Sponsored

News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope Ford builds the Bronco better than they market it...................thinking of options.
Seriously, jump ship off you’re considering it. I pulled the trigger on a ZR2 and love it.

i had a fully loaded sport bad lands ordered and felt like I was just a number. Zero updates besides the automatic emails.
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any dealership that has told you to send them your build and price so they can put it in right when the banks open is borderline scamming you. Complete bullshit sales tactic since we know build and price is basically bullshit.
Seems inflammatory.

Not sure how this is a bullshit sales tactic. Interesting take on it though.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time to short $F? lol

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We dual source the majority of our most critical components whenever possible. But...we do large lots and are willing to warehouse stock to be able to do so. There is a significant amount of lead time for many items if we were to need to go from one supplier to another for any number of reasons. With the JIT model, that just does not work.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford delays orders til Summer I surely expect more than a “few” to bail...
This could be a huge issue for Ford...

Will I hang on? Who knows, most likely but I could see and would expect people dropping like flies
Well I for one (everyone is different and it’s OK) can only hang on till the summer order and 22 delivery if they address the following concerns; figure out the towing and gross vehicle weight issue “give us specs” & figure out a way to test drive these Broncos at a local dealership. That’s all I need to get myself confident if it’s something I’m willing to invest at $55k and wait a year from now. It’s not much to ask IMO.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
order conversions would likely be pushed from 19 Jan to early Feb. Said his manager was getting indications from FoMoCo that a slight delay was imminent.
Another delay in order banks can ONLY mean Ford will not be ready to build Broncos May 3. And the inference is they don't have a clue when they will be ready...so "slight delay" is just another way of saying "check's in the mail"

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Ford delays orders til Summer I surely expect more than a “few” to bail...
This could be a huge issue for Ford...

Will I hang on? Who knows, most likely but I could see and would expect people dropping like flies
The longer ford waits the more people will bail. But for many of them it will not be because they didn’t want a a bronco but rather due to the absolute need for a reliable vehicle. If it’s delayed much longer, we will be going on about 2 years and for many that is 40-50 thousand miles on their Vehicle .

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke with my dealer today. He said they have been left totally in the dark by Ford, and haven't heard a single thing since orders were delayed last month.
That is concerning since orders are set to open in a week.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems inflammatory.

Uh, seems scammy to take an order that is not really an order, and may or may not include B&P items that are mispriced, or even unavailable until 2022. Are you new on the forum? This has been discussed multiple times because a few dealers did this prior to the original order date that got bumped back.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems inflammatory.

Some dealers are asking for a “head count” from their customers prior to order banks opening. They’re making a spreadsheet of what trims and accessories people want, so when it comes time to place the orders, they can more efficiently reach out to people and put them in the system.

That’s good forethought.

Other dealers have reached out to their reservation holders (weeks ago even) and told them to submit “their order” from the B&P. This is a tactic to lock a customer into their dealership before actual pricing is known and the deadline to change your dealer comes. We saw a rash of these “submit your order with us now!” Emails when it was becoming widely known that competing dealers were offering invoice or X-plan pricing.

Some new forum members were posting that they thought they had already “ordered their Bronco”... but didn’t even know how much it was going to cost or how much markup their dealer was going to charge them...

That’s manipulative and scammy business practice.

Nobody should be “placing their order” before they actually can or without knowing what the price is, and no dealer should ask someone to do that.

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some dealers are asking for a “head count” from their customers prior to order banks opening. They’re making a spreadsheet of what trims and accessories people want, so when it comes time to place the orders, they can more efficiently reach out to people and put them in the system.

That’s good forethought.

Other dealers have reached out to their reservation holders (weeks ago even) and told them to submit “their order” from the B&P. This is a tactic to lock a customer into their dealership before actual pricing is known and the deadline to change your dealer comes. We saw a rash of these “submit your order with us now!” Emails when it was becoming widely known that competing dealers were offering invoice or X-plan pricing.

Some new forum members were posting that they thought they had already “ordered their Bronco”... but didn’t even know how much it was goimuch markup their dealer was going to charge them...

That’s manipulative and scammy business practice.

No body should be placing their order without known what the price is, and no dealer should ask someone to do that.
I agree with this. ⬆⬆⬆

Couple videos ago from BN they even stated the way it works to convert is you go into your dealer, go over your build sheet, and agree on a price.

Unfortunately right now there is no official pricing so a dealer can't agree on a price. I mean if they do and you can get them to hold to it, I guess it could work out but that seems foolish to me.