Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand why everyone is hung up on this gloss black top that will be taken off and scuffed and scratched and have to be polished and waxed and all that fun stuff. I for one can’t wait to have a top that I can take off and maybe let my dog use it in the yard for shade, put that Bimini top on and fly. Water proof seats and a rubber floor, come to Papa little Bronco!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zack, it is efficient that you took a screenshot of your original typed out explanation. It should be pinned whenever a hardtop discussion is had. But the summary of the total number of component pieces on the 2-dr Mod Top should be 4. (Rear clam shell, gunner's hatch, front driver's side, and front passenger side)
You forgot the removable rear windows.

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They only mention the shadow black modular hard top. I’m waiting to get a body color hard top, I wonder if that’s still late availability and we have the option wait, or if it’s for MY 22.

Sponsored

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand why everyone is hung up on this gloss black top that will be taken off and scuffed and scratched and have to be polished and waxed and all that fun stuff. I for one can’t wait to have a top that I can take off and maybe let my dog use it in the yard for shade, put that Bimini top on and fly. Water proof seats and a rubber floor, come to Papa little Bronco!
They aren’t worried because painted top is exempt from scratches when only the front portion is removed on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends. I’m pretty sure my MIC is gonna end up completely screwed the first time I use it as a saw horse. It might hide scratches well but that silicone I use to patch that 3 inch long cut in that bad boy is probably gonna stick out pretty bad if I ever put it back on.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They only mention the shadow black modular hard top. I’m waiting to get a body color hard top, I wonder if that’s still late availability and we have the option wait, or if it’s for MY 22.
Did they ever announce that for MY21? I thought that, and white tops, were for MY22

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They aren’t worried because painted top is exempt from scratches when only the front portion is removed on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends. I’m pretty sure my MIC is gonna end up completely screwed the first time I use it as a saw horse. It might hide scratches well but that silicone I use to patch that 3 inch long cut in that bad boy is probably gonna stick out pretty bad if I ever put it back on.
Youre prob right lol
I'd seldom take my top off whether mic or hardtop
But when I do, I'd plan to not have complete open air. Bimini top it is. Perfect for beach days.... ⛱

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am just trying to figure out where to store the damn thing as it will be topless or with a Bimini top 8 months a year!!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am just trying to figure out where to store the damn thing as it will be topless or with a Bimini top 8 months a year!!
I think its great that the Bronco is designed to store the tops, but then what about all our beach gear? And with a dog, there's really no space. Unless I of course tow it all behind me but, well... I'm not going to do that.

Feel like I'm going to eternally be searching for a reason and sensible way to take that top off. This isn't a complaint. More of a personal thing I gotta figure out.

These are GOOD problems

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can someone explain why in some pics of the MIC top the back window is glass and in other pics (like the one with this post) the window appears to be covered by plastic molding? Can the windows be replaced? Or does the MIC top come with a plastic window cover? I'm confused.
Glass is standard, the plastic was just a concept, maybe an aftermarket company will make them in the future. Ford just likes showing pics of stuff you can't buy to confuse people.
Sponsored