given the choice of taking the mold-in-color option when the order conversion process begins in December. Alternatively, reservation holders can choose to wait for the black-painted modular hard top when it comes available. In addition to the black painted finish, the modular top allows for the removal of the rear-quarter glass in Bronco 2- and 4-doors models and on 2-door models only, adds another panel to the rear cap.

Bronco brand has indicated that initial reservation time stamp will continue to be honored. We are not sure what this will do for those choosing to wait except to ensure your place in line.

See below for top availability by model (UPDATED).

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability bronco-top-availability-by-model

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability 2021-Ford-Bronco-Badlands-With-Black-Cloth-Soft-Top-Roof

2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With Black Cloth Soft-Top Roof Option

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability 2021-Ford-Bronco-Outer-Banks-With-Carbonized-Grey-MIC-To

2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks With Carbonized Grey MIC Top

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability 2021-Ford-Bronco-Badlands-With-High-Gloss-Black-Painted-Modular-Roof

2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With High Gloss Black Painted Modular Roof
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wait. So I'm NOT forced into getting MIC top and CAN wait for Modular Black on FE?

I thought the refunded the price of the Modular Black because we HAD to take MIC at order?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love just keeps on coming.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only thing I see new is that it seems to confirm we can wait for the good top which is what I wanted to do. After seeing the pic of the mod top, I know I'd never be happy with the MIC.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This should surprise no one. The modular roof is late availability. Dual tops includes the modular roof. Therefore ....

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait. So I'm NOT forced into getting MIC top and CAN wait for Modular Black on FE?

I thought the refunded the price of the Modular Black because we HAD to take MIC at order?
That wording is awkward on B-N. I bet the Modular, 1495 (or whatever) was removed but if you choose to wait then you will be charged then that few gets out back on your vehicle price. You just get to wait for the fancier top(s).

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you decide to wait you can get pretty much anything you want. Just a matter of how long you wait. White tops, black tops, dual tops, tailgate tray.

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This should surprise no one. The modular roof is late availability. Dual tops includes the modular roof. Therefore ....
Nope. There is an option to order MIC and soft top. Which both are available immediately just not at the same time.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting comment here.
"As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option."

So I can get a soft top now, and buy a painted black top after for $1,895?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dual tops never included the MIC top. It was for the modular top plus the soft top.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option."

No, you forgot to underline option.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No pretty sure you could always get it if you wanted it bad enough to wait. Like probably this time next year wait. Same if you wanted the dual top option but now it’s in any configuration (used to be MOD) If you want just MIC or just soft you’re still in line.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The factory retail price is $1895. To buy it through your dealership will be much more for freight delivery and dealer install..