North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Covid is still a huge factor in the issues being faced with this launch. Not only are you dealing with outbreaks that take employees out of the game, you struggle with getting the support out of Europe due to restrictions on international travel.
Correct in part, but we are talking screw-ups, which are to numerous to list. You don't even have to mention B&P "by September", let's just take Bronco Nation, that is a Keystone Cops outfit, it has nothing to do with Covid.
Sponsored

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct in part, but we are talking screw-ups, which are to numerous to list. You don't even have to mention B&P "by September", let's just take Bronco Nation, that is a Keystone Cops outfit, it has nothing to do with Covid.
Agree - Covid is not an excuse for poor communication.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said, Ford should just delay the launch until they get their supplier network figured out. All of this “late availability” crap is starting to get on peoples nerves including mine.

Then delay the launch until they get the equipment in and running efficiently enough so there are no “late availability” issues anymore. Companies all over the world are having to make sacrifices due to Covid. Ford isn’t any different in that regard.
Alright, I’ve got an idea, but you’re gonna have to hear me out:

What if Ford delays the release until they have all the items at full availability. Full stop, you’re not gonna be able to buy a Bronco until they’re able to ship it with, say, a Modular Top (for example).

But then, they announce some “early availability” items, since they are sitting on *some* capacity. That way, “early adopters” who were say, okay with the MIC (in the above example), could order and receive these limited Broncos before everyone else. Price you pay to be the first on your block with the new Bronco!

That gets Broncos out the doors sooner, enables Ford to maximize the total MY21 builds, and everyone gets their particular Bronco orders as soon as possible without having to wait on parts they dont want?

Last edited:

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The part I still can't wrap my head around is forcing FE and WT buyers to take the MIC top.

Let them order a soft top and get the car and get their mod top later WITH an additional freight charge if you want to make your customers pay for your poor planning.

At least give them the choice of waiting or not.

This has forced me to downgrade to a Badlands. I'm not buying a top I don't want. Period. Oh and since I've moved to a Badlands, I'm getting the MGV interior because I don't need power seats.

Way to leave money laying on the table Ford!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The real question is do you use an October reservation ,counting on the fact that it will probably be a 2022 model and that you will be able to order a matching colored hardtop and maybe different interior options or do you use your July 14 reservation with a black modular top and hope for a 2021 model OR do you simply wait until the 2022 options come out and order then.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The real question is do you use an October reservation ,counting on the fact that it will probably be a 2022 model and that you will be able to order a matching colored hardtop and maybe different interior options or do you use your July 14 reservation with a black modular top and hope for a 2021 model OR do you simply wait until the 2022 options come out and order then.
Bigger question is do you want one soon or the extract way you want it. Since I drive so much and going to daily it I’ll get the first one put miles on it and trade for one in 2 years when all this mess is worked out. Or the BroncoR is out

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know if this has been answered or not but if you make the choice to wait for the black modular top your price goes back up $1895?

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im in this same boat. July 17th reservation (really don't want the MIC or soft top and considering ordering shadow black hardtop and having it painted white) and October reservation (with intent on getting a MY22 w/ painted white modular hardtop).

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order and wait for black top. Take it to immediately get painted white.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it’s a removable top, what is the install? Am I missing something?
I suppose you can have a trailer to pick it up. But with freight delivery, it will be crated. A dealer isn't going to allow you to muscle around the top on their property. There is the issue of liability. You aren't allowed to wrench on your vehicle on their property. And you won't be allowed to muscle the top on their property. You can pay them to install it or accept delivery and have the product installed off-site.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I suppose you can have a trailer to pick it up. But with freight delivery, it will be crated. A dealer isn't going to allow you to muscle around the top on their property. There is the issue of liability. You aren't allowed to wrench on your vehicle on their property. And you won't be allowed to muscle the top on their property. You can pay them to install it or accept delivery and have the product installed off-site.
Never had issue picking up large things from a dealership. Only thing I will say is if it’s ordered with a soft tip and you buy a hard top later is the bronco wired for rear defrost in wiper if it didn’t come with a hard top first? That’s the question.
Sponsored