Sponsored

News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

Forestcam

Base
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
What’s gonna come first? The new bronco or 2-door gladiator J6?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This was posted today by one of the most trusted dealers on the forum.
Still waiting for the mothership (FoMoCo) to put out any kind of information that I can sink my teeth into...
If Granger Ford does not know, your local dealer does not know.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did have a contingency plan at my employer. You know what it was? We keep doing the work we always have because people's lives depend on it. Missouri had from January to March to plan for the eventual crapstorm and that's what we did. Have we had to change methods or adapt? Of course but we have had no disruptions of our day to day business with the communities we serve. That is what we should be asking Ford to do, find a solution and get it done. It was our agencies across the state that have kept people's power on when they lost their jobs due to COVID. It was our agencies who paid up to 6 months of rent arrears and defaulted mortgages to keep families in their homes. We met and continue to meet face to face with these families in their homes during a pandemic and about 70 percent of our employees at my specific agency have already had COVID. We didn't have the option to shut our doors because people would have been on the streets if we had. It's called embracing the suck and putting your nose to the grindstone and getting it done.
And you know what? There are likely dozens of employees right now wanting to manufacture those tops with exactly that same spirit. Unfortunately, some governors do not agree with your "get it done" philosophy and have literally posted law enforcement outside of businesses preventing motivated workers from doing exactly that. Be thankful that you live in a still largely free state.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least you can all go buy blazers instead.
To me, it sounds like your dealer wants you to cancel your reservation so he can move up in line.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"new inventory management" is for dealer inventory vehicles, not reservation orders. We know dealers cannot order inventory vehicles until after all reservation vehicles are delivered.

If Ford knows by spring the production schedule for all reservation conversions then they will be able to open up orders to dealers for dealer inventory vehicles at that time, perhaps summer, and that those vehicles will then be delivered after all reservation vehicles are delivered. Another case of people going ballistic and canceling orders over another stupid rumor started by another know nothing dealer, logic still works.

If this rumor turns out to be true I will update my poll to include April, May, June, July, August and "By September"

More Delays? - What Date will Ordering Really Begin?

delayed-ordering-date-1-10-2021-png.png
MY21 and MY22 models can still be produced "by DEC 31, 2021".

Sponsored

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The world is going hybrid or electric, the Bronco is old school gas guzzling tech with the aero of a brick. Management is probably rethinking the whole thing ?
Ford will sell more Broncos alone than all of Tesla’s models combined. Gas is still cheap and more practical than any electric car. Ford sells 10x more vehicles than Tesla and had $160 billion in revenues in 2019 compared to $28 billion in Tesla. Fords also have body panels that have paint and without large gaps. Ford is too good of a company to gamble all its vehicles on electricity or hybrid. The future might be electric vehicles or it could be hydrogen powered or it could be gas since most people don’t want to wait an hour for their cars to fill up.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did have a contingency plan at my employer. You know what it was? We keep doing the work we always have because people's lives depend on it. Missouri had from January to March to plan for the eventual crapstorm and that's what we did. Have we had to change methods or adapt? Of course but we have had no disruptions of our day to day business with the communities we serve. That is what we should be asking Ford to do, find a solution and get it done. It was our agencies across the state that have kept people's power on when they lost their jobs due to COVID. It was our agencies who paid up to 6 months of rent arrears and defaulted mortgages to keep families in their homes. We met and continue to meet face to face with these families in their homes during a pandemic and about 70 percent of our employees at my specific agency have already had COVID. We didn't have the option to shut our doors because people would have been on the streets if we had. It's called embracing the suck and putting your nose to the grindstone and getting it done.
I am thankful for what you and lot's of government (and non-government) agencies have done during covid, thank you. Ford has been working almost the entire time (along with the other manufacturers and suppliers). Workers have had Covid, workers have died from Covid and in MI they are considered essential and effectively have to go in (at least to the manufacturing plants). None of that means parts are available, if they are not available. No "nose to the grindstone" is going to have suppliers retool or make parts that they have not planned for, it just doesn't work that way. No one builds vehicles with parts out of stock, everything is sourced and delivered, literally, just in time, planned months and often years in advance. Just the semiconductor order volume changes from early last year have completely sent the auto manufacturing business sideways. None of the manufacturers is holding back, Ford desperately wants to get Bronco production going. They have made major mistakes, starting with the retooled Explorer and then covid compounded the issue, especially with the F150 launch coming mid-pandemic. No offense to us future Bronco owners, but the F150 keeps Ford in business, period. I say, if you don't like what's going on, buy something else. or wait if your situation allows it. I am fortunate, I can keep my F150 lease until August, but at some point, I may have to choose another vehicle too.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My thoughts...If I am not incorrect, the dealers don’t order from Ford until May when the order banks open. Reservation holders can start placing orders with the dealer Jan 19 . Maybe they meant early summer (May) when the dealer places the order with Ford?
Kinda correct mid-may is when Ford is supposed to tell dealer and customer when expected d livery is based on time stamp, production schedule, wnd allotment.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not put much stock and rando dealer. Either they are like said talking about dealer inventory and or looking to get you to look and buy something else now.

Summer orders would probably cause heads to roll at Ford.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If this rumor turns out to be true I will update my poll to include April, May, June, July, August
North....you should probably specify 'year' with each of those months

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And you know what? There are likely dozens of employees right now wanting to manufacture those tops with exactly that same spirit. Unfortunately, some governors do not agree with your "get it done" philosophy and have literally posted law enforcement outside of businesses preventing motivated workers from doing exactly that. Be thankful that you live in a still largely free state.
give us the option of accepting delivery with a soft top and IOU on hardtop or soft top now and $500 hard top discount when customer chooses to buy. Meaning you can wait to see if white or black or color matched come out over next two years and can use $500 discount then.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't forget Ford owns the tools. So for each layer of contingency you've now added the massive cost of a new tool, new DV, new PPAP process. There's a reason its done in the military where cost is of no consequence, but not done in the business world.
And there's a reason the military subs a ton of this stuff out and goes over budget.

I don't know too much about the US military but if it's anything like the Canadian military; planning, logistics, and financials of manufacturing certainly isn't their strong point. I certainly wouldn't use them as an example of best practices in manufacturing.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford will sell more Broncos alone than all of Tesla’s models combined. Gas is still cheap and more practical than any electric car. Ford sells 10x more vehicles than Tesla and had $160 billion in revenues in 2019 compared to $28 billion in Tesla. Fords also have body panels that have paint and without large gaps. Ford is too good of a company to gamble all its vehicles on electricity or hybrid. The future might be electric vehicles or it could be hydrogen powered or it could be gas since most people don’t want to wait an hour for their cars to fill up.
Yes but ...
Ford Hybrids and Electric Vehicles
In January of 2018, Ford announced plans to invest $11 billion in electric vehicles, much higher than its previous target of $4.5 billion. With this investment, the company plans to roll out 40 electronic vehicles by 2022. 16 of these will be fully electric and the rest will be plug-in hybrids.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It may not be, and that is precisely the problem.
It's not an easy problem, manufacturers want fewer suppliers, managing more adds costs, adds qualification time, etc.. So everything either takes longer, quality suffers, or stuff costs more. For a platform that starts at $28.5K there's only so much room to play around. Same reason Tesla entry-level spec cars are pure phantomware.
Sponsored