Sponsored

News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the Army we had to make what we called "contingency plans". If plan A doesn't work, go to plan B, then C and so forth. Ford clearly failed to have contingency plans, which should have been obvious to them that they needed to do so with the pandemic and all. They should have had multiple MIC top makers lined up should the first not be able to meet demand, multiple microchip manufacturers lined up and so forth. You get what I'm saying. When you tell a supplier that they will meet demand or they will be replaced with someone who can, companies tend to pull out the stops to make things work.

With that being said, I hope and pray your dealer is wrong or perhaps misunderstood what was told to them. If it is true, we shouldn't be surprised as this has been the "New Normal" lol with this launch.
I know several people in the automative business, both supplier and manufacturer sides. Everything is JIT and every contract is specified and laid out in advance of production (and usually over multiple years with a declining price as the development costs are spread over the life of a model. For instance, a sun roof manufacturer may make roofs for 5 or 6 vehicles and 3 different manufacturers. They bid, negotiate and get a contract to deliver x units at y price on z date. They build in their capacity and pricing to fit the build cycle and volume estimated by the manufacturer. It would be very difficult to get suppliers to bid on unknown volume and unknown capacity on contingency of another supplier failing. Some parts may be able to be substituted or sourced from a different factory, but it would be very difficult to maintain pricing even if you could get capacity. I assume (maybe wrong) that these pictures are from a supplier testing an "accessory top" for Ford to offer and potentially they have a contract for eventual aftermarket sales as well? I am sure everyone is behind due to the Bronco delays, including the accessory suppliers.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you can get the 'vette about as easy as a 2021 Bronc.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know several people in the automative business, both supplier and manufacturer sides. Everything is JIT and every contract is specified and laid out in advance of production (and usually over multiple years with a declining price as the development costs are spread over the life of a model. For instance, a sun roof manufacturer may make roofs for 5 or 6 vehicles and 3 different manufacturers. They bid, negotiate and get a contract to deliver x units at y price on z date. They build in their capacity and pricing to fit the build cycle and volume estimated by the manufacturer. It would be very difficult to get suppliers to bid on unknown volume and unknown capacity on contingency of another supplier failing. Some parts may be able to be substituted or sourced from a different factory, but it would be very difficult to maintain pricing even if you could get capacity. I assume (maybe wrong) that these pictures are from a supplier testing an "accessory top" for Ford to offer and potentially they have a contract for eventual aftermarket sales as well? I am sure everyone is behind due to the Bronco delays, including the accessory suppliers.
Don't forget Ford owns the tools. So for each layer of contingency you've now added the massive cost of a new tool, new DV, new PPAP process. There's a reason its done in the military where cost is of no consequence, but not done in the business world.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not surprised in the slightest... Doesn't bother me.

I'll enjoy my ZR2 in the meantime.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many FordPass points do we get this time?

Follow up, bonus question! How many delays do I need before I can purchase the Bronco on points?
Pretty soon and we can buy a Festiva.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just got this email from my current dealer today:

I talked with my new inventory management. At this point we don't know exactly when we will be able to place Bronco orders. While we were originally told that the 19th was when we could start ordering them, my manager was talking with Ford, and they said it is now looking like it is going to be closer to summer before we can order them.

Wow! I hope this isn’t true. I’m not trying to start an ugly rumor, just looking to see if anyone else has heard about further potential delays. Things seems to be progressing on bronco nation, so this was a bit of a shock to me.
Looks like Ford is running out of money faster than we originally thought.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tony,

If you are aware of manufacturers who have the Molds, Technical know how and Quality assurance protocols who happen to be sitting around with free capacity to make 100K MIC tops please let Ford know I am sure they will be happy to fire the entire Procurement Team to crown you the King of Procurement.

If not start by asking your employer's CEO how many contingency plans they had in place to ensure smooth operation with no disruptions during COVID.

NOTE: This post is NOT intended as a political post or a means to demonstrate the lack of leadership of any political party.
We did have a contingency plan at my employer. You know what it was? We keep doing the work we always have because people's lives depend on it. Missouri had from January to March to plan for the eventual crapstorm and that's what we did. Have we had to change methods or adapt? Of course but we have had no disruptions of our day to day business with the communities we serve. That is what we should be asking Ford to do, find a solution and get it done. It was our agencies across the state that have kept people's power on when they lost their jobs due to COVID. It was our agencies who paid up to 6 months of rent arrears and defaulted mortgages to keep families in their homes. We met and continue to meet face to face with these families in their homes during a pandemic and about 70 percent of our employees at my specific agency have already had COVID. We didn't have the option to shut our doors because people would have been on the streets if we had. It's called embracing the suck and putting your nose to the grindstone and getting it done.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I talked with my new inventory management. At this point we don't know exactly when we will be able to place Bronco orders.
"new inventory management" is for dealer inventory vehicles, not reservation orders. We know dealers cannot order inventory vehicles until after all reservation vehicles are delivered.

If Ford knows by spring the production schedule for all reservation conversions then they will be able to open up orders to dealers for dealer inventory vehicles at that time, perhaps summer, and that those vehicles will then be delivered after all reservation vehicles are delivered. Another case of people going ballistic and canceling orders over another stupid rumor started by another know nothing dealer, logic still works.

If this rumor turns out to be true I will update my poll to include April, May, June, July, August and "By September"

More Delays? - What Date will Ordering Really Begin?

Ford Bronco News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)? delayed-ordering-date-1-10-2021-
Sponsored

Last edited: