PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry. Noob question here. What's the difference between a dual top / modular / mic ?

Sorry I tried doing a search and there's just too much info it's hard to understand what's what.

Thx ahead of time...
Sponsored

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would just like to state that a lot of users here have been peddling false information about the black hard tops that conflicts with what Ford has said all along, causing consternation among this community.

Ford clearly in their email over a month ago announced that AT ORDER TIME, you can choose to wait for the black hard top without affecting your reservation... with the understanding that you're waiting for its availability IN THE 2021 MODEL. They said it again in this announcement.

If you're sensing my frustration in my post, its because I've been saying this and referencing directly back to the original email for a while now. And yet some people kept thinking they're forced into MIC or have to lose their 2021 reservation.

I really hope this thread clears things up for this board.

Thank you OP for sharing this!
tenor (14).gif

To triple confirm with what I already knew. I'm waiting for black modular top, and getting a canvas bimini as my "second top" at order. My wildtrak Bronco is complete

Area 51 Bronco.png
I didn't read anything about the fear of LOSING our 2021 reservation, rather the fear of DELAYING our 2021 delivery- though if color matched tops are delayed into 2022, that would qualify as LOSING a 2021 delivery in exchange for a 2022.

I think most people here simply want their color matched top but don't want to wait an extra 6 months to get their Bronco. All Ford needs to do is let us know when color matched tops arrive at the dealership and I'll pop by for them to install it. I don't mind having a spare MIC but I absolutely mind getting reamed by additional shipping and installation costs.

As for "you can choose to wait for the black hard top without affecting your reservation" this statement is contradictory to me. Delaying your delivery is in fact affecting your reservation... Maybe you'll keep your place in line among those that want the black hard top, but those who take the MIC will get their Bronco before you- correct? Otherwise I don't know what we're all arguing about.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry. Noob question here. What's the difference between a dual top / modular / mic ?

Sorry I tried doing a search and there's just too much info it's hard to understand what's what.

Thx ahead of time...
Dual top just means you have the option of getting either the Mic or modular top along with the convertible top in a cardboard box to be later installed by yourself or the dealership Versus just buying a single Mic or modular hardtop or convertible top.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope they're able to get some what of a time line of how much long of a delay it would be.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2. MIC sure looks darker in that photo. I know I’ll be scolded for suggesting this, but ohhhhh please. Just a bit darker and so many customers will love their options all around.

Agreed, if the MIC top actually looked like that, this thread would disappear .... unfortunately, I think it is lighting and just a bit of editing.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't read anything about the fear of LOSING our 2021 reservation, rather the fear of DELAYING our 2021 delivery- though if color matched tops are delayed into 2022, that would qualify as LOSING a 2021 delivery in exchange for a 2022.

I think most people here simply want their color matched top but don't want to wait an extra 6 months to get their Bronco. All Ford needs to do is let us know when color matched tops arrive at the dealership and I'll pop by for them to install it. I don't mind having a spare MIC but I absolutely mind getting reamed by additional shipping and installation costs.

As for "you can choose to wait for the black hard top without affecting your reservation" this statement is contradictory to me. Delaying your delivery is in fact affecting your reservation... Maybe you'll keep your place in line among those that want the black hard top, but those who take the MIC will get their Bronco before you- correct? Otherwise I don't know what we're all arguing about.
Thats exactly correct. You're not losing your reservation for a MY2021 and your delivery will be relative to others who are waiting for the black hard top.

Many peoples concern was that they wouldn't be able to order modular black top at order time, and have to order it separate for much more money (due to freight).

Last edited:

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did they ever announce that for MY21? I thought that, and white tops, were for MY22
White tops were definitely for MY 22 because people wanted a white top for any color model they ordered. The body colored hard tops don’t seem to be mentioned very often, but they’ve been shown as options on model pages.

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too have been a little confused on this. Sometimes to much information gets confusing. So I know the MIC top is like a grayish color and comes in 4 separate panels for the 4 door. But is the MOD top the one that allows you to remove the glass or side panels to allow an open air cabin? If so that’s the one I want and see no problem waiting a little longer to have it! Hell that’s just more time to increase my down payment.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thx ahead of time...
“Dual Top” just means you’re ordering both the soft top and one of the hard tops together.
Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability 699FB99D-BF47-459D-8FED-0DEC7939113E

(This may be a new record for the amount of times I’ve posted this image in a single thread: 3)

Last edited:

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More bad news....

