Sponsored

News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

? I’m crying

ok anyway - whaaaat the heck. Sure hope this isn’t true :(
Would you people really expect any different at this point? Sure, there is this group around here that loves to defend Ford to their last dying breath, I get that. And I've always owned Fords and will always own a Ford, but even I am throwing in the towel. This launch has been a mess since last March. None of these disappointments surprise me anymore. All they do is make me hope that my Mustang (now @ 209k miles) can hold on til the day I do eventually get my Bronco.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received an email yesterday from my dealer, asking me to schedule a time to come in and formalize my order!!!

I responded that I plan on waiting til later in the order period to finalize my order and I let him know about the rumor of the potential delay by Ford on the order book.

I'm sure I made his day.

Sponsored

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In the Army we had to make what we called "contingency plans". If plan A doesn't work, go to plan B, then C and so forth. Ford clearly failed to have contingency plans, which should have been obvious to them that they needed to do so with the pandemic and all. They should have had multiple MIC top makers lined up should the first not be able to meet demand, multiple microchip manufacturers lined up and so forth. You get what I'm saying. When you tell a supplier that they will meet demand or they will be replaced with someone who can, companies tend to pull out the stops to make things work.

With that being said, I hope and pray your dealer is wrong or perhaps misunderstood what was told to them. If it is true, we shouldn't be surprised as this has been the "New Normal" lol with this launch.
Tony,

If you are aware of manufacturers who have the Molds, Technical know how and Quality assurance protocols who happen to be sitting around with free capacity to make 100K MIC tops please let Ford know I am sure they will be happy to fire the entire Procurement Team to crown you the King of Procurement.

If not start by asking your employer's CEO how many contingency plans they had in place to ensure smooth operation with no disruptions during COVID.

NOTE: This post is NOT intended as a political post or a means to demonstrate the lack of leadership of any political party.