Sponsored

News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got this email from my current dealer today:

I talked with my new inventory management. At this point we don't know exactly when we will be able to place Bronco orders. While we were originally told that the 19th was when we could start ordering them, my manager was talking with Ford, and they said it is now looking like it is going to be closer to summer before we can order them.

Wow! I hope this isn’t true. I’m not trying to start an ugly rumor, just looking to see if anyone else has heard about further potential delays. Things seems to be progressing on bronco nation, so this was a bit of a shock to me.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be a bummer for certain BUUUUUT more time means more down payment. :alien:

Maybe just a "few" extra people to bail which could move more people up. :devilish:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked with my new inventory management. At this point we don't know exactly when we will be able to place Bronco orders. While we were originally told that the 19th was when we could start ordering them, my manager was talking with Ford, and they said it is now looking like it is going to be closer to summer before we can order them.
Just a guess, but since it is "inventory management" maybe this is referring to dealer stock orders?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
closer to summer before we can order
well....this would end the discussion of whether they should all be 2022s. Now, you start to think about them being 23s.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the Army we had to make what we called "contingency plans". If plan A doesn't work, go to plan B, then C and so forth. Ford clearly failed to have contingency plans, which should have been obvious to them that they needed to do so with the pandemic and all. They should have had multiple MIC top makers lined up should the first not be able to meet demand, multiple microchip manufacturers lined up and so forth. You get what I'm saying. When you tell a supplier that they will meet demand or they will be replaced with someone who can, companies tend to pull out the stops to make things work.

With that being said, I hope and pray your dealer is wrong or perhaps misunderstood what was told to them. If it is true, we shouldn't be surprised as this has been the "New Normal" lol with this launch.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a guess, but since it is "inventory management" maybe this is referring to dealer stock orders?
That's what I think. Can't order one without having a reservation attached to it before summer. Makes sense...

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some dealer: "I have a 2 door to test drive right now!"
6G:"Lol. Yeah right! Dealers know nothing."

Some dealer: "I heard from someone who heard from someone that orders will start later."
6G: "I knew it! I hate ford! They are incompetent with no plan! Reservation cancelled!"

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the Army we had to make what we called "contingency plans". If plan A doesn't work, go to plan B, then C and so forth. Ford clearly failed to have contingency plans, which should have been obvious to them that they needed to do so with the pandemic and all. They should have had multiple MIC top makers lined up should the first not be able to meet demand, multiple microchip manufacturers lined up and so forth. You get what I'm saying. When you tell a supplier that they will meet demand or they will be replaced with someone who can, companies tend to pull out the stops to make things work.

With that being said, I hope and pray your dealer is wrong or perhaps misunderstood what was told to them. If it is true, we shouldn't be surprised as this has been the "New Normal" lol with this launch.
That’s not how manufacturing works.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sadly Lean concepts that are good at keeping warehouse costs down limit the options the supply chain has available since the chain is left with short inventory. It is great when things are chugging along but a big bottleneck in times like these. There is the rub on plans b and c if inventories cut the legs out from under you.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quite the change from january 19th to summer. Just seems like too much of a change. If anything i would think it's moved back incrementally, not just a huge jump, but who knows.

Uwdawg631

Wildtrak
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) Ford Fusion's, yes 2, his and hers, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went and spoke with my dealer this past Sunday, he gave me the same info. Look to the summer before orders can happen. With first deliveries late in the year into 2022. I had the same question, why call them 2021's then?? Just a deer in the headlight stare.
Sponsored