News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Just got this email from my current dealer today:

I talked with my new inventory management. At this point we don't know exactly when we will be able to place Bronco orders. While we were originally told that the 19th was when we could start ordering them, my manager was talking with Ford, and they said it is now looking like it is going to be closer to summer before we can order them.

Wow! I hope this isn’t true. I’m not trying to start an ugly rumor, just looking to see if anyone else has heard about further potential delays. Things seems to be progressing on bronco nation, so this was a bit of a shock to me.

Advertisement

rtaylor

First Name
R
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7, 2013 GT500, 2019 Raptor
I talked with my new inventory management. At this point we don't know exactly when we will be able to place Bronco orders. While we were originally told that the 19th was when we could start ordering them, my manager was talking with Ford, and they said it is now looking like it is going to be closer to summer before we can order them.
Just a guess, but since it is "inventory management" maybe this is referring to dealer stock orders?

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Clubs

In the Army we had to make what we called "contingency plans". If plan A doesn't work, go to plan B, then C and so forth. Ford clearly failed to have contingency plans, which should have been obvious to them that they needed to do so with the pandemic and all. They should have had multiple MIC top makers lined up should the first not be able to meet demand, multiple microchip manufacturers lined up and so forth. You get what I'm saying. When you tell a supplier that they will meet demand or they will be replaced with someone who can, companies tend to pull out the stops to make things work.

With that being said, I hope and pray your dealer is wrong or perhaps misunderstood what was told to them. If it is true, we shouldn't be surprised as this has been the "New Normal" lol with this launch.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Reaction score
Website
www.orlandobroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Clubs

Some dealer: "I have a 2 door to test drive right now!"
6G:"Lol. Yeah right! Dealers know nothing."

Some dealer: "I heard from someone who heard from someone that orders will start later."
6G: "I knew it! I hate ford! They are incompetent with no plan! Reservation cancelled!"

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

In the Army we had to make what we called "contingency plans". If plan A doesn't work, go to plan B, then C and so forth. Ford clearly failed to have contingency plans, which should have been obvious to them that they needed to do so with the pandemic and all. They should have had multiple MIC top makers lined up should the first not be able to meet demand, multiple microchip manufacturers lined up and so forth. You get what I'm saying. When you tell a supplier that they will meet demand or they will be replaced with someone who can, companies tend to pull out the stops to make things work.

With that being said, I hope and pray your dealer is wrong or perhaps misunderstood what was told to them. If it is true, we shouldn't be surprised as this has been the "New Normal" lol with this launch.
That’s not how manufacturing works.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Titanium, 94 Ford Mustang GT
Clubs

Sadly Lean concepts that are good at keeping warehouse costs down limit the options the supply chain has available since the chain is left with short inventory. It is great when things are chugging along but a big bottleneck in times like these. There is the rub on plans b and c if inventories cut the legs out from under you.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Clubs

Uwdawg631

Wildtrak
First Name
Vic
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, F-150
Clubs

I went and spoke with my dealer this past Sunday, he gave me the same info. Look to the summer before orders can happen. With first deliveries late in the year into 2022. I had the same question, why call them 2021's then?? Just a deer in the headlight stare.

Advertisement

Advertisement