Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This from the article makes it sound like you would specify you want the Modular at time of order and they would basically put your order on hold until the part becomes available.

"Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door reservation holders will be given the choice of taking the mold-in-color option when the order conversion process begins in December. Alternatively, reservation holders can choose to wait for the black-painted modular hard top when it comes available. In addition to the black painted finish, the modular top allows for the removal of the rear-quarter glass in Bronco 2- and 4-doors models and on 2-door models only, adds another panel to the rear cap.

Bronco brand has indicated that initial reservation time stamp will continue to be honored. We are not sure what this will do for those choosing to wait except to ensure your place in line."

Zack, I just wanna give you props. You are always there with an honest answer to the best of your knowledge, and only the rarely needed sarcastic remark, your one of the dudes who makes this a great site. Thank you...(y)
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think its great that the Bronco is designed to store the tops, but then what about all our beach gear? And with a dog, there's really no space. Unless I of course tow it all behind me but, well... I'm not going to do that.

Feel like I'm going to eternally be searching for a reason and sensible way to take that top off. This isn't a complaint. More of a personal thing I gotta figure out.

These are GOOD problems
Sorry, I worded that badly, I meant where to store the TOP! The Bronco can sleep in the garage when I am not on the trail.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if I understand this right... I want my WT ASAP and that meaning I’m not getting a soft top and I only get the ugly interior option? Way to support the guys wanting the top of the line models! Only Ford could mess this up

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if I understand this right... I want my WT ASAP and that meaning I’m not getting a soft top and I only get the ugly interior option? Way to support the guys wanting the top of the line models! Only Ford could mess this up
Common thought is that this is a supply chain problem. Someone was here on these boards who worked at the factory thats supposed to be making the tops and the factory wasn't even built yet!!
#covidproblems

Honestly, this could be so much worse

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zack, I just wanna give you props. You are always there with an honest answer to the best of your knowledge, and only the rarely needed sarcastic remark, your one of the dudes who makes this a great site. Thank you...(y)
Shut the f*ck up @Mac n Nevada, nobody asked you.

(Thanks, that means a lot. Im looking forward to when we get to meet each other in person and see just how ugly we all are.)

Sponsored

Co_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what is available on B&P? Is the hard top they’re offering just a one piece? Like the older Jeep’s?

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what is available on B&P? Is the hard top they’re offering just a one piece? Like the older Jeep’s?
Pics shown are the tops they are coming with I think

1TNgirl

Wildtrak
First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There will be an aftermarket soft top within months after release though I'm guessing.
So true! Jeanella with www.mytop.us already sent me a response that they will be working on the automatic tops as well for the new Bronco. it's at least an option.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its modular as well, but its molded-in-color (aka mic). Its a dark grey and textured. You can take it off and store it in your trunk

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a deeper breath and read again. It is causing me confusion with words that are different from the pictures. It says front section. Also why is it not labeled the same as the 4 door picture next to it.

very poorly worded causing confusion.

View attachment 64150 View attachment 64152
This is from the BP 360 view from the inside. It sure looks like two separate sections up front..

44C2F4FE-ABBE-464D-8DEF-FCC431F8DD73.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I really wonder what "late availability" is? I mean, haven't we seen the shadow black tops already on pre-production models? That tells me they are available, but not as many as originally planned... I may choose to wait on delivery of my FE. It will likely be delayed a month or two? :unsure:
You are incorrect assuming that. Years ago I worked for a subcontractor of the Big Three. Routinely we would get small jobs of a few dozen units to painstakingly build by hand For testing before it was mass produced by a large Tier 1 supplier. Sometimes the parts could never be mass produced because of the complexity or quality issues and had to be redesigned thus Ultimately delaying production or canceling the part all together.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read the entire thread and think these are unique points.

1. B&P Price. The statement says, “reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option.” To me, this implies Ford discounted the Wildtrack the full price of the upgrade while including the MIC as a free compensation type upgrade. If correct, for Badlands buyers that would mean $1,895 for the Modular over standard. MIC is $695 over standard. This thread seems to be assuming it’s 1895 + 695 = $2,590. Has that been confirmed? If the Mod top doesn’t need sound deadening or needs it much less, this difference really matters.

2. MIC sure looks darker in that photo. I know I’ll be scolded for suggesting this, but ohhhhh please. Just a bit darker and so many customers will love their options all around.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any reason why there isn't a soft top on the two door?
I’m going to speculate that they looked at the ratio of two door versus four-door Wrangler‘s and with everything else going on they just haven’t gotten around to designing and testing a two door convertible top since they figured the two door would make up only 10% of production. And of that they probably figured less than half of that 10% would want convertibles over hard tops. So now you’re looking at less than 5% of all Broncos being two door convertibles.
Sponsored

Last edited: