IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. I didn't word it appropriately. No one should expect to order a Mod Top from the dealer for $1895.
Yes I can. I like dreaming and being disappointed. That is why I reserved a Bronco on July 13 and believed everything Ford showed in the reveal.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea if there is a significant weight difference or sound deadening difference between the materials?
Modular top is estimated to weigh 50% more than the MIC, and is anticipated to provide more sound deadening as well.

Sorry, I think I'm confused lol... What is the difference between the modular roof and the dual tops? Is the dual top just the soft top and MIC top combo? The modular roof is the combination of 5 different roof panels, right? Someone correct me where I'm wrong :ROFLMAO:

I'm just trying to figure out what the bad news is about this announcement!
"Dual top" just means that you are ordering both the soft top and a hard top. According to the article, you can choose either the MIC or the Modular hard top as part of your dual top order.

Also, I was waiting to see if I had to post this in this thread:

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability Top Differences

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I think I'm confused lol... What is the difference between the modular roof and the dual tops? Is the dual top just the soft top and MIC top combo? The modular roof is the combination of 5 different roof panels, right? Someone correct me where I'm wrong :ROFLMAO:

I'm just trying to figure out what the bad news is about this announcement!
The MOD TOP includes everything with the MIC top (4 pieces-Front L/R, middle (gun turret) piece, and the back clamshell), plus the two pop-out back, side windows

Dual tops is either the MOD Top or MIC Top, with a Soft Top

Someone let me know if that's right, but I'm fairly certain

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The clarification we need - and Ford/ BN doesn't seem to give us - is if we'll be able to still select these late avail options at the time we convert orders next month if we're willing to accept a delivery delay.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's...... Exactly not how global supply chain manufacturing works.

This is an OPTION to a product. The product itself is perfectly fine and ready for production.

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Modular top is estimated to weigh 50% more than the MIC, and is anticipated to provide more sound deadening as well.

"Dual top" just means that you are ordering both the soft top and a hard top. According to the article, you can choose either the MIC or the Modular hard top as part of your dual top order.

Much better description, thanks

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that's a big weight difference high up on the vehicle, I plan to mount some crap on the roof so MIC makes a lot more sense. Plus what really want is a WHITE hardtop, and I bet one becomes available through either Ford or the aftermarket in the not too distant future... I just hope it isn't too much heavier than the MIC top ??‍♂

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's a big weight difference high up on the vehicle, I plan to mount some crap on the roof so MIC makes a lot more sense. Plus what really want is a WHITE hardtop, and I bet one becomes available through either Ford or the aftermarket in the not too distant future... I just hope it isn't too much heavier than the MIC top ??‍♂
Well, first off, that was just an estimation I remember hearing, so take it with a grain of salt, and also, it's a percentage, so it's not necessarily a large amount of weight... all depends on how heavy the MIC is. ;)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Zack, it is efficient that you took a screenshot of your original typed out explanation. It should be pinned whenever a hardtop discussion is had. But the summary of the total number of component pieces on the 2-dr Mod Top should be 4. (Rear clam shell, gunner's hatch, front driver's side, and front passenger side)

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The clarification we need - and Ford/ BN doesn't seem to give us - is if we'll be able to still select these late avail options at the time we convert orders next month if we're willing to accept a delivery delay.
This from the article makes it sound like you would specify you want the Modular at time of order and they would basically put your order on hold until the part becomes available.

"Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door reservation holders will be given the choice of taking the mold-in-color option when the order conversion process begins in December. Alternatively, reservation holders can choose to wait for the black-painted modular hard top when it comes available. In addition to the black painted finish, the modular top allows for the removal of the rear-quarter glass in Bronco 2- and 4-doors models and on 2-door models only, adds another panel to the rear cap.

Bronco brand has indicated that initial reservation time stamp will continue to be honored. We are not sure what this will do for those choosing to wait except to ensure your place in line."

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the 2 door modular top also got the "gun turret" hatch above the second row as well.
Straighten me out here.
It did but it got eliminated due to GVWR limitations like the roof racks with a 2.7.

Here's a picture of them testing it.
Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability 636066389097986554-2109-NY-1179

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait. So I'm NOT forced into getting MIC top and CAN wait for Modular Black on FE?

I thought the refunded the price of the Modular Black because we HAD to take MIC at order?
The email Ford put out a while back already said you can wait
Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability Screenshot_20201116-213249_Edge

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait wait wait...
2-door MIC is only 2 parts????
Wasn’t that expected to be 3 pieces?
I want more clear info on this also. I wonder why the change?
Sponsored