This article has been updated with new information that has been confirmed to Bronco Nation by Ford Motor Company, namely, that the dual top option for the 2021 Ford Bronco has now been categorized as “Late Availability”.

Bronco brand has announced some important news related to roof options on the 2021 Bronco 2-door and 4-door models, confirming to Bronco Nation that the option for a dual top will now be late availability.

As reported previously, the top two series, the First Edition and Wildtrak™ models will only be available at launch with molded‑in‑color hardtops. The black‑painted modular hardtop roof, which was previously standard, will now be a late‑availability option for the 2021 model year, and will be offered to Wildtrak™ and First Edition series customers who are willing to wait.

As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option. Removeable driver and passenger first row and second row sections as well as the rear cap functionality (see Figure 1) remains to provide open air driving. 2-Door open air driving can be achieved by removing the front section (see Figure 2).

View attachment 64109

Figure 1: Overhead View of 4-door MIC and Modular roof

View attachment 64110

Figure 2: Overhead view of 2-door MIC and Modular Hardtop

Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door reservation holders will be given the choice of taking the mold-in-color option when the order conversion process begins in December. Alternatively, reservation holders can choose to wait for the black-painted modular hard top when it comes available. In addition to the black painted finish, the modular top allows for the removal of the rear-quarter glass in Bronco 2- and 4-doors models and on 2-door models only, adds another panel to the rear cap.

Bronco brand has indicated that initial reservation time stamp will continue to be honored. We are not sure what this will do for those choosing to wait except to ensure your place in line.

See below for top availability by model (UPDATED).

View attachment 64111

View attachment 64112
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With Black Cloth Soft-Top Roof Option
View attachment 64113
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks With Carbonized Grey MIC Top
View attachment 64114
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With High Gloss Black Painted Modular Roof
More bad news....

This article has been updated with new information that has been confirmed to Bronco Nation by Ford Motor Company, namely, that the dual top option for the 2021 Ford Bronco has now been categorized as “Late Availability”.

Bronco brand has announced some important news related to roof options on the 2021 Bronco 2-door and 4-door models, confirming to Bronco Nation that the option for a dual top will now be late availability.

As reported previously, the top two series, the First Edition and Wildtrak™ models will only be available at launch with molded‑in‑color hardtops. The black‑painted modular hardtop roof, which was previously standard, will now be a late‑availability option for the 2021 model year, and will be offered to Wildtrak™ and First Edition series customers who are willing to wait.

As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option. Removeable driver and passenger first row and second row sections as well as the rear cap functionality (see Figure 1) remains to provide open air driving. 2-Door open air driving can be achieved by removing the front section (see Figure 2).

View attachment 64109

Figure 1: Overhead View of 4-door MIC and Modular roof

View attachment 64110

Figure 2: Overhead view of 2-door MIC and Modular Hardtop

Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door reservation holders will be given the choice of taking the mold-in-color option when the order conversion process begins in December. Alternatively, reservation holders can choose to wait for the black-painted modular hard top when it comes available. In addition to the black painted finish, the modular top allows for the removal of the rear-quarter glass in Bronco 2- and 4-doors models and on 2-door models only, adds another panel to the rear cap.

Bronco brand has indicated that initial reservation time stamp will continue to be honored. We are not sure what this will do for those choosing to wait except to ensure your place in line.

See below for top availability by model (UPDATED).

View attachment 64111

View attachment 64112
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With Black Cloth Soft-Top Roof Option
View attachment 64113
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks With Carbonized Grey MIC Top
View attachment 64114
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With High Gloss Black Painted Modular Roof
Who would have ever thought that the Bronco Sport would have a better looking top than the Bronco, a vehicle that costs twice as much? Bravo, Ford.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

“Dual Top” just means you’re ordering both the soft top and one of the hard tops together.
Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability 699FB99D-BF47-459D-8FED-0DEC7939113E

(This may be a new record for the amount of times I’ve posted this image in a single thread: 3)
Why are you surprised, did you actually expect people to read the thread? It's much simpler to just jump in and repeat the same question, over and....

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly, I'd rather do this than have the CG MIC top on my hands afterward. Not like people will be buying them up since everyone else will be doing the same thing.

Would suck to wait, but would suck more to have that thing forever.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What a mess, and we are supposed to order these in what the next 2 weeks? Give or take.
This is why I haven’t reserved yet. Once they said a white top should be available in MY22 my plan has been to order during the order window but wait long enough to ensure a 22. (If I didn’t do it this way and they called to tell me a 21 was available I wouldn’t be able to say no lol)
Sponsored